Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idiot's Guide to Shimizoki's Sarkoth Script, VM, and Remote Management

Hi all,

I made a guide for all those still struggling to launch their very first bot. The guide is intended for new comer to installing and running the DH Script for the first time. I tried to incorporate as much instructions as I can, but if anything is not clear, feel free to let me know and I will try to explain what I meant for each step. Note that I do not own any credit for the script, only to the guide.

For this initial version, I have left out setting up VMWare and Remote Management. If many likes this document and is helpful, and has become polished, I will proceed to improving the guide and add the VM/Multibot and Remote Management part. I also intentionally remove the "Auto Update" on the instruction so as not to confuse the "green" users of the guide.

Link to the Idiot's Guide

p.s.
    * My first post!
    * I don't really bot a lot, I usually do Bot for an hour and either shutdown the PC (electricity is expensive) or play for an hour or so myself
    * I enjoy technology, software, hardware, gadget, but I'm more of a PC guy
    * For troubleshooting your script, post in the appropriate Script section . You can post here, and I can try to help. But if you are a beginner, I would strongly advise against modifying the code yourself. However, I strongly advise that you scroll thru the script and read it. Make a copy of the original before doing any kind of editing.
    * If you find the guide useful, do let me know . If you find something wrong, let me know too! If you find it utter garbage, let me know as well why it is (i.e. a better guide is out there already, or my guide is not understandable because I use gibberish words, etc)!
    * English is not my native language, while that is not a 100% excuse, it still accounts to my mistakes if even just partially
    * "Idiot's" word is used here in homage of the many Idiot's Guide series books, and not to the user of this forum or the state of mind of the readers.
    Last edited by AndrielMarie; 07-18-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Idiot's Guide to Shimizoki's Sarkoth Script, VM, and Remote Management
    blackdodod83's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VM and multi botting

Hey AndrielMarie,

I just read your guide and even though I am already running a bot (I clicked on the thread because of the VM part *g*), I must say, I still made things clear.

You talk about multi botting .. I thought about setting up a second VM, but that does not work on my computer. Just out of curiosity, what about a hosted virtual server or a root server, which then runs two or three VMs? Would that be possible? :-)

Greetings,
    Dodo

AndrielMarie's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi blackdood, sorry about the confusion on the VM. I tried to edit the title, but it seems I can't . I will edit it out and fix it as soon as I know about it. Am new to the forum, and still trying to figure things out.

As for VM, I recommend using VMWare Workstation 8.0. I think it costs about ~$200, or you can get it from your favorite software repository. A complicated (i.e. enterprise) hosted VM will be out of the scope of this document, but that is possible on enterprise environment (or with significant personal hardware investment). But a simpler approach can also be implemented, as I said in the title, "Remote Management", which basically gives you (or another user) access to the VM (or the PC/server hosting a VM) if your own PC can not support it. However, this means you need to ask another friend to host that VM for you, so security is a concern, not to mention accessibility and control.

Personally, I would recommend you invest a little on your PC if you would like to run multiple guest OS. A processor with VT-x support (i.e. a cheap Intel Pentium G620), nvdia 560 ti video card, 8 GB of RAM, 7200 rpm 1TB HDD (or even SSD) and Win7 Ultimate will be able to get you at least 2 VMs running (I am only able to test 2, just because I only have 2 D3 accounts).

However, with my set up (core i7 3770k, 16gb ram, 1TB 7200rpm, nvidia 560), I can tell you that disk swapping has not peaked at 100% for more than 3secs, memory usage never goes above 5 GB, and host PC is perfectly usable (not for playing D3 though) for browsing, watching videos, streaming movies, and other tasks.

jahmangang's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for this guide, works great on my computer in VMware, (core i7 2600k, 16gb ram, 240gb ssd, 3tb seagate barracuda 7200rpm, nvidia gtx680)

LATM's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to secure a good position in this post so I submitted before I was done with my thoughts, but please check again cause I have a bit more to add and I'll do it through edits

As the guy who put the VMware "suggestion" up on the website, I want you to read what I have to say and consider taking down your guide.

Right now what you are doing is catering to the people who don't want to use free thought and try to learn. When you hold someone's hand and give them step by step by step instructions down to the smallest amount, you make it impossible to allow any degree of problem solving. You are giving them a fish rather than teaching them to fish.

I said get VM ware, get a w7 .iso, here is what you can do with it, it is awesome.

A problem solver who doesn't know how to use torrents will figure out what torrents are, and simultaneously have access to a whole new branch of capabilities, as he gets the required files.

A person will learn that .iso is the extension for images of CD's and even learn what an image of a CD is. This will help them if they ever have to install crack programs, or even something legitimate like making a bootable iso for memory test.

The person who isn't afraid of auto-it because it looks overwhelming, will open up the script and discover not only is it easy and intuitive. [I re-created and optimized the barbarian routine on my first day using auto-it with no prior experience in computer programming]

But most of all, they're going to learn where to go to HELP THEMSELVES when they have problems, and how to help yourself. Helping yourself is like any skill in life, be it riding a bicycle, weightlifting, speaking a language, or anything else. Everyone starts out as TOTAL SHIT, and through helping themselves they become adept at picking up new skills and quickly solving their only problems.

When teaching Algebra in school to young kids, you learn that 6 - X = 4, you don't learn every single numerical combination of A - B = C. The point is that when you see different equations with different parts missing, you know how to solve the problem yourself. When someone has path issues going forward, or doesn't know what to do with dlls, or has a rar'd file, they're going to KNOW what to do because they had to learn when they were setting up their bot. When you write a guide that holds peoples hands, you have taught them one small tiny little function, and deprived them of an entire world.

When you tell them to go to Options--->Display--->Fullscreen Windowed, you aren't letting them learn the configuration for themselves. The instructions for most scripts tell what needs to be done. The user has to figure out where to go to make these things happen, but for the most part they are really easy with effort. You call yourself an idiot yet you were able to learn everything that needed to be learned to make your guide.

I can not stop you, but please do not expand this any further. Perhaps you won't take it down, but the reason I wrote the VMware guide as I did was specifically for the reasons I have outlined

Its one thing when you are doing something that is dangerous if you **** up. If I'm writing a guide for someone to overclock their computer, I'm not going to simply say experiment because they might damage their mobo or cpu. Nobody loses an item of value because they can't set it up. Nobody is going to die because they didn't take their medicine correctly or do a procedure exact as is.

The worst thing someone can do by not having their hand held is not cheat in a videogame. You aren't helping some great cause. I figure if people are going to cheat in a videogame that damn well better be learning at the same time. Learning to problem solve, learning new skills, learning to learn. Guides like these are NOT a good thing in the grand scheme of things.

In the age of the internet people are getting so incredibly used to instant information, we expect one line wikipedia answers from the first google search and less and less people read. A lot of people who see my post are just going to see a lot of text and never even get to this point. These are the kind of people who are helpless, they open the auto-it script and see so much they get overwhelmed and just mentally shut down. They don't realize 80% of it is functions written by other people and editing the routine is probably anywhere from 15 to 35 lines of code if you are only editing the walk & kill routine.
    So don't make it easier. Make people learn, make people search for the information, make them learn how to figure this shit out. Etc, etc, etc. And when they have tried and can prove that they put real effort in to getting it to work, nudge them in the right direction.

Someone who says,

"helpc cant' ger to work hly ****ing soone plazse halp me cznt get work teleport home OMG SOME HELP ME JEZUCHRIST"

does not deserve help from anyone. They can't even finish a full sentence without looking like a complete idiot. The code of script requires precise variables. Installing the script requires precise locations. If a person can't even finish a sentence without 30 typos, they don't the attention to detail or the ability to follow and learn syntax that is required for not only helping themselves in auto-it but many other places in life. Even with absolutely no imagination, critical thinking skills, or creativity, above all else these people NEED help, because they will barely be able to make a good hamburger or click precise buttons on their assembly line job...

Chancity has done awesome work on his wizard bot, and if you join his vent he is an awesome and helpful guy. He works to perfect the timings, and he incorporates and improves the best of everyone's contributions from all the class scripts. I have to be honest though, I hate the fact that he has created an auto-installer that does essentially everything automatically for everyone. Even the checks built in to it to stop people when they haven't entered their DPS means that reading the instructions is now irrelevant, because the script will simply stop you if you don't follow them.

------------

I don't want to label this TLDR, but in a way it kind of is. In my opinion even a video game bot is a valuable learning experience. What a person should do when they contribute public information is present their discoveries in a way that other people can make good use of them. I knew VMware could be invaluable for the botting community, and many people simply didn't know it existed, so I wanted to show people an alternative way to solve problems. What I didn't want to do was hold peoples' hands and do everything for them like they are a child. This is why spoiled children of the wealthy don't know how to do anything. No reason to learn anything when they've had everything done for them. Even this bot is an opportunity for learning, so help them do it. Along the way they are going to pick up a host of good information, and its going to help them, YES EVEN IN A REAL LIFE

End of Rant.
    Last edited by LATM; 07-03-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi LATM,

Thank you for the feedback and I read all of it. I can summarize my thoughts, I agree with you on some points that you have different perspective i.e. let's agree to disagree.

To expand more, like I said, I agree that teaching how to fish is better than giving the fish. In your opinion, I am doing the latter (giving the fish), however, in my opinion, I am teaching how to fish, but in a way that I hope to be clear and understandable.

Teaching a kid how to write, must be done with guide, a very simple guide, that kids can follow thru. Now, I am not saying the users of the script are kids, but just like everyone else, sometimes there are users who start totally clueless, but there are others who picks up very fast.

For the totally clueless, they can use this guide. For the advanced, what I have is just lengthy guide that accomplishes lesser than advance guides.

Just like learning how to swim is dangerous. Would it be easier, and safer, if someone helps how to swim? Or is it safer that the learner just jumps in, let his/her problem solving skill kicks in and do everything on his own? I personally know, because, my brother throws me in the swimming pool and I learned how to swim that way. But for my friends, I recommended them to swimming instructors.

Same for biking.

Same for even, say, programming. Some people can easily pick things up on their own, while many others have to attend formal class just to learn how to properly construct an If, Then, Else statement.

So I agree with you, there are different ways to teach, lead, or in this case, make guides.
    Last edited by AndrielMarie; 07-03-2012 at 12:53 PM.

stealthingyew's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by AndrielMarie View Post
    Hi LATM,

Thank you for the feedback and I read all of it. I can summarize my thoughts, I agree with you on some points that you have different perspective i.e. let's agree to disagree.

To expand more, like I said, I agree that teaching how to fish is better than giving the fish. In your opinion, I am doing the latter (giving the fish), however, in my opinion, I am teaching how to fish, but in a way that I hope to be clear and understandable.

Teaching a kid how to write, must be done with guide, a very simple guide, that kids can follow thru. Now, I am not saying the users of the script are kids, but just like everyone else, sometimes there are users who start totally clueless, but there are others who picks up very fast.

For the totally clueless, they can use this guide. For the advanced, what I have is just lengthy guide that accomplishes lesser than advance guides.

Just like learning how to swim is dangerous. Would it be easier, and safer, if someone helps how to swim? Or is it safer that the learner just jumps in, let his/her problem solving skill kicks in and do everything on his own? I personally know, because, my brother throws me in the swimming pool and I learned how to swim that way. But for my friends, I recommended them to swimming instructors.

Same for biking.

Same for even, say, programming. Some people can easily pick things up on their own, while many others have to attend formal class just to learn how to properly construct an If, Then, Else statement.

So I agree with you, there are different ways to teach, lead, or in this case, make guides.
    some people are just lazy and don't care to take time to actually look at what needs to be done. You can look in any of the scripts posted and someone will ask something 3 more ask same exact same thing then someone will post the answer. Not even 4 posts later people are asking the same question. Not to mention the answer was listed in the original post with instructions. I agree its nice to help people but imo some people honestly dont deserve it if they cant atleast attempt to figure out whats going on and use a little common sense.

Moonwalkr's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's also a problem that's happening as more noobs come later in the game to bots, as they hear or see other people do it. I've noticed that lately it's more questions that's been asked numerous times in the past 100 pages of the thread, whereas the first 25 pages are actually useful suggestions on how to improve the bots.

stealthingyew's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Moonwalkr View Post
    There's also a problem that's happening as more noobs come later in the game to bots, as they hear or see other people do it. I've noticed that lately it's more questions that's been asked numerous times in the past 100 pages of the thread, whereas the first 25 pages are actually useful suggestions on how to improve the bots.
    Ive answered question in the notares dh post then directly after my post someone asked the same question as i just answered. That is the reason people get to where they don't want to help because people do not attempt to help solve their own problem. I usually look for people who have posted about their problems and what they have attempted to fix it to help.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. It's just the nature of people to miss things, sometimes, we just can't comprehend or understand everything instantly.

For forum post, with repeated questions that are missed, an improvement can be done. I moderate a very active PC forum and I understand that fully. However, what we do, and strive to do, is that whenever an important and helpful information is posted, that post is moved to the very first post as part of troubleshooting, FAQ, or whathaveyou. That is because we understand the nature of some viewers: some takes time to read ALL replies and FOUND the answer, others tried to READ all replies and got CONFUSED even more, and there are others who never bothers to read and just spews out question that has been answered before.

So the way we did it, for important bits, just move it to the the first page. If anyone ask the question (that is already answered), others can simply say, read the first page or don't bother to reply at all. That way, you weed out those who don't want to help themselves, help those who genuinely needs help (because hey, not everyone has the same IQ or understanding), and just over all, improve the guide or script, or whatever the topic is. It makes the document a living document, alive, evolving, interactive, and you can even say, interesting.
    Last edited by AndrielMarie; 07-03-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I edit my posts a lot, I'm using it like rough draft. Give me a few minutes after I click submit.

Originally Posted by AndrielMarie View Post
    Hi LATM,

Same for biking.

Your example is perfect. When you teach a kid to write you give him the tools he needs and teach him the syntax of how to write.

We give them auto-it, and all the requires files [the tools they need], and should show them the syntax of how to write [showing them the language]

The goals are like the rubric for the essay, this is what you are trying to create.

We don't write every line word by word for the entire essay for them.

When people post lines of their own code to the forum, which happens quite frequently, people are always more than willing to jump in and help. I've given help to people who were posting lines of their own edits and having errors.

There are many ways to learn how to write an essay, you can do it in a formal class, you can have someone explain it to you yourself, or you can read essays and learn from the great writers before you. [I'm a fan of all three]. But in none of these situations do you have someone write the essay for your one step at a time, with the only thing you have to do is click the keyboard or move your pencil. When you do this you work on handwriting and typing skills, and learn nothing about writing an essay or developing your ideas.

HOWEVER, Auto-it "coding" has something extremely cool built in to it that makes it even more awesome than writing an essay as an example.

If I write, a sentence, like, this, there is no way of knowing, if it is totally, wrong, and someone, might, still understand, what I'm trying to say.

In autoit, you change the X, Y coordinates in the firm move of the script, and you can watch the mouse move to a different location. Where a language has no ability to learn through experimentation, auto-it gives us this ability potentially makes it a learning tool of incredible power.

Originally Posted by You and I on different Wavelengths making the exact same point
    You are making the same point as me. When swimming you don't throw a baby in because they might drown and die. So you hold their hand through the learning process.

however, in auto-it, there is no way to come to physical harm. no way to miss instructions that could save a life. no way to fry your own computer by making a mistake. no way to lose money but not having the script when you already don't have one

This is why I said if I wrote an overclocking guide I would do it step-by-step, because if someone ****s up, they can ruin their computer.
    But auto-it is NOT LIKE THIS AT ALL

This makes it an ideal candiate for self teaching and experimentation
    1.) immediate feedback
    2.) not very complex, yet teaches the syntax for much more complicated applications
    3.) impossible to cause damage

------------

I am aware that being opinionated and using a lot of bold does not make me correct. I just want to explain myself to the fullest of my abilities so that you can understand my thought process 100%, and then make a fully educated decision on what you think is best, hopefully including my arguments in your decision making.
    Last edited by LATM; 07-03-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi LATM,

I agree that you have your point of view and I will not try to change it or discuss more of it. We both said our side on the matter, and I think we can both agree that there is your way, there's my way, and probably, other ways too (which could be better or worst or just the same).

Since you mentioned you wrote I guide, I went ahead to do a quick scan on the forum and found it (http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/diab...r-pc-free.html) and looks good so great job on that. My written draft is very different from yours, but different doesn't necessarily mean good or bad, just different.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A quick scan? its like 5 links below this one and the 7th most viewed in this sub-forum...

Either way. I really appreciate at the minimum that you read everything. Agree to disagree it is.

I would be willing to collaborate on a step-by-step guide that works on the principles of understanding how to experiment and learn auto-it specifically for D3 Scripts. I know you know how to set scripts up, but I have no idea if you have tried to edit them yourself yet. Perhaps if I try teaching it to you, you can see if it is a good way to teach it to everyone. Or if you already know, whatever.

Or if I come off an an insufferable **** and/or you just aren't interested, thats cool too.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I am new to this forum so I never really check any other threads except Shimizoki's script (bookmarked).

As for editing the script, yes I did edit mine to suit to my needs. But if you mean, imply, or suggest that I am not an expert on AutoIT or editing the script (and even if you didn't mean any of that), then you are correct. But my guide is mostly for beginners (and like I said in my guide, beginner LIKE ME) to set up the script and running correctly. I got mine running pretty well, never really run it for more than a couple of hours, but I guess I can try that too.

As for collaboration, thanks for the generous offer, but for now, let me say I respectfully decline it. But not to disrespect or to be mean, as I just prefer to do things my way in my own time. As I said above, if I got positive replies, then the work will continue. If not, then it will be the end of it. I don't believe in continuing to do something that doesn't help anyone.

And for the use of word "scan", I do not mean it to be in a bad way, because I never "search" for your topic. I scroll in the forum, found it is what I meant. I only bothered to look and read Shimizoki's Guide, and am not interested in other guides because, well, that's because that is what I am interested for. I understand there could be guide how to level, or farm with other class, or farm other areas, but I am interested in just Shimizoki's.
    Last edited by AndrielMarie; 07-03-2012 at 02:42 PM.

blackdodod83's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like something's totally out of control here ... or perhaps just OT.

I'll write you a PM, AndrielMarie!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast