Thanks G/R
    40/136
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[SOLVED] Dank Cellar Script(s) Custom Looting question + tips!

Hi all,

This is my first post and question to whomever can help

I've tried many of the awesome Sarkoth DH scripts here (like Not'Ares, Shimzokii's, etc) and spent hours running through the code and tweaking it to my own preference.
    I got pretty much everything working properly for the most part, expect for Custom Looting, like looting "Prosperous" affix items, etc.

I've spent a long time trying to make it work to no avail. The ImageSearch function does not seem to be detecting my images. PixelSearch works fine, just not ImageSearch!
    "Gems" and most of the "Tomes of Secrets" are looted properly for the most part, which is weird because they also use ImageSearch in their own functions, but the "Custom Looting" function does not work.

I took all the right images in the right resolution (with cropping etc); I took the pics in the cellar for a more matching background. I even tried a black image background.
    I edited all the right settings in the scripts; I included the images in the array and tried low and high tolerance.
    I tried all different formats too like png, bmp, gif, but nothing worked ... :/

Am I missing something? Any ideas please? Or can someone direct me to a script with a working custom looting function?

Thanks
    Last edited by Stormreaver; 07-10-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Auto It: Dank Cellar Script(s) Custom Looting  question!
    Stormreaver's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    40/136
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one has any advice?

Edit: Since my main problem has been the prefix/affix images not being detected, I have tested 2 more things:

1. I limited the search box to about half the original value which was the entire screen basically; instead I centered it around where the mobs die. This should make searches a bit faster and avoid wrong clicks on walls and lamp posts (legendary fakes), especially when "tolerance" is high.

2. I edited the pics in Photoshop to stress/contrast the "blue" color and increased tolerance a bit more.

So far this looks promising with some success. I will revert with more info late on, if anyone is interested that is :P.
    Last edited by Stormreaver; 07-03-2012 at 10:04 PM.

lcs555's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had multiple items in my loot custom list and found that there is a "total items" parameter that I needed to change in the ini in addition to modifying the script itself, or it would only loot the first item on my lootcustom list.
    Last edited by lcs555; 07-04-2012 at 02:50 AM.

Thanks G/R
    40/136
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lcs555 View Post
    I had multiple items in my loot custom list and found that there is a "total items" parameter that I needed to change in the ini in addition to modifying the script itself, or it would only loot the first item on my lootcustom list.
    Thank you; I already have the right number of items in the array (starting from 0 of course) :P

I think the blue color in my images is not being recognized properly, for some reason.

As I mentioned, tweaking the pics in Photoshop by increasing "brightness by 50" & "contrast by 100" seems to make the pics more detectable now. Still testing though. Also cleaning out the images by masking/removing background color seems to help as well.

If anyone has any more ideas, plz go ahead

Thanks G/R
    40/136
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDIT:

After a lot of testing and tweaking, I finally got it to work, and here is how:

PS: My screen's native resolution is 1680x1050 (16:10), but I am running a 1600x900 script (16:9). Both the desktop and the game (in Fullscreen Windowed mode) should be running the same 1600x900 resolution before next step.

<1> What I actually do is take the pics in town Act 1; right after the vendor (to the east), half-way to the gate there is a large house with a big shadow. I drop items there to take pics because the shadow acts as a nice black background for later editing! Another helpful tip is to take the image as soon as the item hits the ground to avoid the glow animation, which only starts afterwards since it has a small delay!

<2> In Photoshop, I Duplicate the background into another layer and Hide the original.

<3> In "Adjustments" panel, I apply "Brightness/Contrast". Default starts at 0 for both when you first open the image. Just increase it to the right (or use direct input) till you get +50 Brightness / +100 Contrast.

Note: My original images have a very faded blue which the script was not detecting; so what this tweaking does is stress the "blue" color a lot more. The edited images have a sharper blue than what appears in the game, but the script is able to actually read and match them, which is what I need.

<4> I create a Mask on the new, duplicated layer. With the "Pencil" tool, I clean up the picture, pixel by pixel, around the letters to leave only those letters.

Note: This is better than blackening because "masking" only hide/shows, but does not delete anything and allows you more easily to correct mistakes. If you make a mistake, simply press "X" on the keyboard or "switch background/foreground colors", and re-mask your mistake.

<5> After I am done, I save the edited pic as .png, non interlaced.

<6> In the script itself, I set the images' tolerance to 120.

These settings work for my screen/video card. Try them for yours; if that does not work, then tweak the values until you find something that works for you.

GL
    Last edited by Stormreaver; 07-10-2012 at 10:42 AM.

iantjok's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Stormreaver View Post
    EDIT:

After a lot of testing and tweaking, I finally got it to work, and here is how:

PS: My screen's native resolution is 1680x1050 (16:10), but I am running a 1600x900 script (16:9). Both the desktop and the game (in Fullscreen Windowed mode) should be running the same 1600x900 resolution before next step.

<1> What I actually do is take the pics in town Act 1; right after the vendor (to the east), half-way to the gate there is a large house with a big shadow. I drop items there to take pics because the shadow acts as a nice black background for later editing! Another helpful tip is to take the image as soon as the item hits the ground to avoid the glow animation, which only starts afterwards since it has a small delay!

couid you uploa

<2> In Photoshop, I Duplicate the background into another layer and Hide the original.

<3> In "Adjustments" panel, I apply "Brightness/Contrast". Default starts at 0 for both when you first open the image. Just increase it to the right (or use direct input) till you get +50 Brightness / +100 Contrast.

Note: My original images have a very faded blue which the script was not detecting; so what this tweaking does is stress the "blue" color a lot more. The edited images have a sharper blue than what appears in the game, but the script is able to actually read and match them, which is what I need.

<4> I create a Mask on the new, duplicated layer. With the "Pencil" tool, I clean up the picture, pixel by pixel, around the letters to leave only those letters.

Note: This is better than blackening because "masking" only hide/shows, but does not delete anything and allows you more easily to correct mistakes. If you make a mistake, simply press "X" on the keyboard or "switch background/foreground colors", and re-mask your mistake.

<5> After I am done, I save the edited pic as .png, non interlaced.

<6> In the script itself, I set the images' tolerance to 120.

These settings work for my screen/video card. Try them for yours; if that does not work, then tweak the values until you find something that works for you.

GL
    could you upload them and send them to me

Thanks G/R
    40/136
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by iantjok View Post
    could you upload them and send them to me
    Can you recommend a good and free file hosting service?

EDIT: nvm :P I went with googledocs ... just click the link, then click Menu > Download

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxU...VdrTVk4UzNMdVE

Tell me how it goes.
    Last edited by Stormreaver; 07-10-2012 at 06:39 PM.