Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guild Wars 2 launch date announced - August 28th!

Get your gaming mouse, keyboard, and headset ready as Guildwars 2 is set to launch on August 28th of this year! Players will have the opportunity to delve into the fantasy land of Tyria, where epic adventures and mysteries await! Here's a peek at some of the news, along with some epic game play videos!
    After years of anticipation, massively multiplayer online gaming fans will soon get what they've been waiting for: "Guild Wars 2."

The role-playing game from NCSoft and ArenaNet officially launches on August 28, Mike O’Brien, the game's executive producer, announced via his blog Thursday.

"These are exciting times," he wrote. "We’re on the cusp of a new era in online role-playing games."

Anticipation for the game -- which takes place in the fantasy world of Tyria -- is extremely high. Twitter lit up with news of the launch when it hit Thursday morning with Guild Wars 2 and #GW2iscoming among the top trending topics (right after #Obamacare and #SCOTUS)

Developers have been working on "Guild Wars 2" since 2007. O'Brien says they set out to make it "a living breathing online world that challenges convention, that’s designed for fun instead of grind, and that brings social interaction to a new level in an online world."

You can check out the "Guild Wars 2" manifesto here. Meanwhile, to celebrate the launch date reveal, ArenaNet released a new trailer for the game. Check it out below:

"Now that we’re just two months away from launch, we’ll spend our remaining time optimizing, polishing, and balancing the game, to ensure that we provide you with the best launch-day experience we possibly can," O'Brien wrote, also revealing that a final Beta Weekend Event is planned for July 20 to 22.

In-Game editor Todd Kenreck has had an early look at the game and has good things to report. Check out his video preview below:
    http://video.msnbc.msn.com/in-game/47197110#47197110
    Source: 'Guild Wars 2' opens the door to Tyria in August - Ingame on msnbc.com

For me, this is simply amazing! I've been looking for something to do in my spare time other than WoW and Diablo III, and GW2 seems like a really cool alternative!
    Based on videos/gameplay footage you've seen so far, are you excited?
    Will you be buying it in August, when it comes out?
    What would you rate it, just by the videos you've seen?

As always, I love to hear your comments, so leave them down below!
    -phantom325
    Last edited by phantom325; 06-30-2012 at 01:57 AM.

Guild Wars 2 launch date announced - August 28th!
    Honor777's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    34/26
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figured the game would be overhyped and the vids were just of all the best parts of the game. When I play the Beta though I quickly realized I was wrong and may actually have a wow-killer. The quests are great, and the combat is different. They did a great job with the design and very much looking forward to this being my main mmo until elder scrolls online comes out.

Itazuki's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been waiting for the game since 2007, glad that my walls are white so that they don't look as suspicious after the release.

Been in all the BWE Betas & Stress tests till now, the only thing i had a problem with was the PvP balance issues which by the way, are their main concern for the next two months.
    Hope to see some of you Ownedcore members in the next BWE and ofcourse, in the launch

Elpuri's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't Wait to play this game.
    You guys think this game is going to be better than Diablo? Just looking for person opinions. Thx

serialkillerz's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think? I know its gonna be better than diablo

Goblin21's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im so waiting this game

andywhite's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome game i love it

tanweizhi's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i want to try on this game :P

Daedalus_95's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I managed to play the beta a while ago and it's pretty good, I think I'll be getting this game.
    And, it can't really be compared to Diablo 3, they're 2 different types of games

GW2yoyo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The beta weekends have been pure crack injections. I cant wait to the game releases and we can play imo the best mmo available in 2012.