Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats your opinion about : Arma 2, Dayz mod?

In my opinion, its pretty cool, but since its only in "Alpha", it still got loads of bugs, and other random stuff happening.

Ive bought Arma 2 and such last night, and started to play, i find it very exciting, running around in a world. There is so damn big, so it takes pretty long time to come from A to B. Also, playing on a server with around 50 people, and while i was playing i was so lucky to find 2 people. one of the guys i found, got an axe to the face, he was bleeding, and i was like hell ya, an easy target.. after i killed him i walked around for almost 2 hours, without seeing another player. Then i found this dude and ran after him for almost 5-10 mins, before he stopped, and said he had to logout. lol...

This game is just so awesome!!

And if someone of you is playing it, post, and lets find out if we can play together :-D Making that epic gang of survivors!
    Last edited by Lass3-; 06-28-2012 at 08:08 AM.

Whats your opinion about : Arma 2, Dayz mod?
    Disavowed12's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking of picking this up to tonight, looks like good fun but I expect it's even better in groups.

Lass3-'s Avatar Knight-Captain
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell yeah, its so much more fun, when playing with like 4-5 people! if you get the game, pm me, and we can play together

Valador's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im playing this at the moment. One moment I have all survival gear, boat, and a van, next minute I dont have shit due to either 1 person claiming to be a friendly or some lucky bastard that catches me scrounging for ammo somewhere. I would love to team up with people, Hold a camp, get some tents to save our shit etc. Hit me up on steam valador8869 or skype andrew-sxc

Disavowed12's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did get it and it's surprisingly harder that I thought it would be. My steam is propane12 if anyone fancies playing (although I'm mainly on wow but I do this to break my gaming up a bit)

Lass3-'s Avatar Knight-Captain
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll add you later, then we can figure something out

Dreamy's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    4/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've picked this up just yesterday and I have to say the game is quite cool, tho I don't like they removed it so that you do not have a handgun at the start of the game Most of the time I'm crawling around trying to find a weapon for hours... tho at night its much more fun to play, I looted about 5 dead survivalists who all had some crazy stuff on them. And at night zombies are less able to find you.

There are some fun factors in the game, like yesterday I was laying down in the grass waiting for my moment to crawl in and there it game... a survivalist on a motherfreaking bike! Seriously I laughed my ass off.

trendkilla254's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey I picked up dayz, load times are ****ing hoooorrrrrrriiiiiiibbbbblllllllleeeeeee

Other than that its cool.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

biervertrieb's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    playing this game for a while now.

it can be quite challenging to scavenge your first equipment and meet up with comrades.
    the further you progress with gear and experience zombies wont be your problem and it turns into PvP action.
    if you ever get to top tier loot it all gets down to hunting players in a sniper/spotter squad.

Remus3's Avatar Hobby 3D Character Artist Ex-Super Mod CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    load times can be bad when its a high population server as the hive is being hammered from that server for information.
    its FAR better than a while back from reading up on it- 40minutes easily to get into a server. its now roughly 5 minutes max before i say fk it to the random server and go back to my server where i load in -game within 45 seconds.

Originally Posted by biervertrieb View Post
    playing this game for a while now.

it can be quite challenging to scavenge your first equipment and meet up with comrades.
    the further you progress with gear and experience zombies wont be your problem and it turns into PvP action.
    if you ever get to top tier loot it all gets down to hunting players in a sniper/spotter squad.
    it took a while to get to the point i am now;
    multiple military guns with ammo, tents in the middle of nowhere so if i die i can either loot my body or resupply and kill the fkr that got me.
    1 offroad truck, a motorbike, a bicycle.
    multiple dmr, as50, fal night/thermal, fal normal, m4 cco sd, m4 cco normal, m9sd, full utility gearing, ghillie and camo, medical supplies, and ofc ... a buddy- if we didn't have each other it would have gotten boring but also a lot harder.

avoiding duping as we did a stint of it but the game became really dry when you dont go foraging for shit anymore- the thrill of combat occurs when you have shit to lose while looking for more shit. its like a moving game of chess in terms of do you go to the sites where the "king" was spotted to get better/rarer gear and how do you go and find the pawns & knights to kill who may have said gear.. zombies become only a hindrance once you get silenced weapons- when we didnt we had to go around with our axe out and main gun in back for quick swap.

the game changes dramatically ie: first few hours you need to find food and water and an axe (crowbar sucks), then weapons if you can and get the fk out of town and go to military sites... you encounter into humans and feel the hate beaming at you for your possible good gear.

once you get decent gearing you swap to vehicles so you can move around faster . its all about in and fkn out asap. you dont just go to a heli site and run in... you sit there waiting on anyone else being naive or any movement so you take the guys out who would otherwise get you. this is survival- not COD.

once having good gear you change from vehicle hunting to player hunting and heli crash site hunting + searching for hte mighty huey chopper. zombies are a null factor when you get silenced weaponry (bizon, m9sd, etc)

from time to time i gather up m249 ammo and run naked into town and mow down zombies from the school house for giggles in raking up my zombie kill score and sniping to see how high i can get my murder count. over my lives now im easily @ 30 murders- my heart beats so fast its scary.ive killed close to 1k zombies- all in ~2 weeks of playing. at a point in time (as i left the crew) i was in a 20 man clan... the leader was a dick but thats a stupid drama story-

i procured 6 vehicles for the clan and 2 svd camo's i did not keep, as well as sexy as50 ammo among a fair amount of other goodies from crash sites (rarest ive picked up was the m4a1 grenade launcher assault rifle- i should have taken that with me.. not even a thank you when i gave it to the guy.. fkn douchebag.)
    Last edited by Remus3; 08-06-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Think before you post. You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.