Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GetAttribute for Durability of items not working?

The attribute index is magical but not always working. I tried to grab the durability of an item from GetAttributeFloat and GetAttributeInt but always got -1. BTW, my implementation of GetAttribute is tested OK because I can already grab my health point and a lot of other stuffs.

There seems to be 3 very informative indices:

Code:
    Durability_Cur = 0x124,	// float
    Durability_Max = 0x125,	// float
    Durability_Last_Damage = 0x126,	// float
    However, none of them seems to be the right one. Anyone can give some hints? Thanks in advance.

Update:
    It looks like if the item is equipped, all the attribute values fail whilst they behave normal when on the ground.

Update2:
    Another found is made: the actors include only the ground items and equipped items (slots?) which do not have a valid ACD GUID (0xFFFFFFFF). Also traversing ACDs will only produce fixed 13 "basic" items no matter whether there is an item equipped or not. And the items in the bagpack seem hidden from both Actors and ACDs.
    Need a way to find out the items in inventory.
    Last edited by zys924; 06-27-2012 at 02:35 AM.

GetAttribute for Durability of items not working?
    KOS0937's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zys924 View Post
    Another found is made: the actors include only the ground items and equipped items (slots?) which do not have a valid ACD GUID (0xFFFFFFFF). Also traversing ACDs will only produce fixed 13 "basic" items no matter whether there is an item equipped or not. And the items in the bagpack seem hidden from both Actors and ACDs.
    Need a way to find out the items in inventory.
    Your iteration of ACDs is faulty.
    Actors are all those things that are being rendered in 3d. Eg items on the ground - not those in your inventory.
    The items in your inventory will still be in the list of all ACDs though (with container id 0 for backpack).

I have not checked for durability (or any item stats) so far - but it sounds like you dont even have the right attributeIds yet (items on the ground prob. have a default durability of -1 and when they are in the inventory you have not been able to find them?). Find them and post again if it still wont work.

TKG's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zys924 View Post
    BTW, my implementation of GetAttribute is tested OK because I can already grab my health point and a lot of other stuffs
    Guessing from this sentence that you don't call GetFloat directly , but implemented your own OOP version of GetFloat.

Just because this might work in 90% of the cases , its not at all 'tested OK'. GetFloat is not straightforward, but has some builtin quirks for special cases. Reverse GetFloat and match your code completely.

As for your other problem: ACD's have fields telling you exactly if and where an item is equipped/in Stash/in Inventory or none of those.
    Last edited by TKG; 06-27-2012 at 05:46 PM.