0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone banned yet for using macro?

Wanted to ask if anyone gotten banned for using either Autoit or Macro Recorder yet.

Anyone banned yet for using macro?
    OHNaGe's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been doing ZK runs for a solid 48 hours and have had no issues.

bimbim91's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using Dank Cellar AutoIT bot for 2-3 days and for 7-8 hr/day mostly at times when I wanna do something else rather than farming my life away. So far no problems.

rannox's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would try and stay away from common scripts, as they would be the easiest for blizzard to add to their scans. But in general you should be pretty safe using a macro.

Tomed's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many people have been banned for botting the AH with AHK and AutoIt. It's extremely unlikely they're scanning for these programs but instead are tracking suspect behavior.

dspirit's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what if you did a bot that lasted only 8 hours but later play the game normally. Is there a possibility of getting caught?

Lass3-'s Avatar Knight-Captain
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dspirit View Post
    what if you did a bot that lasted only 8 hours but later play the game normally. Is there a possibility of getting caught?
    There is always a risk of getting "Caught" even if you only used the bot for 1 hour.

dspirit's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Intetet View Post
    There is always a risk of getting "Caught" even if you only used the bot for 1 hour.
    ok thanks for the reply

TheBartender's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Intetet View Post
    It's pretty obvious that there's "always" a chance. I mean, seriously, is that how members are suggested to answer eachother on this forum? I hope not.

Basically, you know what he was saying and as do the rest of us. Here's a better answer, though, (sorry If I'm coming off as an ass but I mean..c'mon what you said to him just had me go "hurr durr no shit" :/ )

Yes there's a chance that you'll get caught, but because these macros are being built more and more with "random" and "rounded random" etc coords and sleep intervals, it's becoming harder for them to track basic patterns. My advice, though, is stay away from the AH bots unless you have a bot that can do other things, like Hero switch, resume game, and exit back to the character screen and re-begin the AH, every random few minutes or so. That would work at throwing off Bnet and make them think you're actually logged in, doing your thing as a human being.

That being said, I'd like to mention the obvious and already well-known, Warden. We are (I hope) all aware of the fact that Warden is already inside Diablo 3 and it's only a matter of time before they find a way to screenshot or code watch or etc that they do with WoW. So you should personalize scripts, programs, etc as much as you can (personalizing a program is to find the source code, and recompile the script yourself with different function names, handlers, and etc. A good example is to google making an undetectable Cheat Engine, as that program has been personalized by many a hundred or even thousand times over).

Furthermore, I'd like to mention that as long as there are actions being taken to secure and prevent, there will be those with the persistence, knowledge and the ability to bypass or work through or alongside the security measurements in order to continue to gain the upper-hand in a world Far beyond what the average 'gamer' sees.
    Last edited by TheBartender; 06-26-2012 at 05:45 AM.

dspirit's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TheBartender View Post
    It's pretty obvious that there's "always" a chance. I mean, seriously, is that how members are suggested to answer eachother on this forum? I hope not.

Basically, you know what he was saying and as do the rest of us. Here's a better answer, though, (sorry If I'm coming off as an ass but I mean..c'mon what you said to him just had me go "hurr durr no shit" :/ )

Yes there's a chance that you'll get caught, but because these macros are being built more and more with "random" and "rounded random" etc coords and sleep intervals, it's becoming harder for them to track basic patterns. My advice, though, is stay away from the AH bots unless you have a bot that can do other things, like Hero switch, resume game, and exit back to the character screen and re-begin the AH, every random few minutes or so. That would work at throwing off Bnet and make them think you're actually logged in, doing your thing as a human being.

That being said, I'd like to mention the obvious and already well-known, Warden. We are (I hope) all aware of the fact that Warden is already inside Diablo 3 and it's only a matter of time before they find a way to screenshot or code watch or etc that they do with WoW. So you should personalize scripts, programs, etc as much as you can (personalizing a program is to find the source code, and recompile the script yourself with different function names, handlers, and etc. A good example is to google making an undetectable Cheat Engine, as that program has been personalized by many a hundred or even thousand times over).

Furthermore, I'd like to mention that as long as there are actions being taken to secure and prevent, there will be those with the persistence, knowledge and the ability to bypass or work through or alongside the security measurements in order to continue to gain the upper-hand in a world Far beyond what the average 'gamer' sees.
    wow thats very informative, i am still a beginner at this so may i ask what is "Warden"? and may i ask if i am able to avoid being ban by the next ban wave, does that mean i am safe as long as i don't bot or start botting smartly?

MMOtoaster's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by rannox View Post
    I would try and stay away from common scripts, as they would be the easiest for blizzard to add to their scans. But in general you should be pretty safe using a macro.
    I wouldn't say this is the case, since most of the good AutoIT scripts out there has some random variables added to them, such as clicking random pixels within a specific area, and it's easy to add random sleep times to a script. I wouldn't say the "common" AutoIT scripts are the ones being scanned, and that is IF they even scan for this type of scripts. The only thing that comes to mind is that they scan time online, 12h+ sessions etc, not patterns in mouseclicking etc.

EDIT: This goes for farmingscripts(e.g sarkoth), not AH bots.

dspirit's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, if thats the case. Its very hard to proof whether you are botting because there are alot of people playing this game over 12 hours legit. But if your theory is right, macros will be safer than programs that hooks onto the game