0/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interested in buying a Desktop..

What are some good places to get a nice PC. I'm looking to spead around 300-500$.

But I want a good one, pretty much for playing wow but probably some other games too. And maybe editing videos too.

I know Newegg.com - Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, HDTVs, Digital Cameras and More! is a good website, i'm probably going to get it from there.

So yeah, what are some nice computers?

These are what im thinking:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883157019

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883157344
    Last edited by RyeRye; 06-18-2012 at 01:30 AM.

Interested in buying a Desktop..
    Liis's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there

Cant really give you any specific place to look, since I assume that you're US. But for gaming and video editing, you'd want something with a good graphiccard and possibly 2 cores (for the pricerange you've mentioned)
    So start with searching for anything with a decent dedicated graphiccard.

(In that pricerange, Newegg.com - Refurbished: HP Pavilion P6717C (BV581AAR#ABA) Desktop PC Athlon II X4 640(3.0GHz) 5GB DDR3 750GB HDD Capacity ATI Radeon HD 4200 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit doesnt look too bad)

RyeRye's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Liis View Post
    Hi there

Cant really give you any specific place to look, since I assume that you're US. But for gaming and video editing, you'd want something with a good graphiccard and possibly 2 cores (for the pricerange you've mentioned)
    So start with searching for anything with a decent dedicated graphiccard.

(In that pricerange, Newegg.com - Refurbished: HP Pavilion P6717C (BV581AAR#ABA) Desktop PC Athlon II X4 640(3.0GHz) 5GB DDR3 750GB HDD Capacity ATI Radeon HD 4200 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit doesnt look too bad)
    Looks good dude, btw, idk if 750gb would be enough space. I was thinking somewhere around 1tb. And check the links I posted on my topic, and tell me what you think!

sssniper86's Avatar Active Member
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RyeRye
    It is purely my biased opinion (wasn't a fan of AMD since their overheating days few years ago, not sure how are they now, I heard they took care of it), but I would go with the second link that you've posted. It might turn out a bit more than 500$ with getting good GeForce card, but it would be worth it. Of course it depends on what games you are playing besides WoW, but I've encountered more games made with Nvidia in mind than ATI, like those amazing Batman: AA, AC.
    As for HDD space you could always get more if you need it with external and/or SSD for fast loading times.

Smoogels's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, but for that price range you wont be getting a decent computer that play games. Both the ones you linked can run WoW but it wouldent be very good.

The first one you linked has a ATI Radeon HD 4200, which is integrated graphics. Sadly, it cannot handle much.
    The second one I cannot see a graphics card (i hate the new egg site )

You would be better off getting parts (maybe even second hand) to build a decent computer.
    For your price range you can get just about a:

Intel Pentium G620 2.60GHz (You can probually squeeze a i3 on, hardware is expensive in the UK)
    ATI HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
    Gigabyte H61MA-D2V Intel H61 (might be able to get a z77 where you are)
    Corsair Vengeance Blue Low Profile 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz
    BitFenix Merc Alpha Gaming Case
    OCZ ZS Series 550W
    Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB (ebay has good prices for HDDs, worth a look)
    Samsung DVD RW

This comes a little over your $500 budget when converted from £ to $. Hardware is normally cheaper in America than it is here in the UK so maybe you can get more for your money. Games will run better on this system than the pre builts. Much better

Oh and lastly: don't be afraid of this Pentium! It's a very strong CPU considering its price range. It can handle a lot of games without bottlenecking your GPU (with expection of Skyrim, BF3 etc). Games are not really CPU dependent I do recommend though grabbing a i3 if you can.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sssniper86 View Post
    RyeRye
    It is purely my biased opinion (wasn't a fan of AMD since their overheating days few years ago, not sure how are they now, I heard they took care of it), but I would go with the second link that you've posted. It might turn out a bit more than 500$ with getting good GeForce card, but it would be worth it. Of course it depends on what games you are playing besides WoW, but I've encountered more games made with Nvidia in mind than ATI, like those amazing Batman: AA, AC.
    As for HDD space you could always get more if you need it with external and/or SSD for fast loading times.
    Originally Posted by Smoogels View Post
    Sorry, but for that price range you wont be getting a decent computer that play games. Both the ones you linked can run WoW but it wouldent be very good.

The first one you linked has a ATI Radeon HD 4200, which is integrated graphics. Sadly, it cannot handle much.
    The second one I cannot see a graphics card (i hate the new egg site )

You would be better off getting parts (maybe even second hand) to build a decent computer.
    For your price range you can get just about a:

Intel Pentium G620 2.60GHz (You can probually squeeze a i3 on, hardware is expensive in the UK)
    ATI HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
    Gigabyte H61MA-D2V Intel H61 (might be able to get a z77 where you are)
    Corsair Vengeance Blue Low Profile 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz
    BitFenix Merc Alpha Gaming Case
    OCZ ZS Series 550W
    Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB (ebay has good prices for HDDs, worth a look)
    Samsung DVD RW

This comes a little over your $500 budget when converted from £ to $. Hardware is normally cheaper in America than it is here in the UK so maybe you can get more for your money. Games will run better on this system than the pre builts. Much better

Oh and lastly: don't be afraid of this Pentium! It's a very strong CPU considering its price range. It can handle a lot of games without bottlenecking your GPU (with expection of Skyrim, BF3 etc). Games are not really CPU dependent I do recommend though grabbing a i3 if you can.

I guess ill spend around $500, that wouldn't be a bad range, somewhere around $500.. I don't know much about computers except about RAM, and space. So I have no idea about any of that. But yeah i'm pretty much just going to be playing WoW, and recording and editing my gameplay from there.

So yeah just link me what you think. Price should be somewhere around 300-600. It really depends how much I get on my birthday I usually get around 400-500, but I just got a job too, so I should make around 250$ before my birthday which is June 30th. But still gotta use money on gas which is all pretty much and thats like $70 a week, so we'll see so just link me whatever guys.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by RyeRye View Post
    I guess ill spend around $500, that wouldn't be a bad range, somewhere around $500.. I don't know much about computers except about RAM, and space. So I have no idea about any of that. But yeah i'm pretty much just going to be playing WoW, and recording and editing my gameplay from there.

So yeah just link me what you think. Price should be somewhere around 300-600. It really depends how much I get on my birthday I usually get around 400-500, but I just got a job too, so I should make around 250$ before my birthday which is June 30th. But still gotta use money on gas which is all pretty much and thats like $70 a week, so we'll see so just link me whatever guys.
    I was suggesting you to build your own. The prebuilts in that price range often don't have a graphics card so gameplay is going to totally suck even on wow...

Hunt around on Newegg to find computer parts to build with. If your not sure what goes together with what you could look for the parts I suggested, as it all is compatible. If you are not sure how to build it Newegg even has a guide on how to do everything step by step.
    Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 2 - The Build - YouTube

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Smoogels View Post
    I was suggesting you to build your own. The prebuilts in that price range often don't have a graphics card so gameplay is going to totally suck even on wow...

Hunt around on Newegg to find computer parts to build with. If your not sure what goes together with what you could look for the parts I suggested, as it all is compatible. If you are not sure how to build it Newegg even has a guide on how to do everything step by step.
    Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 2 - The Build - YouTube
    I really don't want to build my own computer. Couldn't I just get a computer from NewEgg and switch the graphics card?

EDIT: Im not really sure what I want to do, I thought building a computer would be hard. But it looks easy! How much cheaper is building a computer compared to actually buying one? Also, when I build a computer will all the parts look the same as the ones in the video? Idk. I don't want to end up buying stuff to build a computer then when I go to build it it's completely different.

I'd much rather buy one instead of building one though.

EDIT EDIT: I think im just going to buy this, read the reviews, seems really good..
    http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-x51/pd.aspx

What do you think about it?
    Last edited by RyeRye; 06-20-2012 at 12:20 AM.

Zakanator's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    113 (99%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Zakanator; 06-20-2012 at 06:07 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The graphic card in the lowest priced alienware is pretty bad for its price. It can run things like wow but in terms of better games it wont compete so well with other cards in that price range.

All parts you buy look very similar to that of the video. And even if you do get confused there are tons of other videos showing you how to build as well as many text guides. It would be very hard to get lost. The Newegg one pretty much holds your hand all the way through.

You could just switch the graphics card from a prebuilt. However, you have to be really careful if the powersupply can handle it.Prebuilts often only have power supplies with little room for upgrade and since they use integrated graphics (most in that price range), it may not even have enough power for it.
    But yeah, much better if you build. Costs less and you get more for your money.

Edit: If you really don't want to build your own computer you can have a look at cyberpowerpc.com who build custom builds and sell them. They offer better value for money, for gaming PCs than others. However, if you built it yourself it would come a bit cheaper.
    Last edited by Smoogels; 06-20-2012 at 02:51 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really do appreciate all your guys's comments and for helping me, and thanks for the website Smoogels, looks nice on there!

Anyways what do you guys think about the Cyber Z77?
    Gaming PC Configurator

ayeyoh's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ebay might help you a lot