0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Virgin Botter

Never botted before in any game. I always stayed legit and raged on botters and cried all day about how they botted and ruined my game.

RMAH = **** that mind set about botting.

Been selling my D3 gold (without botting) but now the price has tanked too much to farm the gold legit.

So today I am taking my gold selling profits and getting a fresh D3 copy and attempting my first botting experience.

What I need to know is:

1) I dont want to level up, and the bots I see dont seem to level up, they only farm specific spots for gold.
    What bot will level up for me? I am not leveling to 60 before I turn on the bot to farm. That bitch better level to 60 for me.

2) Risk to 'legit' accounts.
    Is there much risk to other legit accounts running in the same household?

Virgin Botter
    Assistend's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Nop. But people are working on profiles for that,
    You could level yourself in like 8~ hours with belial runs (Pay 6-12k per run - which you will make back from questreward/vendor loot )

2) No, they can't tell if its the same person. And if it would end up banned, call customer service and get it unbanned (considering you did not interact at all with the botted account) they will investigate and unban it as it did not violate the tos.

nullpointer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I as well am a "virgin botter" and have yet to start. I know I already missed the money train, so at this point I am considering either to bot for personal use or to sell items on the RMAH. I will pick up a second D3 account to bot with, and I have always wondered the same as question 2 that Pandasticks mentioned ("Risk to 'legit' accounts").

So my story starts from about a week or so ago when I was considering botting. I first set up a Virtual Machine running Windows 7 (using VMware) and was going to pay for a VPN and buy a key from a 3rd party to hide my identity. The plan was to bot for profit, and by doing so I wanted to mitigate the risk of being identified as much as possible. I researched the various bots, and being a paranoid individual that I am I figured I would wait for DemonBuddy. Now that DemonBuddy has been released, and watching some streams of it in action, I question the current state of the bot but at the same time I have no problem paying for a lifetime single session right now to both support the developers for future enhancements and to also take advantage of the current promotion (33% off). I have some expendable income so spending the money is of no concern. Like I said, I am a "virgin botter" and I have never used any of their other products before but from what I have read they seem to be a company worth supporting (in my opinion). Please note that I am not asking for a comparison of bots or anything, or anyone's opinion on DemonBuddy, because honestly from my research I will pick DemonBuddy based on what I have read and the companies reputation (plus my paranoia).

Now that the money train has left the station I am not that worried about hiding my real identity, and if I wanted to sell on the RMAH I would need to use my real identity anyways, so why bother running in a VM over a VPN and buying from a third party. But now I have been thinking, would it be a better idea to still try to hide my real identity to bot, and then just transfer the items I farm over to my main to sell on the RMAH? I figure they (Blizzard) would be able to link the two accounts together just from trading so really would I just be wasting money trying to "hide" my identity when they could easily be identified by trades? I know no one can answer that for sure, but common sense and knowledge of technology would indicate yes they can track such things, so why even bother trying to hide it. Just seems like a waste of money to me.

So my current plan is just to create a second account, all under my real information, and either play around with DemonBuddy now or just wait for updates and enhancements and go from there. At first I was going to bot on Hardcore and sell gold, but now I am thinking about botting for items on Normal and listing on the RMAH while at the same time sending any extra gold and what not to my main to "enhance" my personal game play. Like I mentioned in the previous paragraph, if I bot on a "private" account and trade to my main, I can be identified, so why not just make the bot under my real information and just sell on that. I know this all relies on DemonBuddy's Warden "protection" and yes I fully understand botting is not risk-free and I can be banned at any time, and I assume using my real information on a botting account will link me to my main so both will probably end up banned. I am wondering though, seeing as I am a "virgin botter", does this seem like a stupid way to do this? Would anyone recommend a different approach? I have tried my best to research as much as I can, I see people talk about VPN's and some say it is a good idea and others say it is a waste of money. I have seen discussions on running multiple copies over a Virtual Machine and then have others question why even bother doing so. Again I understand there is no definite answer, I am just asking for opinions. Since I have no personal friends that are involved in this kind of activity I am reaching out to this community just to get some opinions.

I understand that this is someone else's thread but I feel that what I said above would probably also help that person out too, or at least any replies I receive would be of interest to that person since we both seem to be in the same position and are wondering similar things. I appreciate any constructive replies.

tl;dr: if this was too long for you to read please do not reply. Perhaps the alcohol in me caused me to type a lot, but I would appreciate it if you would take the minute or two to read what I wrote before replying.