6/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wizard - Hydra tip/exploit

Found this out after a bit of testing doing pony runs w/ high magic find. If this is a repost sorry

If you cast hydra while wearing your max dps gear, then switch gear to max MF gear, the hydra's retain the dps amount from the gear they were originally cast in.

This allows you to not worry about the stats on your magic find as a wizard. Very good for getting mobs to ~100k then casting poison hydra and running around the hydra. Also for the pony run glitch to save time rather than hitting for 2k in inferno.

Enjoy
    Z

Wizard - Hydra tip/exploit
    tsoul's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the hydra retains your original dps, but it also retains the original mf. You need to change to mf gear and recast new hydra (or make killing blow w/ new spell) for your new mf to count.

StefanSon's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    still hydra will only stay for 15 sec, right?

roflcopter666's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add another little hydra trick to this thread, if you recast Hydra against a reflect pack, the damage puddles from your original hydra will stop reflecting damage to you. It is especially nice against packs you can get stuck (Whimsyshire Tree, etc.) or attack from a high ledge (On the way to Azmodan).

Same concept, but I didn't realize that about swapping to MF gear. Thanks, Zestro.

Edit: Funny enough, I guess the reflect trick was posted 3 hours ago in a different thread. My bad! Still nice to have all 3 hydra tricks/bugs/whatever in one thread though, I guess.
    Last edited by roflcopter666; 06-13-2012 at 07:50 AM.

hbm5006's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just one MORE hydra tip: Re-casting hydra counts as killing THREE mobs, and when you do this your "life on kill" is given to you, THREE times.

So, re-use hydra, be healed for 3 times your current life on kill stat.

delyus's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can also bug mobs with hydra and kill groups LoS without they even attack you (doing this with soul rippers since quite a time, if they are rare/elite), just put hydra on max range in the left upper corner (otherwise they will add) at the furthest point, mobs wont add and hydra will attack them, loot gg
    Wizard - Hydra tip/exploit-qh6gy-jpg

like that ^
    Last edited by delyus; 06-13-2012 at 08:12 AM.
    In 20-30 years, one of the hardest things our children will have to do is finding a screen name that hasn't already been taken.

Icelancelot's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by delyus View Post
    you can also bug mobs with hydra and kill groups LoS without they even attack you (doing this with soul rippers since quite a time, if they are rare/elite), just put hydra on max range in the left upper corner (otherwise they will add) at the furthest point, mobs wont add and hydra will attack them, loot gg
    Wizard - Hydra tip/exploit-qh6gy-jpg

like that ^
    How do you cast your Hydra when there is an object/wall in LoS? When I do it, the game just recasts hydra right in front of me. Do you have to be in LOS first and then move out before it attacks?

delyus's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    depends, sometimes you can, as weird as it is, cast it behind a wall, sometimes not. if not, just try to step back a bit, cast hydra as far away as possible and hide behind a pillar/wall. they wont attack you in the most cases, was kinda "hard" to find the point where i can cast hydra without them attacking me, but it is 100% possible and reproducable. its just kinda hard in the first tries, + its not possible in every case, as the mobs arent always in that spot. hope it helps anyways as its pretty gamebreaking against soul ripper groups as wizard (they are ****ing impossible as rare/elite group lold @ fast/vortex/teleport/shielding)
    Last edited by delyus; 06-13-2012 at 08:54 AM.
    In 20-30 years, one of the hardest things our children will have to do is finding a screen name that hasn't already been taken.

JoseyWales's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant get the hydra to work w/o aggro because the hydra won't even start attacking until I'm in range and at a point where the creeps will aggro to me once attacked..

Cyd0's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by tsoul View Post
    Yes, the hydra retains your original dps, but it also retains the original mf. You need to change to mf gear and recast new hydra (or make killing blow w/ new spell) for your new mf to count.
    is it true ?