0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buddywing versus Maestro

Is anyone using one of these two products? Care to share your opinions?

I know Apoc is a solid developer and his involvement in Buddywing is surely a good thing. The Maestro marketing looks interesting and they might have a solid product. I've got about 30 days before my sub runs out in SWTOR and I'm bored to death with it. Figure I'd give one of these two a try and see if I can get my account banned.

Please share your opinions. I'm only going to try one of these two bots (unless one of the devs wants to send me a trial). If nobody shares their opinions I'll at least let you all know what my experiences are in a couple weeks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

48-hour impressions (TLDR version)

• Maestro is a classic breadcrumb bot which is good for grinding and harvesting. It takes a lot more effort to setup but, if you are careful with your profiles, can be much safer than BuddyWing (on account of it doing less stupid shit). For some reason that I can't fathom this bot is 4x more expensive than BuddyWing.
    • BuddyWing is a "next generation" bot which is extremely easy to setup and use. It automates just about every aspect of leveling via questing. Space mission support is in the works along with crafting. This bot is more likely to get you banned due to the fact that the navmesh sometimes does stupid things and the "stuck" logic screams "he's a bot!!".
    Last edited by GliderPro; 06-15-2012 at 07:20 PM.

Buddywing versus Maestro
    Thisgenericname's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i totally used to use glider for all of my WoW back in the days :P YOU rock!!!! And let me know which bot you end up liking. I've been using lucky's spacebot.

joe3563's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buddywing has a couple nice features... but there are still nav issues and class profile bugs. I am supporting Buddywing because you can bot many instances of SWTOR on one computer and I have faith that the Buddy Team will get it right.

Cystacae's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a 3rd party class profile dev for Assassins and Shadows and Buddy Wing is good, never used Maestro. The Bosslands does a great job with their products and generally found them to be much more safer and undetectable all though I heard they messed up on Ryftomate by adding too many links to too many libraries thus making it more easily detected. Buddywing so far as less hooks than even Honorbuddy does currently. It does have issues and some are profile issues and some are still issues with its interaction with the game. However, with time it will probably be the best one around. I am pretty sure of this after using Honorbuddy for WoW.
    "I'm cookin' with gas. I've gotta handful of vertebrae and a headful of mad. Yeah. That's your spinal cord. Baby. Dig it. Who's the man? I'm the man. I'm a bad man. How bad? Real bad. I'm a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of badness." -- Midnight Bomber from The Tick.

GliderPro's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the comments guys. I'll be picking up BuddyWing tonight unless someone posts some stellar comments about Maestro before then.

maleth's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GliderPro - I use Maestro and I have to say it is one of the best bots I have ever come across. And I have been botting for a good 5 years now. It is so incredibly easy to set up, record paths, upload new paths downloaded from the mmomaestro.com website. It truely is great.

Oh, and the customer service we receive is brilliant, if ever you do have a problem, or just need a bit of help (even though the guides are amazing to start with, everything you should need would be there) there will be Red Blade ready and waiting to help you out. There is constant updates, and a well produced forum for people to discuss everything, post paths etc.

In addition to this, there is always new projects coming out, which we as subscribers get free beta testing too! That is something I love very much. (IE the new Diablo Bot).

All in all, I'm going to suggest you go with Maestro, hands down the best swtor bot out there, and I've tried them all - trust me.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I've got my hands on Maestro now and I'm going to be trying that out before BuddyWing. I'll post my experiences here in a couple days.

Xetro's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    24 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use both but i found out that Mestro is better even they still using waypoint not navmesh coz is more easy to set it up and less problem.I not really like the Nav system coz is too many problem i still prefer the old waypoint system.Talk about security , i think buddywing is better and of coz the combat system is more advanced than Mestro.The only thing that i dun like about Mestro is they don't support Multi-Client.

MMOMaestro's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maleth, that is some astonishing feedback. I really, really appreciate it man.

And Xetro, thanks for the kind words. As I mentioned via PM to Maleth, it's stuff like this that keeps us motivated

The only thing that i dun like about Mestro is they don't support Multi-Client.
    Used to. As of the next SMS version (I'd "guess" within a week or so, and likely sooner), we'll be fully supporting Multi-Client.

EDIT: Since this may not have been clear to everyone, you'll still need a Maestro SMS license for each SWTOR instance. However, once things pick up and we can better gauge our members' interest in this feature, it's quite possible we'll offer discounts on additional licenses.
    Last edited by MMOMaestro; 06-14-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had about an hour to play with Maestro and here are my initial impressions.

• The user manual (SMS Settings Comprehensive Guide - SMS Downloads and Support - Maestro Forums) has pictures which I didn't have permission to view. Was logged in.
    • Setting up a path was easy enough to figure out. Took about 45 minute before I had something working.
    • Pull wasn't working. The bot would run straight into mobs then fight.
    • Looting didn't work. The bot would pause until I clicked the loot all button. I figure I need to turn on the auto-loot feature of the game. EDIT: Auto-loot setting in game fixed this.
    • Sometimes my companion would be attacked but the bot would just run off along its path and leave him behind.
    • The bot would spam medpacks even though they are on cooldown.

Basically after an hour I was able to get it to run around and kinda sorta work. Definitely not smooth. I'm sure if the forums weren't blocking my access to the documentation it would have went smoother. I'll post again once I've had some more time to mess with it.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I coughed up 1 euro for a BW trial and messed with it for about an hour. Here are my first impressions.

• paid 1 euro, ran the app, entered my key, it patched/restarted, reentered my key, MAX SESSIONS
    • didn't have the game running when I launched BW. it threw an exception over and over. wouldn't let me quit
    • UI becomes unresponsive from time to time.
    • massive drop in frame rate when using BW
    • random crashes
    • tried a different class and was more patient. after the lag dialog popped up with "untested profile. no QQ". LOL
    • since I had completed quests in my log it got confused.

I assume the massive frame rate drops are because the bot is building a nav mesh. I'm still waiting for the bot to actually do something productive. Hold the presses. It actually navigated to a quest giver an turned in a quest. Woot!

BuddyWing looks to have some real potential. It didn't give a very good first impression but it is looking up. Wow. It just took a taxi. Gotta love navmesh bots.

EDIT: BW went and picked up some quests then traveled to the quest area. It targeted mobs and ran around like an idiot while my companion killed them. After two pulls it just crashed.

EDIT #2: I started a brand new character and the bot is working much better. It still stutters way too much for my liking. It also gets confused if a real player loots a mission item and the bot has to wait for it to respawn. Another pet peeve is the camera position. Whatever BW is doing to navigate breaks the auto positioning of the camera and it tends to move all over.
    Last edited by GliderPro; 06-14-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Initial impressions summary:

• Maestro seems more stable albeit harder to configure.
    • BuddyWing has one-click setup (actually about 4 clicks) but is pretty unstable.

MMOMaestro's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey GliderPro,

Thanks for your objective analysis, I know many OCers will appreciate it. I respect the Honorbuddy guys, so it's interesting to get a little side by side rundown.

As for the issues you mentioned, I've updated forum permissions, and all images in SMS "Downloads and Support" should now be viewable. Actually I'm very glad you brought it up, because people who were curious and checked the site out may have simply assumed the images were broken.
    SMS Settings Comprehensive Guide - SMS Downloads and Support - Maestro Forums

Sometimes my companion would be attacked but the bot would just run off along its path and leave him behind.
    The bot would spam medpacks even though they are on cooldown.
    I think I know what the problems are. If you're free this weekend sometime, please PM me and I'd be more than happy to troubleshoot the issues. Both of these are not normal and should not be occurring, and I'm almost sure they're both easily solved by cleaning up the Settings.

RB
    Last edited by MMOMaestro; 06-14-2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Spelling error.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started BuddyWing leveling a fresh character last night. It ran for about four hours and I only saw it get stuck once on a tight set of stairs. Also it wasn't lagging on my other machine like it was earlier. Never crashed once. All I had to do was select the profile and hit go. It did quests, sold loot when my bags were full, repaired, and even trained. Was pretty amazing to watch.

Srkrono's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I respect the work that BuddyWing does, but the Honorbuddy team can be very rude, if i asked questions they always give me a rude response or add a million and one "!!!!!", i have been using HonorBuddy for WoW since feb and im afraid of asking questions because of the responses i get, i havent tried the other bot you asked about but i think i might give them a try, just might wait for a promotion sale or something

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast