Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy Hell/Inferno - Elite/Rare mob farming. (witch Doctor)

Ok so my friend found this a few days ago and didn't really realize it till today. He wasn't sure what he was doing but he stumbled upon it tonight and was telling me about it. So it's very simple. You summon as many minnons as you can. Find an elite/rare mob(s). Make sure you go kind of slow as once you seem them on the edge of your screen your pets will rush over to them and start hitting them.

The trick is you stand so that the mobs never come into the screen fully and your pets will sit there and damage them. the cool part is that the elites/rares will not fight back either, they simply sit there and take the hits from your pets. Once they die, grab your loot and enjoy your stack of NV. It can take some time but it's low risk and can net you a good bit of gear. I seen him do it on hell mobs in act 1 and 2.

I'm positive this will work in inferno also since the idea is pretty much the same. I encourage those with a witch doctor to try this and post back here. I don't have a witch doctor so I cannot try it. sadly

Easy Hell/Inferno - Elite/Rare mob farming. (witch Doctor)
    Kylah's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Alah Bomb View Post
    Ok so my friend found this a few days ago and didn't really realize it till today. He wasn't sure what he was doing but he stumbled upon it tonight and was telling me about it. So it's very simple. You summon as many minnons as you can. Find an elite/rare mob(s). Make sure you go kind of slow as once you seem them on the edge of your screen your pets will rush over to them and start hitting them.

The trick is you stand so that the mobs never come into the screen fully and your pets will sit there and damage them. the cool part is that the elites/rares will not fight back either, they simply sit there and take the hits from your pets. Once they die, grab your loot and enjoy your stack of NV. It can take some time but it's low risk and can net you a good bit of gear. I seen him do it on hell mobs in act 1 and 2.

I'm positive this will work in inferno also since the idea is pretty much the same. I encourage those with a witch doctor to try this and post back here. I don't have a witch doctor so I cannot try it. sadly
    I have seen this on my WD and while it doesn't always work (even going slow) it is a viable method to try. Once you get into position, switch to your MF gear and it doesn't matter if your armor is thinner than paper they won't attack you back

I'm sure most WDs know this, but definitely good info.

Alah Bomb's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah I would say it's almost move to elite worthy. But yeah it's really good. You can just get into the right spot and throw all MF gear on. Wait for mobs to die. Switch back, find next pack, rinse repeat.

Or the spots where you know there are always rares and elites, this is a lot easier to pull off.

Miiiep's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you need more time to position yourself then youd need to kill the pack. Maybe for new wds with crap gear viable.
    Or you position yourself that you see only part of the mob and just shoot splinters.

Or (and this may be new to some) Get yourself a weapon with life steal (doent work with life on hit) and just shoot offscreen till green numbers start to blink up which tell you that you that you are actually hitting something.

On the other hand i have the feeling that blizz patched something, i had some packs i was shooting which didnt loose any life at all when i hit them from offscreen.

Soj's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've noticed this happening with my DH too, not sure what causes it. Not even sure it's an exploit as I can't reliably replicate it.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Soj View Post
    I've noticed this happening with my DH too, not sure what causes it. Not even sure it's an exploit as I can't reliably replicate it.
    I jumped on my friends WD today. I can replicate this with a success of roughly 70%. that's pretty reliable.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plan to update this with pics later when my friend gives me access to his WD

Recznik's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any1 tries this with DH?

Kylah's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any ranged class should be able to reproduce this somewhat reliably. I find with a Wiz that MM works well and you can use the homing rune and it will sometimes home in on a mob off screen (rare though) I haven't played a DH but my BF does and I've seen him do the same things.

aminios's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone can make a screenshot/tutorial or video of how to do this? I've been trying this for 2 hours with witch doctor but only succeed when there is a tree and gold pot in pony land. :|

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't gotten around to doing screens yet. Sorry been busy :/

thadd's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R