Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Question] Gold pointer c#

Hey folks.
    I'm wanting to make a simple program to read the amount of gold my character has in game and display it.

I know how to program in C++ and C#, but I fail epicly with this memory stuff...
    Using Cheat Engine I can easily find the address where the value of gold is stored, but it changes every time a new game is made. From what I've read I need to find some pointer to it - and I've followed many tutorials on finding pointers using CE but always end up with something that doesn't work.

I know how to read a value using ReadProcessMemory. I was finding the Diablo III process then process.MainModule.BaseAddress and adding the addresses from cheat engine in different ways trying to get one that matched and they never ever come close (like it saying I have 77 gold when I have millions).

What kind of stupid noob mistakes am I making to keep messing this up? Or rather.. How would I go about doing this in a way that actually works?

[Question] Gold pointer c#
    Shoruun's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    removed.
    - Shoruun
    Last edited by Shoruun; 06-04-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Yazuak's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there's no data structure info publicly released, you'll have to traverse the pointer chain by yourself... Keep finding what points to your memory address until you hit a static address (it will be green in CE.) The CE multi-level pointer tutorial can help teach you how to do this.

Nesox's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Find the gold ACD then check the stack quantity attribute, it's your gold amount.

larcerkev's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested in doing this also. Nesox, this may sound noobish, but what exactly is the gold ACD?

darthv's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to do this also, but tracing back the pointers to a static address isn't working for me in CE. After 1-2 tracebacks I hit a loop, or an invalid offset.
    I've also tried using the built in Pointer finder, but after I restart the game and try to narrow them down I'm left with 0 results.
    I must be doing something wrong... but it works for me in other games.

The only memory addresses working for me currently are:
    Health: FF2414, 18, C8, C, 2A0, 14
    Armor: FF2414, 2D, 97, 1, 6D, 8

In the meantime I am getting other values I need through Optical character recognition.. but its a less than ideal solution :\

djklesk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    same problem cant find the gold pointer.... but im a totally noob in memory reading ...
    would be nice if somebody release.. im coding a autoit bot its would be nice to know how much gold / h
    gonna release the bot here

mrdennis87's Avatar Member Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Cheat Engine, you want to find the value of your gold. Once you find the first pointer that tells you your value, you want to see what accesses it. By doing this you will get your offset, and then search your new hex value to find the new pointer. You then add your new pointer, and offset to give you a new value, or pointer. keep going until you find your green one. Once you find your green pointer, dbl click it to add to the bottom of the list. Once it's in the bottom of the list, dbl click it again. You will see Game.exe+&h42788 or w/e your offset is.. this is your Static(Base) pointer. Your next step is going to be to find out what the base address is of that Game.exe process and add that to the offset. Once you do that you can add that final pointer to any offset to get your values.. Game.exe+&h42788 = &h40287685 .. then take the new value and add your offset &h40287685+&11CC to get your hp, mana etc.. I am learning myself..I have learned all of this in the past week by reading through the forums, and trial and error.. I hope this helps.