Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UPDATED! Very fast SOLO leveling - Whimsyshire (the new secret level)

Because of some posts I got below I want to add something before you start reading the guide. I would like everyone to understand that this guide will NOT make your leveling easy. This guide will make your leveling unbelievably fast for solo, but you will have to work for your levels. The high experience comes at a price. This guide is not for people who expect to hold down right mouse button and win the game, and when that fails blame others for their unsuccess. This guide is not for people who are stuck on lvl 35 and can't get any further. This guide is not for those of you who are asking in general for help on leoric on hell. My guide will not make you a good player, even worse - it requires that you already are one. The mobs hit like trains and they don't die easy, but that doesn't change the fact this is probably one of the fastest ways to solo level. If that didn't discourage you but got you intrigued - please keep on reading.

Ok guys let me teach you how to level your chars insanely fast. I'll keep it short and simple. The place is the new secret level - Whimsyshire. It takes a little investement - you need to buy a weapon and preferably some armor. Ok more detailed now.

I like to upgrade my gear every 10-15 levels and everytime I change difficulty. l go on the AH and I buy new gear for every slot, I pay 2-3k an item, up to 10k if it's a weapon or something very, VERY good. I never waste more than 100k for all the slots combined. You get those money back while leveling there of course. Is there a trick ? No trick, you go in the secret level and kill everything. Why am I even posting this common knowledge ? Because it ain't knowledge and it definitely ain't common. Let me run you some numbers. I wrote some stuff down every since I entered hell. Those numbers apply for hell, on the lower difficulties it's faster and easier.

Average run length FULL CLEAR - 13 minutes no rushing (This time includes opening all the clouds, presents, mushrooms, etc. This also means I have killed all the mobs and checked the entire map)

Average experience gain for the already mentioned full clear - 8 bars (could get up to a level depending no how lucky u are with the elites, lower I had is 7)

Is it hard ? As soon as I hit 50 I entered the secret level on hell, cleared it 4 times so far without a problem. It is easier on the lower difficulties. (I did struggle a little bit on lvl 25 on nightmare but that was because I had 0 vit on my gear)

AND NOW - THE CROWN JEWEL

This math is done as a barbarian! From what I collected so far demon hunters and wizards are doing it pretty much twice as fast. These 2 + monk all die less than a barb. As a barbarian I die every now and then for obvious reasons and I also run slowly because I have no mobility spells on my bar other than a single charge. Not even leap. So basically up there I gave you the worst case scenario - a barbarian.

When to enter ? Don't remember when I entered normal ones but something like lvl 10ish should be ok, maybe even lower if u get good weap and some blue items. Nightmare on 25, if u're barb u'll need some vitality gear. Hell on 50, entered it without a problem after 60-70k spent on items. Good weapon is always a must. I am kinda tired right now from a long day and I tried to keep it short even though I can see I didn't do a very good job. Either way if I missed anything and you don't understand the guide completely - feel free to ask me questions.

Forgot to mention and this is important - always buy helm with socket and put the highest red gem you can get in it.

MONK UPDATE:

Since I haven't leveled a monk at all yet I decided it's time to try one. At lvl 15 I entered normal whimsyshire and so far it's by far the easiest class to kill the mobs with. I can probably clear it with 4 people in the group, although I haven't tested that. I entered the place as soon as I hit 15, I hit 18 with the last pack I killed. So basically it gave me 3 levels. How long it took ? Well I didn't do it as a speed run, I went there to see if it's possible, and me and my friends were busy laughing at how easy it actually is. If I am focused to clear it as fast as possible it will take ~15-20. I also took some screenshots because I know a lot of noobs will come to tell me this is not possible. If anyone comes telling me how this is a lie I'll prove to him that he's a noob with the screenshots. I won't upload them here because there's no point to flood this with 10+ pics. I'll update it again when I get in nightmare on 25.

MONK NIGHTMARE UPDATE!

I said I will post an update on nightmare monk as soon as I hit 25. Since the normal mobs were too easy for me I decided to go in nightmare on lvl 25 with my lvl 15 gear and stats. The white mobs were dying easy but the elites were giving me a hard time. Doable but slow, which beats the idea of being there in the first place. So I decided it's time to go shop for nightmare. Costed me about 150k to remove all my lvl 15 items with gear appropriate for my level. What I can say after doing so is that the monk is by far the easiest class to level. White mobs are not touching me, the elites are doing damage to me but I can outheal it without much problem and proper skill usage (after all skills are there to be used) The experience is insane, I'll check how much XP I get when I finish the run. I entered as soon as I hit 25, after a full run I am halfway to 29.

Also at this moment I want to send my regards to reptyl, the first post under my guide, saying Nightmare at 25 is imposible. Actually he said it's impossible at 31. Well it's doable with lvl 15 gear on lvl 25, and with lvl 25 gear it's just easy. Too easy I may add.
    Last edited by kingdomofsteel; 06-13-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Very fast SOLO leveling - Whimsyshire (the new secret level)
    reptyl's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    normal whimsyshire as lvl 10? wtf nightmare at 25?

The area is meant to be the same/sort of the same difficulty as the end game of the difficulty you do it on and I sure as hell wouldn't go do act 4 on normal with a lvl 10 char lol.

kingdomofsteel's Avatar Active Member Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I am well aware which is THE reason I am posting this. Like I said I entered Whimsishyre on nightmare on lvl 25 with BARBARIAN and had some struggle because I didn't want to buy vit gear (and because I played barbarian at the first place) but on like 29-30 I got some str + vit gear and new weapon and I had no problem. Right before I started writing the guide I entered the secret lvl on HELL as lvl 50 BARBARIAN after I spent around 70k on gear. with str and vit. And I would really appreciate if you can test what I wrote before downvoting it, because I spent several hours today doing it, so did my friends after I told them. Now we are 50+ barb, 48ish demon hunter, 50+ demon hunter, and 40+ monk. The most important part is oftenly upgrading your weapon. There are INSANE weapons with stats and socket for 4-5k gold.

Edit: Maybe lvl 10 is very low for normal, I really don't remember when I entered normal but I was something like 17 (again - I have no actual memory) and it was ridiculously easy. Add to that I was barbarian - other chars can do it earlier. But 25 for nightmare is completely doable if you spent gear on the AH. I didn't and I still did some clears but the elite packs were bugging me. few levels later I bought my gear and went in there stomping everything.

Nurideen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on hell 12 mins with lvl 50 sounds realy nice.. the first time i needed 30 min with my 60er wiz and his crap lvl gear.....

reptyl's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're full of shit. I just went to nightmare @31 with a monk that I can kill Diablo with by just holding down my left click button doing nothing but see his face get owned.

First pony took more than seconds to kill, and it took me to 10% hp on its first hit, fine I pop cooldowns, second pony one shots me.

Move along people this guy is here for the trolling or is just too high to actualy explain what he really was doing in there (I guess that's what happens if you spend too much time in a land of unicorns, flowers, teddybears, ugly clouds and rainbows)

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My better side is telling me to ignore a random guy who doesn't know the meaning of contributing to the community, but it won't be me. Just to make you shut up, would you like me put up a stream of me (almost lvl 53 barb),farming the ponnies on hell with absolutely no effort ?

forfun6's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so you cleared hell pony lvl on lvl 50? yeah..

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am doing it right now as we speak and I'm almost lvl 53. It seems that the people reading those forums are way below the average, so to prove my words I'll put up a stream. Give me a couple of minutes to find how to do it.

clindberg88's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought you had to be level 30 to enter nightmare , so how can you enter nightmare whimsyshire at levle 25 ?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright - the stream is up. Live Video by Amon Aglar Let's see if anyone else doubts it now.

Edit: some people came and watched the stream for a while and then left. I can only speculate it's the 2 donators who saw the proof of everything I said but I don't think they have the decenty to edit their spots. Anyway if anyone else thinks I'm not legit I can put it up again.
    Last edited by kingdomofsteel; 06-03-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by clindberg88 View Post
    I thought you had to be level 30 to enter nightmare , so how can you enter nightmare whimsyshire at levle 25 ?
    It's simple - you thought wrong. Nightmare requires lvl 25
    Last edited by kingdomofsteel; 06-03-2012 at 11:24 PM.

Workas's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kingdomofsteel View Post
    It's simple - you thought wrong. Nightmare requires lvl 25
    This is correct, NM is level 25 (hell 50 and inferno 60)

I'll give this a go with my witch doc I'm about to level when I get home from work got the staff up to inferno so that should be fun to test.

TheGlow's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by reptyl View Post
    normal whimsyshire as lvl 10? wtf nightmare at 25?

The area is meant to be the same/sort of the same difficulty as the end game of the difficulty you do it on and I sure as hell wouldn't go do act 4 on normal with a lvl 10 char lol.
    And thats why you lvl up slow.
    I took my DH straight to act 2 and 3 at lvl 5.
    Learn, keen ring/amulet of wounding. at lvl 6/7 then you can jump to much higher content.
    Once 15, you stick a nice +21% ruby in your helm and a 16-32 ruby in your weapon and act4/whimsy is a laugh.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by snowman555 View Post
    its just like leveling in d2 before L.o.D cow level was 20-40 40-60 etc.

Much truth in this, glad there are any d2 players around here. Most people around seem way too young to be possible for them to have played it. There is something else however, the cows there were good for lower levels but at the highest the experience was too low to be compared. Here however since the max lvl is 60, the XP rate is insane. 59-60 run can take less that 10 minutes and I doubt it can give less than 6 bars.

reptyl's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The gear requirement is immense then. My monk, it's 31, you say its fine at 25. I'm doing ACT 4 normal with eyes closed, but how can I prevent getting raped by ponies when they oneshot me or do about 90% of my hp as damage every hit?

My gear ain't shit, I pick up upgrades from AH aswel. my passives are deffensive. The gear could definately be better.. but reducing the incomming damage by 10-30% won't help me when 2 or 3 mobs attack me instead of a single one.

I'm gonna look into this again at some point, but currently I can only understand a ranged would be able to do it because of kiting.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast