0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think D3a (from BH) might have keylogger

many people I know, and myself included, lost gold/items/stash when we only used D3a. The new D3a is out, I have an authenticator but if D3a contains a keylog they could get our CC and email pw's. Would running D3a in a sandbox (avast, kaspersky) prevent it from keylogging?

I think D3a (from BH) might have keylogger
    who knows's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In terms of sandboxing, if it has a keylogger anything INSIDE the sandbox will be keylogged. Very few malicious software in existence can break out of sandboxes, many of which are caught quickly.

So if for example you log-in inside your sandboxed environment, the keylogger will have grabbed that login information.

diesiel1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isnt it open source? or am i wrong

AwareMeBrah's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by who knows View Post
    In terms of sandboxing, if it has a keylogger anything INSIDE the sandbox will be keylogged. Very few malicious software in existence can break out of sandboxes, many of which are caught quickly.

So if for example you log-in inside your sandboxed environment, the keylogger will have grabbed that login information.
    so if I sandbox the D3a, when the diablo 3 window pops up, and I login, I should be safe? The d3a would be inside the sandbox

AwareMeBrah's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's not open source anymore I don't think. And many people using D3a got hacked.

Dark_Mage-'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And yet you have all these claims without so much as a single shred of concrete proof? Not even any anecdotal evidence beyond, "Me and my friends use this and lost our accounts." ???? You think it may be related to the thousands of accounts that got hacked (and didn't use D3A)? Maybe?...

Arakkoa's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D3a as in Diablo 3 Advanced? And are you talking about the version available from their website? I can reverse engineer the software to see whether this is true, but most likely what has happened is that people have gotten session hijacked. Basically some malicious dude is waiting with their public game and you join in there, they get your session ID, and they replace theirs with yours, gaining access to everything what you had access to before you joined the game.

Dark_Mage-'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Arakkoa View Post
    D3a as in Diablo 3 Advanced? And are you talking about the version available from their website? I can reverse engineer the software to see whether this is true, but most likely what has happened is that people have gotten session hijacked. Basically some malicious dude is waiting with their public game and you join in there, they get your session ID, and they replace theirs with yours, gaining access to everything what you had access to before you joined the game.
    Please, reverse it. I've uploaded the latest version here: http://bhfiles.com/files/Diablo%20II...2062012RC3.zip

Again, I see people claiming their insight to be absolute and beyond a theory without providing any proof. (with regard to 'session hijacking') But, however it is done, it is certainly what happened to OP.