0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diablo III Memory Address Pointers (Health) Question

I wasn't quite sure where I should of posted this.. Diablo III or General. I am currently working on getting the health value with Cheat Engine for Diablo III by going through the Cheat Engine tutorials and have hit a brick wall. I can find the address of the health value {2A991498}. I then proceed to find what writes to that address... and get an instruction {0085B10D - 89 50 08 - mov [eax+08],edx} and look at more info for that instruction and Cheat Engine tells me the value of the pointer needed to find this address is probably {2A991490}. I don't know if this matters but for reference {eax=2A991490 and edx=44FA4000}. After this I do a 4 byte scan in hexadecimal with the value I just received from the more info window {2A991490}. The address I get is {0F76026C}. Now I click on "manually add" and I select the pointer checkbox, change the type to float, and I fill in the address I just found {0F76026C} and change the offset to 8 because {mov [eax+08]}. I then click OK and the address gets added below.. address reads {P->2A991498} with the right value of my health. I guess I am confused on what comes next? I think there are more pointers... so if I right click the line with the address that read {P->2A991498} and select "Find out what writes to this address", change my health value, nothing shows up? I'm probably doing something wrong... if anyone could guide me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it!
    Last edited by barryhutthole; 06-01-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Diablo III Memory Address Pointers (Health) Question
    broomop's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by barryhutthole View Post
    I wasn't quite sure where I should of posted this.. Diablo III or General. I am currently working on getting the health value with Cheat Engine for Diablo III by going through the Cheat Engine tutorials and have hit a brick wall. I can find the address of the health value {2A991498}. I then proceed to find what writes to that address... and get an instruction {0085B10D - 89 50 08 - mov [eax+08],edx} and look at more info for that instruction and Cheat Engine tells me the value of the pointer needed to find this address is probably {2A991490}. I don't know if this matters but for reference {eax=2A991490 and edx=44FA4000}. After this I do a 4 byte scan in hexadecimal with the value I just received from the more info window {2A991490}. The address I get is {0F76026C}. Now I click on "manually add" and I select the pointer checkbox, change the type to float, and I fill in the address I just found {0F76026C} and change the offset to 8 because {mov [eax+08]}. I then click OK and the address gets added below.. address reads {P->2A991498} with the right value of my health. I guess I am confused on what comes next? I think there are more pointers... so if I right click the line with the address that read {P->2A991498} and select "Find out what writes to this address", change my health value, nothing shows up? I'm probably doing something wrong... if anyone could guide me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it!
    it will be a multi pointer. thats the issue. try using pointer scan.

barryhutthole's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah! That worked, thanks a bunch!!!

Ragnarokkk's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by barryhutthole View Post
    Ah! That worked, thanks a bunch!!!
    Could you post a tutorial about how to edit the health value? I keep trying with no succession at all (Diablo III)

mahe4's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wanted to do the same thing, but with fury.
    and when i used the pointer scanner, it ended with 0 addresses found. (i used maxlevel 5)
    is it higher then 5 level pointer?
    what am i doing wrong?