0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to implement a memory hack?

So, I've been trying to learn reversing. For the past few days, I've tinkered around with Diablo III and Cheat Engine, just trying to get a feel for how everything works.

I believe I found something silly to try as my first "hack". It involves changing a single byte in the code segment. I found the address of this byte with Cheat Engine, and I'd like to create a standalone program to modify the byte, but I'm not sure what to use. I know C++, but I'm not well versed in win32 APIs, and this hack is so ridiculous that it's not really worth making a big C++ program for it. I remember a long time ago people were using AutoIt for memory editing, and I feel like that would be ideal to use, but I'm not sure if that works anymore or if it's detected by warden or w/e.

So, I guess my question is: How/with what language can I make a quick prototype of a memory editing program? (preferably with GUI functionality)

I'll release the hack here when it's done, as well as what I did (if it's not obvious when I release.) Seriously, it's dumb.

Thanks!

How to implement a memory hack?
    Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/571
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just code in any C language and use ReadProcessMemory/WriteProcessMemory. I believe both should work for you.

Obviously, you can use any language you want though.

Yazuak's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah. Just discovered C#'s windows form stuff. I was anticipating having to write a whole GUI routine in C++... ehm, yeah. That was the main issue, so I guess I'll just use that.