0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Player Scale

Which DWORD in the character classes' .acr file controls scale?

Player Scale
    Jackalhead's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BUMP! 10chars

Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh right. Sorry for trying to be a bit more welcoming to the new comer who was treated badly and making him feel like he had at least one friend on these worthless forums. I am such a horrible person for that.

Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jackalhead View Post
    Oh right. Sorry for trying to be a bit more welcoming to the new comer who was treated badly and making him feel like he had at least one friend on these worthless forums. I am such a horrible person for that.

You can welcome and help the newcomer without being rude to everybody else. The newcomer was 'treated badly' by ONE person, not all "the jackasses on this forum" who are "fat nerds whose only consolation in life is that they can speak their own language - C++".

You complain about people being 'jackasses', but then turn around and behave in exactly the same way. Sorry if your behaviour doesn't inspire great empathy on my part.

Also, not to excuse FearAndLawyering's behaviour, but the OP should have read the rules. He obviously didn't follow what is quite literally the first rule of the section (search before posting, including google), as I found this as the first result of a Google search for 'diablo 3 sno':
    Definitions - Diablo 3 Dev

FearAndLawyering was in the wrong for not just reporting the post and ignoring it, and you're in the wrong for being rude yourself.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it doesn't justify my position, but I had been treated badly myself here in the past and I was just frustrated. I know I was also in the wrong.

LongBow's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would just like to say that this forum section is as amazing as it is because many of the regulars don't put up with a lot of the crappy posts that tend to flood and dominate other forums like this (ie. blizzhackers). Without people like Cypher or FearAndLawyering, this forum would be just as bloated and obnoxious as many others of its kind have become. I have read many a post of people getting all upset about their "treatment" here, yet many of them are exactly the people that aren't contributing and/or bloating the forum with trashy posts like this one or the one linked by Cypher.

This forum is badass because most of the regulars are knowledgable and actually call out other users that post crap. That's why this forum, thankfully, lacks the barrage of "Tutorial: XXXXXXXX" or "How to XXXXXXXXX" type posts written by people who clearly have little idea of what they are actually writing about. In other forums these people get thanked/congratulated for their terrible posts by people who either never read the post or didn't understand it. When someone actually calls them out on it, the "flamer" is usually inundated with other users trying to tell them off.

If people would just take the time to learn something, they'd realize how amazing this forum is instead of crying about how they were treated poorly for being obnoxious. Stop being suprised that the forum rules are actually being enforced (although, I do understand the surprise since many forums seem to ignore their own rules).

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand both sides of the issue.

_Mike's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could have a look at the acr loading code and try to find it that way, or go by trial and error and try changing the fields one by one until you find the one which affects model scale. If you're afraid of getting banned then do it on a trial account.

Valtharak's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or on emu server.

the scale is one of the value in the RActor or the unit you want to scale. play with values and see the result like _Mike said.
    if you still can't find it ill tell you the offset.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, thanks Mike and Valtharak. I'll boot up a trial account to test this out on and let you know if I can find it.

Valtharak's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your inbox full so i can't reply to you

first the scale is not located in the .acr file since a same model can have different scale. it is located in the RActor object like for example the player object

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I thought it was the .acr file I was editing. For example, I've been editing my player's appearance by changing the values in the .acr file with Cheat Engine. Perhaps it's not the .acr file it's editing but it is the data that is pulled from the .acr file. The hex looks exactly the same in Cheat Engine as it does in the .acr file in 010 Hex Editor.

Do you happen to know what the hex value is of the default player scale for the barbarian?