Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D3 Cartoony? Make it more like D2!

darkd3.com

It increase the sharpness of all the textures in the game. It is unbannable because it does not memory edit, it simply creates a custom directx on your computer. Imagine the different layers on photoshop, its essentially just a layer ontop of the game!
    Here are some screenshots: (p.s i'm using the hardcore setting, there are 5 settings and hardcore is the darkest. If you do not want it this dark, that is fine! The website lets you try out the various filters ontop of screenshots so you can decide which one you want. It is absolutely free!)

Before:

https://i.imgur.com/ZQYrb.jpg

After:

https://i.imgur.com/GGUPh.jpg

This is an Act 2 comparison because the website only shows Act 1 comparison and it is much harder to tell through Act 1.
    They have also released a new function that changes item text on the ground to the same text used in D2. (A preview is available on the website.)
    It is easily toggled on and off by pressing the pause break button (near scroll lock and print screen.)
    Have fun!
    Last edited by Flipt; 05-23-2012 at 04:17 AM.

D3 Cartoony? Make it more like D2!
    Jens's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They could hash check the original directx file to spot the difference, they're more likely to force you to download the file from their servers and start the game with that than banning you though.

Vandra's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    26/26
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    They could hash check the original directx file to spot the difference, they're more likely to force you to download the file from their servers and start the game with that than banning you though.
    They provide the sourcecode here: http://darkd3.com/utilsrc.zip

KOS0937's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is bannable. modifying the directx dlls will let you hook the game as well, so they might check. With their blacklist policy they are not going to ban this though (i'm pretty sure of that).

kintarooe's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not bannable , they made it very clear before diablo start.

So stop making people scared - if you dont know anything.

UnknOwned's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KOS0937 View Post
    it is bannable. modifying the directx dlls will let you hook the game as well, so they might check. With their blacklist policy they are not going to ban this though (i'm pretty sure of that).
    https://twitter.com/#!/Angryrobotics...26183740686336

cdmichaelb's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    21/5
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a source but shortly after the release there was a blue response to someone asking and they said it is likely you could be banned. I think it was on the BlizzardCS twitter which is probably just ran by regular CS guys.

Cenny's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Flipt View Post
    darkd3.com

It increase the sharpness of all the textures in the game. It is unbannable because it does not memory edit, it simply creates a custom directx on your computer. Imagine the different layers on photoshop, its essentially just a layer ontop of the game!
    Here are some screenshots: (p.s i'm using the hardcore setting, there are 5 settings and hardcore is the darkest. If you do not want it this dark, that is fine! The website lets you try out the various filters ontop of screenshots so you can decide which one you want. It is absolutely free!)

Before:

https://i.imgur.com/ZQYrb.jpg

After:

https://i.imgur.com/GGUPh.jpg

This is an Act 2 comparison because the website only shows Act 1 comparison and it is much harder to tell through Act 1.
    They have also released a new function that changes item text on the ground to the same text used in D2. (A preview is available on the website.)
    It is easily toggled on and off by pressing the pause break button (near scroll lock and print screen.)
    Have fun!
    You can do this by changing your monitor settings.