Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Glitch/Exploit] Climbing Walls

Hi folks,

I discovered this by accident yesterday while playing with my GF and as I looked it up this morning, I noticed that there are already some videos on youtube about that.
    It basically allows you to reach places where you're normally not allowed to go, such as mountain peaks, unfinished areas like Baldera etc.

• There is terrain gradient where you are able to walk on, alias the normal walking area.
    • Then there is an increased terrain gradient, where you're not able to walk on - you get 'force jumped' down. You can't climb this.
    • In between these two terrain gradients, there is a terrain gradient where you're not able to walk on, but you can stand on it without being force jumped. You can 'move' by jumping around.

Here is a small video on how to do it (credits to the uploader, not me):

I might add an own video, screenshots and other stuff in this thread.
    Meanwhile, have fun

I am Error.

[Glitch/Exploit] Climbing Walls
    OotHE's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    64/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you know that most abilities that interrupt a player's status, like attacking them, will cause them to ignore the shift in terrain temporarily? This lets a pair of explorers jump at a vertical surface for a little longer, giving them just the few extra jumps needed to get on top that one incredibly high ledge.

Additionally, if your character is an unknown location such as the mountains behind Velika and you attempt to use an ability or log out/in, you will be ported to the nearest town? To you, you appear in one place, but serverside, you're standing still at the safe haven teleport location. No use for that really except when you want to get somewhere on foot faster.

I've some video and pictures on getting to places like Balderon. There are a few videos on YouTube, but it doesn't seem very much discussed here. I'll try to post a thread or two soon if time permits and people are interested. +2 rep to you for a nice and even 140. I hope we see more stuff from you!
    ~"In Exploration, we believe, and in Discovery we practice. Keep exploration alive!"~

Kadji's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A quick video of mine:

Tera Exploration / Bugs (EU closed beta) - YouTube

That Video was done during the EU Beta test, but the bug still works as of now.
    All you need to do is to write yourself a small script (autoIT for example) to push the spacebar like mad every few milliseconds.
    It is possible to climb ANY wall this way which is 89 degree or less.

Watch that Video for some of the crazy stuff you can do with it and some funny areas.
    In near future I will upload some more Videos of different areas that are nearly finished (for example, Baldera has already all the NPCs there, even a Merchant who sells Teleport Scrolls to Baldera, which you can sell for QUITE a sum on the "black market" )

If you want to talk to me: Kadji - EU Arachnea
    I will gladly show you some areas (Priest, so port is possible)