Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My little pony level SPOILERS .. YOU WERE WARNED!!!

how to acess the new secret level in Diablo 3. I'm sorry if it has been posted and i just missed it.

First craft the Staff of Herding
    Ok how do i do that???
    You will first need some items.

1. Black Mushroom - located in a patch of mushrooms in level 1 of the Cathedral (Act 1)
    2. Shinbone - found occasionally in the fireplace (walk right when you enter) of Leoric's Manor (Act 1)
    2.The Shinbone is in the room on the right in front of the staircase
    - Thanks Narudan
    3. Wirt's Bell - can be purchased from a vendor in Act 2 for 100,000 gold
    Bell: sold by a little girl in bazaar for 100k. You also get an achievement for buying it - act 2.
    - Thank you 403forbidden
    4. Liquid Rainbow - can be found in a Mysterious Cave (random dungeon) in Dahlgur Oasis during Act 2 after you saved an NPC
    Rainbow: As you enter the "road to oasis" waypoint, go directly southeast. There will be a small "water and hut" place there, with a CHANCE (rng) to spawn an npc. That npc will have an event that will open that door for you - "Mysterious cave". Inside this cave there is a CHANCE (rng) for a "mysterious chest" to spawn that will have the liquid rainbow.
    - Thank you 403forbidden
    4. The waypoint for liquid rainbow is called "Path to oasis" not road.
    - Thanks Narudan

5. Gibbering Gemstone - random drop from Chiltara in the Caverns of Frost (NOT ice caverns) on the quest where you destroy the ballistae (Act 3)

Gem: One of most annoying things. In the Act 3, waypoint to bridge. This area has a HUGE amount of mobs, and its also same place you do quest to destroy catapults. There are a total of 5 spawn points for caves here - south west, north west, far north west, middle (right next to waypoint), south east, and north east. There is a CHANCE that a cave will spawn - if it does spawn, it can be "icefall" or "frost". Icefall is useless, frost is what you need. Inside, on floor 2, you will have a large chest and a yellow mob (always). The mob you need, chillterra, will NOT be that yellow mob. She will nearly always spawn near the exit portal, and will NOT replace the yellow "guardian of chest" mob. There is however a very low chance of her spawning.
    - Thank you 403forbidden
    6. Plans for the Staff of Herding - random drop from Izual (Act 4)
    Plans: dropped by Izual in act 4. The boss is easy, but the road to him is long and annoying (start from BEFORE the "prime evil" quest).
    - Thank you 403 forbidden
    see gibbering gemstone map: http://www.diablowiki.net/Gibbering_Gemstone
    - Thanks Narudan

once you get the items and the plans, pay your blacksmith 50k gold and craft it! (Normal mode, - 200k for nightmare, 500k for hell, 1 million for INFERNO) Then find a dead cow in the western parts of old tristram road and you get magical pink rainbow farting unicorns and teddybears,

Update on costs and confirmation that staff is a permanent item that you upgrade for each difficulty from SargaS248:

The drops were considerably higher than most dungeons and are at the max tier.

If you want to upgrade the staff you have to go to Act IV (nightmare, hell, inferno) and go to the Quartermaster (Near Heart on mini map) @ Bastion's Keep.
    You buy the plans for 1g for that specific difficulty and re-craft the staff for 200,000 (Nightmare), 500,000 (Hell), one million (inferno).

The item is also permanent and therefore can be reused for farming ponies.
    SargerasS248 has clarified also that the staff must be stair stepped up for each difficulty So if you're in nightmare you must already have the normal mode staff to upgrade it. no skipping a tiers.

if you don't belive me i'll post a url for the video (just google it and i'm sure you'll find it on youtube.

not 100% sure if i should of posted this here or in general (chose here because it will show you how to get into the area.)

Much thanks to the following for clarifications in attaining access and the staff:
    MouseSocks
    403Forbidden
    SargaS248
    Narudan
    Last edited by maelstorm; 05-19-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: updating info thanks guys

My little pony level SPOILERS .. YOU WERE WARNED!!!
    Cush's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    1/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always wondered what that mushroom was for...I had a feeling it would be something to do with a secret level.

MouseSocks's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Staff Costs 50k to make, not 60k

I have everything apart from the 100k for Wirts Bell, and 50k for the staff.
    Only got 41k atm.

dejmon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got problem to get this:
    5. Gibbering Gemstone - random drop from Chiltara in the Caverns of Frost (NOT ice caverns) on the quest where you destroy the ballistae (Act 3)

i done 20 runs with Caverns of Frost and i dont get this item , any tips ?

maelstorm's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Staff Costs 50k to make, not 60k

I have everything apart from the 100k for Wirts Bell, and 50k for the staff.
    Only got 41k atm.
    Thanks updated my post with your info!

Originally Posted by dejmon View Post
    i got problem to get this:

i done 20 runs with Caverns of Frost and i dont get this item , any tips ?
    Sorry i can't help you there with that one. I still haven't been able to purchase a copy of the game yet (too broke atm to pick it up) I'll check a few more of my sources to confirm it's there but i did get that info from the first youtube vid that showed the level. I think it's probably one of those pain in the rear drop rates tho.

maggibesti's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm assuming you have to farm all the items again as you start new difficulity?:P

da_bizkit's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend got it from Cavenrs of frost lvl2
    -Rogues Do It From Behind-

403Forbidden's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/11
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few quick notes:

Leoric: As you enter Leoric's mansion, go in, and follow. After large staircase small room to your right has a fireplace. Thats where item can be.

Mushrooms: random spawn, WHITE mushrooms on level 1 cathedral in act 1

Bell: sold by a little girl in bazaar for 100k. You also get an achievement for buying it - act 2.

Rainbow: As you enter the "road to oasis" waypoint, go directly southeast. There will be a small "water and hut" place there, with a CHANCE (rng) to spawn an npc. That npc will have an event that will open that door for you - "Mysterious cave". Inside this cave there is a CHANCE (rng) for a "mysterious chest" to spawn that will have the liquid rainbow.

Gem: One of most annoying things. In the Act 3, waypoint to bridge. This area has a HUGE amount of mobs, and its also same place you do quest to destroy catapults. There are a total of 5 spawn points for caves here - south west, north west, far north west, middle (right next to waypoint), south east, and north east. There is a CHANCE that a cave will spawn - if it does spawn, it can be "icefall" or "frost". Icefall is useless, frost is what you need. Inside, on floor 2, you will have a large chest and a yellow mob (always). The mob you need, chillterra, will NOT be that yellow mob. She will nearly always spawn near the exit portal, and will NOT replace the yellow "guardian of chest" mob. There is however a very low chance of her spawning.

Plans: dropped by Izual in act 4. The boss is easy, but the road to him is long and annoying (start from BEFORE the "prime evil" quest).

Afterwards go to a large cow skeleton on old tristram road (act 1, first zone after town). After some awesome dialogue, you get in.
    The place hits hard, but is easy to do. There is a TON of gold and exp there (and i mean a ton), and also even more than a ton of gems and bs/jc pages. THere are a couple random yellow mobs there too. You do NOT lose the staff upon entering. Your friends can enter with you. You can leave and reenter the game to restart the event and open portal again - allowing you to farm nonstop.

Hope this clarifies and helps
    Last edited by 403Forbidden; 05-18-2012 at 06:42 AM.

lazorbeampewpew's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for this got my staff sooo pretty

da_bizkit's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do i need to farm everything on Nightmare as well in order to open it on NM ? Including the recipie ?
    -Rogues Do It From Behind-

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lazorbeampewpew View Post
    thanks for this got my staff sooo pretty
    Quick question. Was the staff a permanent item that you get to keep next run through? something i defiently need to add to the guide. If so i would consider farming the materials and pattern in normal so i can use the staff in harder levels.

Also if you could please report if you do get to keep it will it work in harder difficulties i would greatly appreciate the information to update the guide.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by da_bizkit View Post
    Do i need to farm everything on Nightmare as well in order to open it on NM ? Including the recipie ?
    I am not sure. atm i can't afford to pick up d3 and but i hope to have it sometime mid next month. but i'm trying to update this from different sources i've been getting my information from.

I belive that the items are probably permanent (due to rare drop or rare spawns that drop items that you need) the only difference is the crafting cost. It would not make sense that i could craft the staff in ez mode then take it to nightmare to enter the area. But hey this is blizzard lol.

SagaraS248's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to the OP for the information.

Farmed the items and plans in under six hours, after that I was enjoying the "Pony level".

If you want to upgrade the staff you have to go to Act IV (nightmare, hell, inferno) and go to the Quartermaster (Near Heart on mini map) @ Bastion's Keep.
    You buy the plans for 1g for that specific difficulty and re-craft the staff for 200,000 (Nightmare), 500,000 (Hell), one million (inferno).

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SagaraS248 View Post
    Thanks to the OP for the information.

Farmed the items and plans in under six hours, after that I was enjoying the "Pony level".

THANK YOU!!

updating 1st post with info. also. once i craft the staff in ez mode .. do i have to go nightmare buy the pattern recraft. then go hell recraft ect or can i just skip nightmare/hell and upgrade in inferno for 1 mil? (i'm going to guess you probably have to stair step it tho)

SagaraS248's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once you have the staff in normal mode, there is a certain process to access the next level (nightmare, hell, inferno).

First, you must be in the desired difficulty level of Act IV (Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno) to attain that difficulty of staff.
    Second, the plans require that staff from the previous difficulty level (Normal Staff, Nightmare Staff, etc).

Blizzard didn't make it that easy for us, and it can be quite expensive.

However, on the flip side the mobs on the "Pony level" drop insane amounts of cash and items that rival dungeons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast