Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.2 Thursday

1.2 is coming out Thurs apparently.

Has anyone checked the test servers to see how the space bot programs are/will be effected? Curious how reliable they will be after this patch.

We will be bringing down servers for eight hours on April 12th, 2012 from 12:01AM CDT (April 11th, 10:01PM PDT/1:01AM EDT/6:01AM BST/7:01AM CEST/3:01PM AEST) until 8AM CDT (6AM PDT/9AM EDT/2PM BST/3PM CEST/11PM AEST) in order to deploy Game Update 1.2 – Legacy. All game servers will be offline during this period. SWTOR.com will be available. This maintenance is expected to take no more than eight hours, but could be extended.

Please note the timing on this maintenance period, which is beginning earlier than usual.

Game Update 1.2 – Legacy introduces new content and features for all Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ players. Earn new rewards and build your family tree with the expanded Legacy System, explore Lost Island, a new Flashpoint, challenge the new Operation: Explosive Conflict, and face off against your foes (or your allies) in Novare Coast, a new Warzone. You can also experience new daily missions on Corellia, customize your User Interface, create a new Guild Bank for your guild, and more! Learn more about Game Update 1.2 here!

After this maintenance is over, restart the game launcher to patch to Game Update 1.2. This patch will be up to approximately 1Gb in size, depending on when you last updated the game.

Scheduled Maintenance

Date: Thursday, April 12th, 2012 (See PDT timing below)

Time: 12:01AM CDT (April 11th, 10:01PM PDT/1:01AM EDT/6:01AM BST/7:01AM CEST/3:01PM AEST) until 8AM CDT (6AM PDT/9AM EDT/2PM BST/3PM CEST/11PM AEST)

All game servers will be offline during this period. SWTOR.com will be available. This maintenance is expected to take no more than eight hours.

1.2 Thursday
    thephilz's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    god, finally

Kontact's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by thephilz View Post
    god, finally
    Thephilz have you done any testing with untz on the test server? I'm just curious if the patch will effect the way the spacebot works. Esp being that they are implamenting a time out .

Space Combat

General

Visual effects for trajectory and impact on missiles have been improved.
    The Alien Energy Capacitor now has stats appropriate for its level.
    Transitions on entering Space Combat Missions have been visually improved.
    The Grade 3 Beam Generator tooltip now correctly displays a rate of fire of 7 shots per second.
    The experience rewarded for some "one time" Space Combat Missions (granted when a new tier of missions is available) has been rebalanced.
    Players who are away too long while in Space Combat Missions are now logged out.
    Kira will now speak during Jedi Knight Space Combat Missions after Doc has been gained as a companion.
    Large ships more readily display surface damage as the attached hardpoints are destroyed.

thephilz's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have not been in test server at all
    but ill try to adjust it to work

Players who are away too long while in Space Combat Missions are now logged out.

well, there is the auto-re-log-in feature, but im not exactly sure what this means, does it mean 'if you do space missions too long you get logged' or ... eh whatever, ill just wait and ill figure it out when it comes

trlol's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its because people were completing missions objetives then just alt+tab until it was done

trendkilla254's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kontact View Post
    Thephilz have you done any testing with untz on the test server? I'm just curious if the patch will effect the way the spacebot works. Esp being that they are implamenting a time out .

Space Combat

General

Visual effects for trajectory and impact on missiles have been improved.
    The Alien Energy Capacitor now has stats appropriate for its level.
    Transitions on entering Space Combat Missions have been visually improved.
    The Grade 3 Beam Generator tooltip now correctly displays a rate of fire of 7 shots per second.
    The experience rewarded for some "one time" Space Combat Missions (granted when a new tier of missions is available) has been rebalanced.
    Kira will now speak during Jedi Knight Space Combat Missions after Doc has been gained as a companion.
    Large ships more readily display surface damage as the attached hardpoints are destroyed.
    Hahahahahhahahaha guess who reported the grade 3 ship tooltip............ I did, check back on my posts on this forum, I been saying the tooltip was wrong forever and ppl thought I was crazy.......

Posted from mobile device.

trendkilla254's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something tells me they are gonna use same colored pixels on the ship to confuse the bots. I dunno Though.

Posted from mobile device.

Tavaiki's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried on TC and it works fine but I get logged out and I dont seem to be getting fleet comms
    Last edited by Tavaiki; 04-11-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Pratt2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Tavaiki View Post
    I have tried on TC and it works fine but I get logged out and I dont seem to be getting fleet comms
    Since the bot never moves the character I think we're flagged as away the entire time? So we'd need to make the bot move the character in between missions to keep from being logged out after 1.2. I don't think jumping counts.

trlol's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dude, a dev already said (i cant remember the source) that it was because people were completing the objectives and then leaving the "ship" afk until the mission completes
    they can try to screw pixel search too but it doesnt matter since you can record mouse position and sith..

imo, they don't want to stop space botting, it would be easy to do that. more people botting = more people playing = more people paying. everybody wins. and its instanciated so people wont get the feel that the game is filled with botters, like some dudes speedhacking between chests and looting.

warheart209's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im pretty sure the afk log out will only work if you are not moving the mouse around but since we are and clicking there is no reason to log out..

Kontact's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Tavaiki View Post

I know it's not listed in the patch notes but I heard you will only recieve fleet coms now from the dailies and not from replaying the missions.

Willywho's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kontact View Post
    I know it's not listed in the patch notes but I heard you will only recieve fleet coms now from the dailies and not from replaying the missions.
    This is true because they are putting Grade 8 material chests for sale for 200 fleet coms, now forcing people to do all the dailies which you can get a total for 100 per day in 1.2.

Kontact's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I just noticed that they adjusted was the xp for missions now expire far sooner then they use to. The dailies for those same missions still last until the next batch of missions however the missions by themselves do not. I have 1 level to go until I open up the next batch of missions and all the current space missions only give 5 xp.

Randall173's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its because people were completing missions objetives then just alt+tab until it was done