Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spoon Feeding Info...

I kid sirs.

Seriously, has nobody besides me and a select few been reversing this game? There's been zero info posted here about the internals of the game, and I absolutely refuse to spoon-feed the masses for their own monetary gain. (Yes, I'm greedy. Suck it.)

As far as hacks go, Bioware is quite kind. They built in quite a few hacks for us! Some (and this is far from all of the ones I've found) include:

• Speed Hack - Not a timing speed hack. A literal run-speed hack. Tops out somewhere around 3000 meters per second before a DC. This doesn't speed up monsters, etc.
    • Short-distance teleport hack. Yep, give it a Vec3, and boom you tele. (This is the one most people are currently using, which has the rubberbanding effect)
    • Unlimited-distance teleport hack. Yes. Unlimited. No rubberbanding. This one seems to have zero server-side checks as to the destination point. There's also no limit on how many times you can call it.
    • Model changer - Yes, useless but fun none-the-less.
    • Terrain mover - I've moved some... doors.... closer due to laziness.
    • GCD hax.
    • Loading screen remover
    • Animation switching
    • Rendering changes (wireframe, collision mesh, inverted textures, etc)
    • UI movement. Yes, moving the UI around.

Spoon Feeding Info...
    Distiny's Avatar Site Donator Cheat or Die!
    Thanks G/R
    28/141
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a noob so i do rely on others but i pay for a GCD hack (even private)

Jaerin's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one has done anything besides you. You've seen the HB forums and the number of people wait for you to finish your work.

Yet the best you can do is come here and show off saying look at me I'm so awesome now why do you guys suck so bad? Some community building you have there Apoc. There is no question that you have skillz, but I'm not sure what you are attempting to do here other than demonstrate your superiority.

I see tutorials and such around here for doing simple memhacking, but no where do I see anyone teaching anyone HOW to look for different types of hacks. You look at the tutorials out there and they pretty much fall into 2 categories in my experience. Simple tools tutorials like cheat engine, ect or using those tools to do something simple like freezing a memory address.

So how about instead of lording your immense knowledge over a community that you obviously would like to see more activity in and start demonstrating how you might find these "provided hacks" I think its pretty clear the best capabilities out there is a pixel read bots for space combat...what do you really expect to accomplish by posting this?

Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    267/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jaerin View Post
    No one has done anything besides you. You've seen the HB forums and the number of people wait for you to finish your work.

Yet the best you can do is come here and show off saying look at me I'm so awesome now why do you guys suck so bad? Some community building you have there Apoc. There is no question that you have skillz, but I'm not sure what you are attempting to do here other than demonstrate your superiority.

I see tutorials and such around here for doing simple memhacking, but no where do I see anyone teaching anyone HOW to look for different types of hacks. You look at the tutorials out there and they pretty much fall into 2 categories in my experience. Simple tools tutorials like cheat engine, ect or using those tools to do something simple like freezing a memory address.

So how about instead of lording your immense knowledge over a community that you obviously would like to see more activity in and start demonstrating how you might find these "provided hacks" I think its pretty clear the best capabilities out there is a pixel read bots for space combat...what do you really expect to accomplish by posting this?
    Well Apoc is very busy with his work and stuff, I think he posted this not to show off but to encourage other people and show what he has found already, so that people know what is possible.

modey3's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apoc,

Who say's I'm trying to telehack for monetary gain? I got a great paying full-time job, but I think it's fun to cheat and learn the inner-workings of a game. I thought this forum was for asking hacking related questions where people help each other out. If people don't want to share information and rather horde it for their monetary gain they might as well go work for Microsoft.

modey3

Jaerin's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Microsoft comment is dated and doesn't really apply anymore.

Its one thing to be able to understand how to manipulate a memory address or something simple like that. Its completely another to be able to look at the assembly of the game and understand what to look for a GCD hack. For a teleport hack yeah its usually pretty simple to modify your x,y,z but as you said you have found others that have no distance checks and such.

I'm not asking anyone to spoonfeed anyone, but the learning, helping nature of these forums is long dead. At best you'll find someone who will release their code open source so you can pick through it, more often than not people sell/abandon their work without actually contributing anything.

Fadore's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just opened up my reverse engineering compendium volume 4, I will post something shortly....

AureOc's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have spent the last 2 weeks trying to teach myself how to reverse programs. I would be kidding myself if I thought I would be able to come up with any information for the community to use anytime soon but it is very interesting to learn and I will probably still be going months from now.

I am trying to make the jump from windows event driven programs to games and they feel totally different. I have found that there seems to be a big jump between the two but then again I could probably just be doing something wrong or missing something obvious.

While I would love you to release everything you have learned Apoc, I fully understand your reasons behind not wanting to. Thanks for dropping hints here and there about what can actually be done under the hood. Its good to know what to actually look for when I finally get to that stage.

Apoc's Avatar Angry Penguin
    Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not doing this as an ego ploy, or something like that. As I stated in other threads, if people have actual questions, and can show they've put in the time to at least *try* to figure out whats going on, I'll be more than happy to explain how things actually work.

I see no reason to cause a giant breakdown in the SWTOR botting community, like there is with WoW. (Every Tom, Dick and Harry can write their own stuff for WoW, which causes all sorts of issues.)

Also, as has been proven many times over, the general consensus is that the people using said info, are greedy, and in the broad sense of the word, ****heads.

I want people to work for their stuff, not be spoon-fed on a silver platter every patch, so they can go sell their copy/pasta bot off the back of everyone else's hard work. I'm fine with sharing info, but I will not be the one to post giant info dumps, etc. You guys are more than capable of doing it yourselves. (As I said, I'll happily answer questions, and clear up any confusion)

Here's a big, huge, INCREDIBLY LARGE hint: reverse their script engine. Once you can understand that, you're set. You can do basically anything with the game from that point on. For example; in our bot, we literally have 5 addresses we use (the rest is roughly 20-30 structures). Only 1 is a function. 2 of them are just for some "this is faster" type things. The other 2 are the only ones that actually give us the giant "meat and potatoes" of the game.

Edit; small example of how simple nearly all the hacks are:

Code:
            internal static void Teleport(Vector3 location)        {
                using (var alloc = new AllocatedMemory(BuddyTor.Memory, 3 * 4))
                {
                    alloc.Write(0, location);
                    BuddyTor.Me.CallScript<int>(false, "<Script Function Name Removed!>", alloc.Address, TorMath.CalculateNeededHeading(BuddyTor.Me.Position, location));
                }
            }
    Obviously not leaving in the function name, since we don't need Bioware to go finding out which one it is.

FYI; CallScript<T> is just a small wrapper around a function they have to execute an arbitrary script func on a node.
    Last edited by Apoc; 03-30-2012 at 12:02 AM.

suicidity's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly can't care enough to reverse the game; I'm playing SWToR with friends, but as soon as Diablo 3 is out we're all moving on. A game that I have had fun making a bot for though is World of Tanks, and probably World of War Planes soon if I find spare time; If anyone has any questions about those games send me a PM .

modey3's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My problem is finding the base+offset for the x,y,z coordinates. Before I write or cannibalize any code I want to manually change the base+offset values using CE to see if I'm doing things right. I'm not looking for any hand holding or answers to vague/general questions. As I said before I thought helping the community out is the purpose of these forums.

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by modey3 View Post
    My problem is finding the base+offset for the x,y,z coordinates. Before I write or cannibalize any code I want to manually change the base+offset values using CE to see if I'm doing things right. I'm not looking for any hand holding or answers to vague/general questions. As I said before I thought helping the community out is the purpose of these forums.
    But by him spoonfeeding you guys, he would actually be hurting the community altogether. That is what he is saying. Also, if you are going to use the memory editing way to hack, you might want to find out what a pointer is. You need to find out the static address which contains the pointer to [something that may contain a pointer to, which may repeat a few times] the coordinates. If you are trying to go down the chain, maybe putting some breakpoints might help you accomplish this? Find out what accesses/writes to the function. Are there any offesets shown in the assembly at that address? Maybe that offset is the first offset that you need to look into? Maybe not.

Apoc's Avatar Angry Penguin
    Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by modey3 View Post
    And this is exactly my reason for not sharing information. You don't possess the necessary knowledge to even keep a simple hack (which barely works mind you) working. Let alone figure out how to write it yourself.

The reason this thread exists is due to the absolute lack of people actually *trying* to advance their skill, and instead assuming this is WoW 2.0 in terms of memory editing, and wait on someone to post all the info they need for their own stuff. I refuse to help those who cannot help themselves first. Plain and simple.

As Sychotix pointed out, the process to finding a static addr (which, I don't think exists currently in the normal sense of "static", if there is, neat. But I haven't bothered looking for one.) is fairly trivial, even for basic CE users (which I assume is your current level of knowledge based on the fact that you use CE at all and want the addrs handed to you)

modey3's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never said I wanted anything handed to me. I have specific questions, which result from me trying to do stuff. I know what a pointer is and entry level stuff like that. If they are too basic for you to answer that's not because I'm too lazy, but because your a little too high on your own abilities that you refuse to help beginners.

Distiny's Avatar Site Donator Cheat or Die!
    Thanks G/R
    28/141
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope some skilled people start to get busy on some nice featured hacks. I can't do it, I lack the knowledge and skill and know my limitations, the jump from simple mem editing to reversing is a huge one aka not for me just yet. I rely on others to make them and yes I pay for private cheats so i'm not a freeleecher

Thanks apoc for sharing this and I hope people with the real skills are still interested enough in swtor.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast