0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diablo III Memory Editing Tutorial?

It seems I am just going to have to learn how to make a memory injector myself cause no one will let me use theirs. However, I can't find where to begin. I have no idea which tools to use or where a tutorial is that explains how to create a new program for memory modification of Diablo 3.

I created the Master Shape Shifter mod for Skyrim, so I am not an idiot when it comes to scripting. I just need to know what to read to learn how to do this.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Diablo III Memory Editing Tutorial?
    asdfx123's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    39/36
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would recommand to start with CE (Cheat Engine). With that you can read/write memory. Start with some easy things, there are alot of tutorials on youtube etc. If you are used to it you need to know what the difference between a dynamic and static pointer is. Hope that helps.

Jackalhead's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you.

KOS0937's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a book thread in the wow memory editing section. Have a look at them.
    Esp.:
    "Reversing - the secrets of reverse engineering" by E. Eilam will teach you everything you need to know about asm.
    "Windows via c/c++" by J. Richter and C. Nasarre will teach you everything about windows internals (including how to simple dll injections).

Both books are available on the internet - if you know where to look.

But be aware that it is a long away till you can reverse D3... It appears to be a lot simpler when you only see the results of the knowledgable people in these forums.

Nesox's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MHS is also very nice, got a nice hex editor and the ram watcher is useful too besides regular searching.
    L. Spiro's Memory Hacking Software

demonguy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by asdfx123 View Post
    I would recommand to start with CE (Cheat Engine). With that you can read/write memory. Start with some easy things, there are alot of tutorials on youtube etc. If you are used to it you need to know what the difference between a dynamic and static pointer is. Hope that helps.
    Why my cheat engine will be detected ? both D3 and Wow will detect it... my version is 6.1 ,what about yours?Could give me a download address?

BitHacker's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You,

I've been reading a lot of forums the past few days and really all I can find about diablo 3 is Larry's blog. That goes into how to memory hack the auction house. I haven't found any structures that are public yet. I suck at finding things in memory. I seen a cool tool the other day named kartograph that visualizes memory for maphacks. The concept was pretty cool. I went to go and download the program but it seems as if its a private tool.

Is there any pointers into finding diablo 3 player structures? I have Cheat Engine 6.1 but it doesn't work on x64 bit. Which is what I'm using. The driver won't load to allow read/write permissions. So, then I tried Artmoney. I didn't like the interface. I seen a post over at unknowncheats and he was using MHS6.1, which looks really promising. Tsearch is just old. But it does work.

I sit and look at these memory programs and look at the game and wonder now how do I find the player struct. Then my mind just goes blank. I'm not really sure how to go about it as I said before.

I use IDA Pro 6.1 w/ BinDiff 4.0.1 and BinNavi, Along with PaiMei, eEye BinSuite. Last but not least Immunity and Visual Studio. But even knowing how to reverse engineer and understanding the PE File format. Along with knowing asm, c, c++, c#, and java. All of this that I do know for reversing programs not games. Doesn't count. I'm kinda in a dead lock situation. I'm wondering if anyone else feels this way?

To KOS0937,

Even knowing all of that still won't allow you to find memory structures in the game. Asm x86, x64, c, c++, c# .net, java are all easy languages. But knowing those means nothing. You need to know what to build. Its like having all the tools in the world but having no blue prints for the item in wish you want.

To Nesox,

Ya seen MHS over at UnknownCheats. lol... Now I just need to figure out how to use it properly. I ready all the help files. It was actually a good read. I couldn't believe how much of a help that help file was. Someone took there time there. Very nice...

-Bit Hacker
    Last edited by BitHacker; 05-19-2012 at 08:50 AM.