Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could I use a program like this one to edit Diablo III's memory?

Anyone know if this program will work? [Release] Extreme Memory Editor v2

What I am trying to do is edit the appearance of the player character in game. I am completely new to memory editing, just as a heads up. According to Nesox, I must change AppearanceSNO and then AnimSetSNO and then call the function which redraws the player. Which function is that and how would I call it with a tool like this?

I don't have a copy of Diablo III or the beta yet, so I obviously can't test this out, but my goal is to have it ready by May 15th.

Can anyone fill me in?

Could I use a program like this one to edit Diablo III's memory?
    Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not believe you will be able to do this with that memory editor. What you are looking for is more likely going to be a memory editor + debugger, such as Cheat Engine... or you can probably just use Ollydbg/ IDA Pro if you are good enough.

Figuring out where those functiosn are is probably a little advanced for you, so I would start with some easier memory editing before you get to that level. Learning some basic assembly and programming will also help your understanding of memory editing/reverse engineering.

Jackalhead's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I'll grab Cheat Engine then. I believe Nesox already knows where those functions are, cause he has done this. If he was just to tell me, would that be straight forward or would it require further investigation on my part? Sorry, I am very new to all of this.