Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone been suspended when using a space mission bot?

Just as the title says. I know suspension is a risk that comes with any type of botting, just wanted to know if anyone has been caught using a "space mission" bot and if Bioware is starting to track them keenly like pvp bots. Thanks in advance!

Has anyone been suspended when using a space mission bot?
    D4rk5tyl3z's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is very unlikely that bioware will suspend you for that i could state 3 reasons why...

1. the scripts are just pixel scanning
    2.it simulates keystrokes like you would do the missions ( so no type of memory writing or reading)
    3. the most important reason and only difference to same type pvp bots you are on your ship...so you are alone...there is nobody to report you.

all i want to say is that in pvp are other players who recognize when you die against a 20% lowlife player cause of crappy combat engine^^
    the only way they could recognize it would be if they port you to another place and the bot continues his actions^^
    i for example never leave my room for longer than 10 minutes with running bot. i start the bot and do whatever i like to do...IN MY ROOM...so when you get whispered you can respond.... so grab a book, clean your room...or whatever other things come to your mind and you´ll be fine^^

i hope i could help

Wurmi86's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if u spacebot 24/7 the online time can be a reason for banning but we will see how BW reacts. I think the chance to get banned i low.

Stige's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    7/13
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I botted my Sorc from 10+ to 50 pretty much 24/7 without receiving a ban, I would say it is very unlikely to get a ban for space mission botting.
    Super Unicum

selrahc06's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, Thanks for all of the replies everyone, very informative on the subject matter.

ortner's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done 5 characters to 50 with 24/7 space botting. No ban.

thephilz's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10+ characters to 50 later, and now 48 on 2 chars on the brand new asia-pacific-oceanic servers, no bans here so far

please note that i am guildless until level 50 upon which i join my main char's guild, so that might have helped me avoid detection

.. or maybe bioware just doesnt give-a-shit - i know many people simply have subscriptions JUST SO THEY CAN BOT (like myself), so if you ban us, then theres really no reason to come back
    Last edited by thephilz; 03-05-2012 at 08:19 PM.

cbrebel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    same here as thephilz i used his untzbot and have 2 accounts to 50 with no ban...working on the 3rd

advice would be same as his...stay out of guild and i just try to log off once a day at least and switch chars do a few things quick and go back. i have yet to get a message or anything

Solemnity's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea i have botted multiple characters to 50, pretty much 24/7 last month and farmed/sold about 25 million credits. Still not one thing has happened to me.

arggosk8ter's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, I have botted 3 chars to lvl 50 so far 24/7. Nothing has happened... It may raise suspicion down the line so I don't plan to consistently do 24/7 on a permanent basis. But right now Bio-ware is so busy fixing this game I doubt they care about the 5% of their community that is space botting right now.

cbrebel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by arggosk8ter View Post
    Agreed, I have botted 3 chars to lvl 50 so far 24/7. Nothing has happened... It may raise suspicion down the line so I don't plan to consistently do 24/7 on a permanent basis. But right now Bio-ware is so busy fixing this game I doubt they care about the 5% of their community that is space botting right now.
    Quite highly doubt only 5 percent are space botting but yes I don't think it is a priority at the moment

Sent from my VS910 4G

dragonkiss88's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can someone please post a link for one of they space bots they are using... I cant seem to find one that works.

cbrebel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your in the forum they are listed in. and you have to setup and FOLLOW the directions. Luckys free spacebot is pretty good for free. Otherwise UNTZbot is nice for custimization and crewskill bot

Liteness's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only thing about space botting is that you still show up in the WHO list for your ship, not a big deal, but I'm paranoid.

RoyalCarbine's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coming up on /who is pretty much the only way to see. Consistently doing /who ship at all hours and you will see a pattern. However gotta consider that 2/3 of the botting time you will be in "space", it gives even more cover. The only way for one player to track a suspected botter is to add them to the friends list and attempt to see a pattern there. Even then unless they are vidictive or have a reason to hate you the might report you, which brings me to my next piece of advice:
    Make a toon just for farming money, never speak a word in general chat, never join a guild and never leave your ship unless you have to to buy/collect upgrades (with the mail box in the ship in 1.2 your outside time is reduced by 50%!). You will just be another anon online player.
    Send ship upgrades from your main by mail, and duck out once in a while to get the modules that you need from the mailbox or the space vendor. Mail money back to your main for the high life.

It is incredibly easy to stay invisible to the general population, you might get unlucky and have BW take notice of you, from online time or whatever, but as mentioned in previous posts there is so much shit wrong with this game at the moment that I believe BW has bigger things to worry about than to scan servers for people making some walking around cash for their toons.

If you bot to sell the credits, you already know all of this anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast