0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/salute teleport exploit [WIP]

I was hoping to be able to provide a complete explanation on how to execute this teleport trick but I cannot get it to work 100% of the time. I'm hoping by providing the information to the community that we are collectively able to figure out how to get it to work consistently.

While in raid the other night I noticed placing my guard on a target and then /salute would drag my char to theirs across the floor. It seems to be related to animations, for example on the first boss of EV, if I salute as the boss is punting the tank, I dont get punted, instead I stand in place and salute and its like my char is on a zip line on the terrain, salute drags to my guarded target as if I had interceded to it but was stuck the salute animation the entire time, I think this is similar to the /getdown bug that was fixed. Here is the information I know currently.
    The /salute bug only works for me with my guarded target.
    It does not allow me to teleport through terrain. It seems to follow LOS rules that intercede, charge and deathgrip follow. However in hutball I was able to use it to cross a firepit to my guarded target at a rate faster than running through it.
    Others in the guild were able to /salute zipline as we call it to others without the need for guard but not as consistently.
    It does not work 100% of the time, sometimes you simply stand in place and salute.
    For best results and for testing purposes I suggest you stand in clear open terrain and /salute to different targets until we learn more information as to how to get it to work in methods i have been unable to get it work in. My hope is to figure out how to get it to close gaps for huttball when gap closers are on cd.

/salute teleport exploit [WIP]
    pedogas's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After spamming /salute on every person in sight for the past few days, as best i can tell this bug only works randomly and cannot be consistently reproduced. Currently its only real use is a couple raid bosses and as a ball carrier in hutball if you're stunned and can't move anyways you can type /salute and hope it teleports you to that person. If youre not stunned youre better off walking than stopping to type /salute. The farthest distance i have been able to traverse in hutball is over a firepitt. It also ONLY works on clear paths, any obstructions in the path will prevent the teleport from functioning.
    One trick I do use is if I am stunned with the ball i have /salute ready to be pasted and i then spam up and enter to /salute as many times as quickly as possible for increased chancing of the teleport.
    If anyone figures out how to get it to work otherwise please share your knowledge.

jsk2008's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been testing this and can pretty much do it 100% of the time, even up some small stairs.

1. First type /salute in chat window without hitting enter to get it ready.
    2. Guard the person.
    3. As the animation of guard is activating, hit enter twice to salute.
    4. Glide towards target.

Edit: I forgot to mention the max range I've been able to do this at is less than 15m distance from target.

Edit #2: Another way to glide towards target is to have the person already Guarded, type /Salute and click Guard off then on quickly. This will have the same effect as the first method but you glide a lot faster with a quicker animation.
    Last edited by jsk2008; 02-12-2012 at 12:02 AM.

Green222's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDIT : My bad, said crap.
    Last edited by Green222; 02-12-2012 at 08:59 AM.

jsk2008's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tank classes get an ability which allows them to "guard" their target. It looks like a bubble shielding the player.

Green222's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh well, this is totally working, my bad !
    And I can confirm the limit is 15 metters.

fettz's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had this happen in a wz but I /fistbump to a buddy and was teleported to him, I have tried this a few times with no success.

Arcadrius's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Works, been doing this for a while now; Haven't had a time where it hasn't worked. Thanks alot. (Tested on level 18 Vanguard)

vgdelight's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it works on anything with an animation.. i use it specifically with the knight stance switching (don't even need to wait for animation with stance, just instantly fistbump after clicking it), it also works with force sweep

i've also seen it work with the commando healer's green passive healing beam thing