Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep Swtor On and never log back in again (laptop only)

A small exploit, but because SWtor has you sign in at the launch screen, you can keep it running forever NO LONGER LAPTOP ONLY
    If you close your COMPUTER with SWtor running, it shouldn't sign you out and you can just select your server when you're ready to log back in. This even works for leaving wi-fi zones.

Explaination in order

Login - Play for however long
    Instead of exiting game, LOGOUT(or don't, it doesnt matter) and close laptop/minimize
    When ready to play, it will show your server selection screen, and a mediocre error message you can ignore.
    Select your server and enter game!

This is especially helpful if you have a security key, meaning you don't have to enter it every day.( Really helpful feature, as i don't always have my iPhone with me at all times)

(Only should be used on a secure computer, if other people use your computer, this may not be for you, it still works but other people might access your data )

So enjoy your Xploit.

(This could be considered not a exploit, I can see that as it doesnt help you in-game, but it does take advantage in a flaw in their system.... and you do benefit from it)

Any questions?
    Last edited by nightkiler3; 01-16-2012 at 03:38 PM. Reason: NO LONGER LAPTOP ONLY

Keep Swtor On and never log back in again (laptop only)
    Black Gull's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Works on desktop aswell

nightkiler3's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Black Gull View Post
    Works on desktop aswell
    thanks, although i dont know how you "closed your desktop" (jk)
    but i guess you just left it running

ebmims's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't an exploit, this is their design as I'm sure they would have fixed this long ago if they cared. If you let yourself time out, dc, logout, w/e, you are never removed further than the server select. You can always just log back in after clicking away the error message. You don't have to do anything at all for this to happen. Also, an exploit gives you an unfair advantage over other players... don't see shaving off the 30 seconds it takes to log in as an unfair advantage...

Kalzor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been doing this since launch. It works for a couple days, but it will eventually tell you your account isn't authorized and you have to log in again.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ebmims View Post
    This isn't an exploit, this is their design as I'm sure they would have fixed this long ago if they cared. If you let yourself time out, dc, logout, w/e, you are never removed further than the server select. You can always just log back in after clicking away the error message. You don't have to do anything at all for this to happen. Also, an exploit gives you an unfair advantage over other players... don't see shaving off the 30 seconds it takes to log in as an unfair advantage...
    Exploit: abusing a flaw in a design to thereof advance from. And exploits arent there (only) not saying most arent) for a unfair advantage over other players, you're just a douche for expecting one. This one just relieves time from your schedule, AND IS A HUGE HELP if you have the security key. They obviously dont want this to happen, but it is pretty low on the priority list. And honestly i dont expect this toget fixed for a while

Liteness's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not an exploit if they purposely didn't add a timeout for being away while on sever select/character select, I knew about this from farming and I believe it was intended.

You already authenticated once, why would they make you do it again with a timeout?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Liteness View Post
    It's not an exploit if they purposely didn't add a timeout for being away while on sever select/character select, I knew about this from farming and I believe it was intended.

You already authenticated once, why would they make you do it again with a timeout?
    Safety issues, you don't really think they want more people creating tickets saying their younger brother got on and deleted a item or heaven forbid a distraught parent deleting a character

Liteness's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nightkiler3 View Post
    Safety issues, you don't really think they want more people creating tickets saying their younger brother got on and deleted a item or heaven forbid a distraught parent deleting a character
    True, but if a malicious user already has obtained your account information that wouldn't really matter now would it?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, but if a malicious user already has obtained your account information that wouldn't really matter now would it?
    I'm purely talking about a person who uses a single computer for all thier gaming needs, my reasoning as to why they dont want this to happen was safety issues. I clearly stated that doing this could result in someone getting on your computer already. All im trying to do is help the people who traverse this site, and make their day shave off 3-5 minutes of logging in, searching for thier authenticater, and the load time. I'm not comfortable argueing with you, because doing so might lower me.

I just want to help

Liteness's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nightkiler3 View Post
    I'm purely talking about a person who uses a single computer for all thier gaming needs, my reasoning as to why they dont want this to happen was safety issues. I clearly stated that doing this could result in someone getting on your computer already. All im trying to do is help the people who traverse this site, and make their day shave off 3-5 minutes of logging in, searching for thier authenticater, and the load time. I'm not comfortable argueing with you, because doing so might lower me.

I just want to help

Lower you? Listen here you pompous ass, I'm explaining that if someone already obtained your login information then the timeout for inactivity from the server/character screen is useless altogether. If someone were to locally get onto your computer (EX: Family member comes on your computer) while you still have it logged in, then that person in question is purely an inadequate user. This method has been reposted many times before as well, and borders on common sense.

Also, be mindful of others. Your egocentric nature is very tolling on other users.
    Last edited by Liteness; 01-17-2012 at 04:01 PM.

[Z]em's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty nifty but as previously said, logging out after being AFK so long is a good thing in terms of security.

halogotstoled's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't recommend using this. Currently there is a known issue in SWTOR with memory loss. The longer you leave the client open the worse it gets. Left mine overnight and came back to it eating up 3gb's of memory.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I answered this clearly. I'm not talking about account info, I'm speaking of using one computer, which a entire family/household uses. I'm just warning against this. If someone else already has your account info then it is purely because people weren't careful with their info.

Lower you? Listen here you pompous ass, I'm explaining that if someone already obtained your login information then the timeout for inactivity from the server/character screen is useless altogether. If someone were to locally get onto your computer (EX: Family member comes on your computer) while you still have it logged in, then that person in question is purely an inadequate user. This method has been reposted many times before as well, and borders on common sense.

Also, be mindful of others. Your egocentric nature is very tolling on other users.
    Calm down. You're making me look like a white supremacist, which I am not. I am simply saying that someone could get on and access your account. As to the lowering myself, I didn't mean to offend you, or make you think you were already lower than me, cause you aren't. I simply meant I do not enjoy arguing.

Originally Posted by halogotstoled View Post
    I don't recommend using this. Currently there is a known issue in SWTOR with memory loss. The longer you leave the client open the worse it gets. Left mine overnight and came back to it eating up 3gb's of memory.
    This does explain a lot as to why Framerates are dropping the longer you leave it present, but in my case its a small loss if I don't have my authenticater handy.
    Last edited by nightkiler3; 01-18-2012 at 04:50 PM.