Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting minion to mine nodes and avoid aggro anywhere.

I found an exploit which you can do to mine nodes in areas beyond your level. I just use it in areas that I am in when I am too lazy to kill the mobs to get the node.

If you send your companion on any node he will run to it and mine it for you. But if there are mobs in the area they will aggro him and put you in battle.

To avoid this send your minion to the node and then have your character hide to get out of line of sight of the mobs. Your minion can mine a node in the middle of five npc's and not trigger aggro ever. Funny thing is that your minion will respawn right beside you just like summoning right after he has mined the node. I have always used Qyzeen Fess for this.

The mobs will only aggro the minion if they can see you. I have tested this a dozen times and use my minion to mine all the time. Simply hide behind something after you send him on his way.
    The only difficulty is that you will need to have something to hide behind. The minion will also have to be able to find a path to the node. Sometimes if you dismiss and then re position yourself and then summon him he will be able to find a way to the node. I do this when sending him in a small valley.

This is a great little exploit to avoid setting aggro. I hope this helps you out.
    Last edited by Cheatertroll; 01-16-2012 at 08:27 AM.

Getting minion to mine nodes and avoid aggro anywhere.