49/57
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BioWare and their bans

Sorry if this is being discussed elsewhere, but is it just me or does BioWare seem a little too trigger-happy with their ban hammer?

In this, I mean that if there is a chest rewarding 5k credits and some epic items on a 20 minute timer, and someone decides to farm said chest, and BioWare bans them for it, does that not seem a little bit ridiculous to anyone else? Why ban someone when a simple patch to reduce the chest from being so "profitable"? This is just my two cents, but I've read a few posts on people being suspended for farming things such as the aforementioned chest, and just find this kind of ridiculous. If I find some enemies that I can grind on that give me significantly more experience per hour than quests do, I am going to farm them. Should that merit a ban? I don't believe so, but it appears that BioWare does. (READ: I can't verify whether or not these players were using a script/bot of any type to farm the chests) It just seems that instead of banning someone for farming a profitable area, why not just hot fix the area to not be as profitable?

BioWare and their bans
    henrygale's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's stupid if someone loots it maybe 10 times a week.. but someone camping it is arguable...

The chests aren't placed there for people to sit @ and farm, they are there for someone to walk past and open for a surprise, then move on to their regular business. But realistically people will farm it, so.. Bioware should have pre-empted this and put a timer for individual people (i.e. individual chars can only loot it every 24 hours) or something like that.

Thankfully they haven't done that (yet), so farm away and make sure you're sensible with it

Amalus's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like them for beeing so triggerhappy. I hope they are as staight with banning Bots etc.

Don't get me wrong, I am here because i like exploiting etc, but if it is like in wow, or even AION, where every 10 year old idiot may set up a bot and let it farm 24/7 without any effort .. I like the "sporty" charakter of thinking about better ways.. designing extraordinary profiles, not just reading a exploit and spamming it till it is fixed.

lostsk8r's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    15/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it is a bit silly to warn/ban someone for farming a chest, that they clearly are aware of. It's one thing to ban the first few people to do it, but to continue to leave it there untouched/unrestricted and then still ban/warn people for using it seems ridiculous. If they don't like the way the chest is then they should fix/remove it, not leave it there and punish the people for a mistake made by a developer..

I mean really, I understand some people might sit there for 20 hours farming it, yes that seems a bit unhuman, and should be investigated for bots/programs, but they shouldnt be warned/banned for opening the chest over and over, it's there, its in the game and its available. It's not an exploit. They should visit these people, and actually see if they respond, then take action. It seems like they just set a trigger that auto suspends/warns you, and I think that screams we dont care that you bought the game, we're just going to use software to do our bannings, not investigate them first.

If you pay for the monthly/game, you should be able to sit and ****ing farm a chest if you want to, within humanly reason/limits.

I'd like to see how long you farm the chest for before getting a suspension, some people must be really overdoing it. It should be the same result if you farm one npc for a long time too if they're being unbias in their suspensions.
    Last edited by lostsk8r; 01-06-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Disphotic's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    79/103
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all clever usage of game mechanics in my opinion, they are straight up retarded for handling out bans on people camping a chest. I mean really, if camping a chest is profitable of course there will be players doing so. And no, they shouldn't be banned because of poor game design.

thebluefish's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well... BioWare is owned by EA, which really explains it. I mean, what other company bans people from a single-player game for shit that happened on forums? Or bans legitimate players who reported bugs they found for "abusing" said bugs? Honestly, EA's been ban happy and then they took that and made an MMO, and look what happens.

Yes it's poor game design, and they shouldn't ban for camping chests, but I agree with banning the people who bot or abuse obvious glitches or exploits.

effectz07's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see being banned for using autoit to camp the chest, but human camping is... Human camping.

Sent from my MB861 using Tapatalk

MigIdiot's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lot's of the banning stories are fake.
    ok

broomop's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    simple fix security box... 24 hours for that person after pick up

thatone's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dont ban people of appropriate level, only the obvious macro/bots that are level 20 sitting in Ilum, a level 50 planet.
    The Original That One Guy

-Through victory, my chains are broken.
    50 - Immortal Juggernaut

DeMoN's Avatar -==FiXeR==-
    Thanks G/R
    16/18
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im curious if you can link me any factual bans from this. everything i read was debunked as FAKE, therefor making a thread such as this goes to show how susceptible you are to paranoia tactics.

Liteness's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    farming chest right now, current net worth 780k+. Haven't been banned, (going to stop after patch 1.1, could be trouble then).

also use swtor_hack_v1 as you can hide within structures or walls to avoid being seen farming.

SpaZMonKeY's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part of this rumor is fact, most is not fact though. Here is the real deal:

-Yes people are farming the chest
    -Bioware has not BANNED anyone for doing so
    -Bioware has SUSPENDED people for doing it though
    -The chest is in an area meant for level 50's
    -The people suspended were farming it with lowbies

Is it a bit harsh? Maybe. But if your going to level a toon to around 13, to get its ship, and go straight to Ilum to farm a chest, Bioware will (or anyone) will frown upon that.

ramp's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Pardon me for not looking up hard facts regarding this "farm Ilum chest"-bans issue. I've personally farmed the chest alot. Lvl32 , Running up to the chest - loot it - log out for 20mins - then back in. There is something fishy about the stories ppl tell about getting banned for doing this, something is not right. When using a script/bot to farm these chest , well thats a completly different story.
    - I bet you half empty can of Dr.pepper that 99%-100% of these bans are related to scripts/bots and not by doing this up close and personal. There is nothing, not a damn thing that goes against anything by farming this chest, regardless of level or if you shouldnt be there etc. . If you can reach Ilum by normal ways and no cheating involved than you CAN do whatever you like in that zone.

Like they say, picture or it didnt happen. If I ever get banned/suspended for looting this chest , then you will be the first to know and my response to this ban. Its gonna be ugly

/Ramp

lolroots's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ramp View Post
    Hi,

Pardon me for not looking up hard facts regarding this "farm Ilum chest"-bans issue. I've personally farmed the chest alot. Lvl32 , Running up to the chest - loot it - log out for 20mins - then back in. There is something fishy about the stories ppl tell about getting banned for doing this, something is not right. When using a script/bot to farm these chest , well thats a completly different story.
    - I bet you half empty can of Dr.pepper that 99%-100% of these bans are related to scripts/bots and not by doing this up close and personal. There is nothing, not a damn thing that goes against anything by farming this chest, regardless of level or if you shouldnt be there etc. . If you can reach Ilum by normal ways and no cheating involved than you CAN do whatever you like in that zone.

Like they say, picture or it didnt happen. If I ever get banned/suspended for looting this chest , then you will be the first to know and my response to this ban. Its gonna be ugly

/Ramp
    This and a lot of the stories are just made up entirely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast