0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Powerleveling with help of a highlevel

All you need is 1 highlevel char and the twink you want to powerlevel.

Form a group, enter a Flashpoint for the twinks level.

When you kill any mobs the twink will gain next to no XP (quite a lot less then e.g. in WOW, 5-19 XP for a level 25 when 130k XP are needed).

The way to go: Let the highlevel bash a boss to like 2% of his life and then leave the group (be aware: it takes 30 seconds till he is really out, so just leave @ 25% or whatever fits for you)

Kill the boss with only the lowlevel in the group => full XP as for a solokill. For a level 20-25 this means ~10% of a level per boss.

To slow for you? - There are several bossencounter with more then 1 Champion in the game, just leave 1 alive and wipe, the encounter will reset and you may profit again, without any trash. Best Encounter for this is prolly the first Boss @mandalorian Raiders, just bash the 2 Dogs to like 1%, leave with the highlevel .. kill the Dogs with the twink .. earn 15%-20% of a level from 21 (may also work @20 alrdy) till 28. Takes me 4-6 Min with playing both chars (lvl 45 assasin, lvl 25 Bountyhunter).

Important: There are several Encounters with 1+ Bossmobs having random aggro, e.g. the mentioned boss @MR, just stay far enough away and in most cases this will solve the problem.

Powerleveling with help of a highlevel
    eKqN's Avatar Contributor MMOwned Veteran CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    13/41
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, this is well known and nearly not possible to do. Any boss will kill the low level in 30 seconds, I already tried it in almost every Flashpoint.
    Hackhac, contributor && donator.

FeroXs's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hackhac View Post
    Sorry, this is well known and nearly not possible to do. Any boss will kill the low level in 30 seconds, I already tried it in almost every Flashpoint.
    You don't need 30 seconds, you need about 3. Once the high level player "leaves" the group they can still DPS the boss, so if timed right the low level only has to fight the boss for 5-10 seconds MAX.

Confirmed on a character in the high 30s as well as another in the mid 20's - thanks a lot OP!

Amalus's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hackhac View Post
    Like i said: I do & did it with even playing both chars, i normaly leave the boss or the dogs @MR with 300-500 HP.. that needs exactly 2 Attacks from my lvl 20 bountyhunter ..

I don't think you understood the point of this exploit.

rawrrang's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to get my friend's account to try this.

I'd be careful though, this one seems easy to be spotted exploiting and banning.

FanyFany's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would tagging mobs with the low lvl toon then having the lvl 50 kill the mob work? There are plenty of outdoor Heroics 2 / 4+ to do it in. I only wish I had access to a lvl 50 toon myself so i can try this.

Amalus's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by FanyFany View Post
    Would tagging mobs with the low lvl toon then having the lvl 50 kill the mob work? There are plenty of outdoor Heroics 2 / 4+ to do it in. I only wish I had access to a lvl 50 toon myself so i can try this.
    It works if you deliver enough dmg to the mobs, just tagging is not enough you need to do around 10% of the mobs HP as dmg and it is a lot less XP. While doing my method is a lot faster then questing, als long as you find a good bossencounter like the dogs @ mandalorian raiders, farming outdoor elite/champion felt quite slow, even slower then questing - for sure it is not fast enough that it is worth a friends time. The only time where i felt it woth the hussel is till around level 20. But bear in mind, that you have to do your classquest .. if you outlevel it you just gain 5 XP for all the runing around.

FanyFany's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone with a lvl 50 interested in making an alt and giving this a try?

zuroh's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just did this yesterday (mandalorian raiders boss), works like a charm, now I need to find a boss encounter for 30-40

darkrocker's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zuroh, try the "bonus" boss in boarding party, the one with droids. Haven't been able to try it, but I believe it will work the same way.

deadrap's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (BoardingParty) bonus boss droids gave my lvl33 just over 1k xp each, same for the last boss mini-adds

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you do it right? the high level left the instance before they died? that seems odd, unless its fixed?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    at level 30 the droids gave 7k each, and you can reset the boss by running back a few steps. also the generators can basically kill the droids for you

---------- Post added at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 AM ----------

still 7k xp each at level 31
    im looking at 3-4 minute runs atm

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 AM ----------

got level 32 a few minutes ago. I am playing a lvl 44 marauder and playing my lowbie on a laptop next to me (so quite a few mistakes) but I managed to get from 31-32 in right at an hour. Thats a little over 200k xp in an hour. With a level 50 could easily bump that to 250k and with 2 people doing it rather than 1 probably get 275k xp an hour from 29-32 at least (possibly more at 29 if the mobs giv emore than 7k)

---------- Post added at 05:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 AM ----------

oddly enough, the xp per mob actually went up by 50xp each at 32 compared to 31

deadrap's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm dpsing the mobs down to about 2% then leaving group. Once the lvl50 has left I run in with my alt and finish them off. Anything I could be doing wrong here?

Edit: I'm also entering the FP so that it's my alt is the owner of the group phase, should it be the lvl50's perhaps?
    Last edited by deadrap; 01-10-2012 at 05:21 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for me the instance is the high levels but that shouldnt matter tbh. Try using exit area instead of leaving group, thats what im doing. Usually goes like this.
    Lowbie sits next to a generator and chills. high level runs in and beats on mobs, cleaving them and dragging them to generators to help dps. When adds get 5k hp each I take them to one last generator and they go to like 1kish hp, then I wait in the middle untill the boss targets another generator. soon as he targets it i run to the OPPOSITE generator and click exit area. it should blow up and then him cast a new spell on a generator around the time the high level actually gets out. once the high levels out I just shoot them down with the lowbie, or let a generator blow them up for me.

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

Oh, and after they both die i just run back with the lowbie and reset the boss so I dont have to run 2 characters back in after.

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

slacked off pretty hard and managed to pull 230k xp an hour from 32-33. Unfortunately XP drops from 7125 to 6215 from 32-33 so it may slow down by quite a bit. Will still be very quick; but slower nonetheless.

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

Hope I am not spamming this thread too much =/ but another update for anyone wanting to try this. I suppose due to getting better at it (although i still managed to screw up and kill them early more than a few times this level) I managed to level from 33-34 in right at another hour (230k xp required). Xp did take another drop at level 34, possible the final drop that makes it not worth doing, the XP is now 5250 xp per mob. All together, including time spent figuring out how to do this, and making tons upon tons of mistakes, and making it to the last boss in the instance; I spent about 4 and half hours to go from level 29-34. Averaging something around 220k xp per hour, seems very worth the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast