Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playing simultaneously under the same account

Hi ,

this is my first post on the forum ever and english is not my birth language so be gentle

I was playing on my laptop , and I wanted to switch on my other PC so I just log off to the selection char screen and started to log on with the pc , as intended I receive a error message .

but apparently I was able to choose another server on my laptop , so I did and I was able to play on my regular server and on another

I dont know if this are popular knowing or if this thread doesn't belong to this section.

anyway , test it yourself and tell me what happen

btw , done it on EU server if that matter

Playing simultaneously under the same account
    Drusan's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea,i can confirm that this works. Ive had two of my freinds playing on my acount on diffrent servers while i was playing. It only works if there on diffrent servers tho,which rules out some awesome multiboxing possibilitys

Kratick's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not very useful unless you can be on the same server, unfortunately.

Sodee's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kratick View Post
    Not very useful unless you can be on the same server, unfortunately.

What you deem as useful is unimportant. This is kind of an amazing exploit.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sodee View Post
    What you deem as useful is unimportant. This is kind of an amazing exploit.
    It's kind of not. Not sure who you think you are that makes your opinion so much better, though.

Back on topic, it's a good tip. Hardly an exploit and (in my opinion) not very useful, but good tip nonetheless.

Feldeath's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's kind of not. Not sure who you think you are that makes your opinion so much better, though.

Back on topic, it's a good tip. Hardly an exploit and (in my opinion) not very useful, but good tip nonetheless.
    Too bad for you it IS very usefull, Just think half a second there, 10 people playing on 10 servers, on 1 freaking account???? Awesome! And here you go with a 1.3 €/month for playing the game instead of 13.
    But sadly I doubt it'll stay like that forever.

Thnks for the find.

ebmims's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Feldeath View Post
    Too bad for you it IS very usefull, Just think half a second there, 10 people playing on 10 servers, on 1 freaking account???? Awesome! And here you go with a 1.3 €/month for playing the game instead of 13.
    Wanna go halfsies on an account? You can go ahead and set it up with your credit info and whatnot and give me the login and your paypal or something and I'll just wire you money... Guess that probably doesn't sound very appealing since you have no idea who I am... Of course, this could be useful to a group of friends who want a cheap account and would prefer to play at the same time but not with each other... not like its a social game you can enjoy with friends.

Now a useful exploit would be step by step instructions for allowing multiple accounts to be opened on one computer since the game restricts that... I know there is methods for doing it but I'm not aware personally nor know of anywhere that has instructions. Someone wants to take the time to put it up I'd guarantee rep from at least 1 person.

Sodee's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What makes my opinion so much better is that I'm a contributing member to these forums and I didn't make an account simply to tell someone how pointless their exploit was. Regardless of weather or not YOU have personal use for this exploit, multiple people being able to log on to the same account at once and play and multiple servers is extraordinary. To say it's useless is by definition your own opinion.

Now keep your shit comments to yourselves.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What makes my opinion so much better is that I'm a contributing member to these forums and I didn't make an account simply to tell someone how pointless their exploit was. Regardless of weather or not YOU have personal use for this exploit, multiple people being able to log on to the same account at once and play and multiple servers is extraordinary. To say it's useless is by definition your own opinion.

Same could be said to you. All you said was this "exploit" is amazing, care to elaborate? I don't see how being able to play on multiple servers at once is that significant. You don't have any cross server interaction which means anything you do one one server has absolutely no affect on another. If you're playing with friends why aren't you on the same server? At least with multiboxing your secondary accounts don't need too much attention to keep doing stuff but how do you intend to actively play 2 completely different instances of the game where there is no interaction between them?
    Also, how the hell do you know he made a new account just to make a negative comment towards a subpar exploit? Just because he made his account in Decemeber and this thread is one of his first posts, doesn't necessarily mean thats why he did it. For all you know he is a new member to the community having just discovered the website since SWTOR just came out this month, and now the first time he posts his 2 cents you roll in telling him to basically **** off.

edit: The fact that he joined 6 days ago on the 19th also makes you're point that he made his account just for this to be wrong. If anything, there probably hasn't been anything worth commenting on since 9 out of 10 of the posts on the SWTOR exploit forums are completely useless copypasta, theories, untested and unrepeatable glitches in a new game.
    Last edited by ebmims; 12-25-2011 at 03:25 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop being such an ass. Other people are allowed to have opinions. I made this account quite a few days ago, I certainly didn't make it just to reply to this thread or to you.

Relican's Avatar Elite User Creepy in a good way CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    49/57
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally find this useful because now I will be able to test out SWTOR using my friends' account, play for a while, decide if I think it is worth my money, and then decide to buy it or not without spending $60 to find out I absolutely hate the product.

Gabbz's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is an exploit since clearly Bioware dont want this to be used.

It is very usefull since you can let other people play on your account, or yourself on another account. It is also very good if you can craft, slice or afk pvp on a server while you do stuff on the other.

Me for example who has a family i can let my kids play the same game as me for the fee of one subscription.

So Exploit, check
    Usefull, check.

gnosti83's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Gabbz View Post

It is very usefull since you can let other people play on your account, or yourself on another account. It is also very good if you can craft, slice or afk pvp on a server while you do stuff on the other.

Me for example who has a family i can let my kids play the same game as me for the fee of one subscription.

So Exploit, check
    Usefull, check.
    Sorry kids, daddy doesnt want you on his server to talk to and help quest

But dad i want to quest with you and have fun

Sorry your not worth $13 a month to me.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Relican View Post
    I personally find this useful because now I will be able to test out SWTOR using my friends' account, play for a while, decide if I think it is worth my money, and then decide to buy it or not without spending $60 to find out I absolutely hate the product.
    Because its necessary to be able to try out a game WHILE you're friend is already playing it? He can't stop for 5 minutes to let you try it out?

Originally Posted by Gabbz View Post

So Exploit, check
    Usefull, check.
    Yeah, may not be intentional by Bioware, but an exploit is not simply an unintended game mechanic or glitch that you can take advantage of, but it also needs to "give the player an unfair advantage over others not utilizing the glitch/bug/unintended mechanic", making this an "exploit" only in the vaguest of definitions. Also, please show me where Bioware "clearly dont want this to be used", its unintended but there are tons of useless bugs that does not affect gameplay that developers opt to never address. The "yourself on another account" doesn't even make sense. And what gnosti said, you really have kids that want to play but they all have to play on their own server?

Gabbz's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gnosti83 View Post
    Sorry kids, daddy doesnt want you on his server to talk to and help quest
    But dad i want to quest with you and have fun
    Sorry your not worth $13 a month to me.
    Got 4 kids that want to play? That is like 50$ and using this exploit i dont have to do it? And BTW smartass, its 4x purchase fee plus 4x subscription fee. And its not where i would spend money on my kids since there is a lot more holes to put money into for them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast