Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] Perfect Human > Tauren

|-:EDIT BOX:-|

EDIT 8/9-07: Alot of people have requested me doing a OrcMale > TaurenMale couse they didnt get it to work... I dont get it, couse I have now made a OrcMale > TaurenMale and it worked perfectly. I did exactly as what I wrote in the guide. Maybe some people dont understand it couse my english is pretty poor o_O. Heres a screenshot how it turned out -> http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/3...7112802ka0.jpg

Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I3Z08ILS

Filefront: http://files.filefront.com/OrcMale+T.../fileinfo.html

EDIT 8/9-07: Alot of people still got green hair when they followed my guide and I didnt understand why, but I looked through the guide and found one mistake I made. On step 7 the picture shows 00_Extra three times, 01_Extra three times, 02_Extra three times and 03_Extra ones. This is what makes the green hair.
    ...Skin00_00 > ...Skin00_03 should have ...00_Extra.blp and ...Skin00_04 > ...Skin00_06 should have ...03_Extra.blp etc. Check this screenshot and you will understand ->
    http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/4...00extrafk3.jpg

Heya...

After alot of work I have manage to get a working Human to Tauren without the white hair, tail, hoofs.
    This change if for both Male and Female. I have only checked it out for male and its pretty much perfect and im pretty sure Female is aswell

I have only done model editing for a few weeks so I dont understand everything so no requests :P

Human > Tauren

Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SQ8T8J6R

Filefront: http://files.filefront.com/Human+To+.../fileinfo.html

One thing that might not work for you is that the horns is viewble and thats becouse that the Human race have more hairstyles then Tauren. But dont freak out couse theres a guide out there that can help you. I cant find it but it goes like this ->

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually DBC editing still works as I'm running around with a hairstyle change for the past few days... just requires the extra program that zmutfx of Khagar's Rage made in order to do so like you need to do so for all changes that are protected with the signaturefile.

http://www.khadgarsrage.net/forum/vi...b72629b57aff6e

But aside from that, following a guide someone else on the Khagar's forums posted for the hairstyles DBC:

Fields are: Race | Gender | Hair Model Number | Hair Style Number | Something

Race

Human: 1
    Orc: 2
    Dwarf: 3
    Night Elf: 4
    Undead: 5
    Tauren: 6
    Gnome: 7
    Troll: 8
    Blood Elf: 10
    Draenei: 11

Male: 0
    Female: 1

So if I wanted to change my undead's hair style which is number 2, style 3. It would go from 5,0,2,3,0 to 5,0,2,9,0.

You need the CharHairGeosets.dbc found in the Warcraft/Data/enUS/locale-enUS.MPQ

I also used a DBC editor that another Khagar poster created: http://www.khadgarsrage.com/files/DBC_Editor.zip

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully it will work for everyone. I have let a few friends try this out and it worked for them, and for me aswell :P

Heres a picture of my pwner Tauren Male Warlock - > http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/4...7131819mi6.jpg

Enjoy !

Heres the GUIDE how I was able to make the white hair disapear.

This have been posted in alot of threads but I will show you from scratch what I have done.

1. Start up Warcraft Studio and open up common.mpq. Search under Character and locate Tauren, right click on the tauren folder and Extract File to...(were you want)

2. Open up CHARACTER and search for Tauren and Extract that folder to. This one should hold the TaurenMale/Female.M2 files and the folder in the first step should contain all the .blp files.

3. Download Renamer and open the folder that contains all you .BLP files. We gonna need to rename all the Taurenblablabla to Humanblablabla. Open up Human\Male and go under Edit and press Replace
    or just press Ctrl+R and type Replace: Tauren and With: Human. Now do the same in the Female folder if you wanna change that sex to.

4. Now Humans have more facial hair styles, skins, hair styles etc then Tauren so you gonna need to make copies of your current ones. I did this and it didnt take to much time but it was pretty
    boring tbh, so if you are as lazy as me you can download the one I have made and replace the names on the race but be alarmed that this can make not to work 100% with the skins so do as you wich.

5. Now download this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=THTJLMUP and put all these files in your Human folder that is gonna contain all your .BLP files.
    This contains nothing. In other words, .BLP files that doesnt have anything to show. Why ? couse taurens doesnt have facial hair/normal hair like humans do.

6. If you havent allready make folders to look like this "Character\Human\Male\" and Female if you are changing that to. In this Male folder should all your .BLP be from the Tauren folder we extracted
    and there name shoulder be HumanMaleblablabla if you followed my steps correct. And do the same with the Female ones.

7. Now copy one of the files in your Male folder and paste it into your Character folder.

8. Start up Warcraft Studio and under Pack(P) press Create MPQ Archive and name it patch-x (x = any letter between a-z or anumber 1-9) and on the left side white board right click and import file and open up the copied file we just pasted in, in your Character folder.
    Now a Tree should arrive that goes "Character > Human > alot of files \ Male \ Hair files \ Female.
    Save it.

9. Now we gonna Create a new MPQ Archive. Name it and again import file but now we gonna import the TaurenMale\Female.M2 that should have its name HumanMale\Female.M2 now.
    After it has appeard on the white board just the file, right click it and press Rename File the new name should be CHARACTER\Human\Male|Female\HumanMale|Female.M2

Save it.

Now we have our patch-x files so if you log on now you gonna have the white hair on your character. Now we gonna fix it ->

1. Open up MyWarcraftStudio, and open Locale-enGB.MPQ.

2. Then you need to locate CharSections.dbc in the DBFilesClient folder.

3. Right click CharSections.dbc and Extract File To... and choose were you want to place it. You need this so remember were :P

4. Now open up DBC Editor and open your CharSections.dbc

5. Now you need to locate your character wich is listed by numbers.

-field1-

Human: 1
    Orc: 2
    Dwarf: 3
    Night Elf: 4
    Undead: 5
    Tauren: 6
    Gnome: 7
    Troll: 8
    Blood Elf: 10
    Draenei: 11

I wanna change the white hair on my moded HumanMale > TaurenMale so I look up in "field1" and locate "1" and then look for "field3" to find my sex wich is 0.

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/2...ioneditaa9.jpg
    Whats inside the RED lines is what we gonna have fun with.

6. "field6" is what files your .M2 files gonna load. And "field7" is what files it gonna add to it. If "field7" is filled or not doesnt matter, we gonna need to change it either way.

For me I have 00-09 types of skins and mot races have. Some might have less or more but in "field7" we gonna need to write in "YourRaceYourSexSkin00_00_Extra.blp". I use YourRaceYourSexSkin00_00_Extra.blp couse I like black taurens. You can choose wich ever you want. 00_00_Extra.blp is just for diffrent colors.

7. Now it should like something like this: http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/4...00extrafk3.jpg

Save and close down DBC Editor.

8. Now start up MyWarcraftStudio again and go under Pack(P) and Create MPQ archive. Name it to "patch-x" (x = any letter between a-z or a number 1-9).

9. Now Right Click on the white board on the left side and "Import File" and locate your saved CharSections.dbc.

10. Now it should just be the CharSections.dbc on that white board. http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/6...onedit3ag7.jpg
    Now mark it and Right Click it and Rename file and write "DBFilesClient\CharSections.dbc" and press OK and it should be a Folder called DBFilesClient and in that folder should your CharSections.dbc be.

11. Save and move this in to your Data folder.

Dont start up the game without ModelFix.exe !!!!!

Thats pretty much everything.

Good Luck and if you need help write here and I gonna try to help out wich I dont think is needed, couse im not very clever and if even I can understand this, you can to

EDIT: This are the programs that are needed - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=76CO8IZE
    I forgot to add Renamer to that .rar but you can get Renamer on the forums I think or just search on google and you will find it.
    Last edited by Svempy; 08-09-2007 at 06:07 AM.

[Guide] Perfect Human > Tauren
    kody_'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Perfect Human > Tauren

aaah why did you delete that guide on how to add extra textures!?

Svempy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by kody_ View Post
    aaah why did you delete that guide on how to add extra textures!?
    Becouse I noticed a few things that didnt add out correctly so im making a new one... I will post it later dont worry

wrigley's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+rep on beforehand with the extra texture guide
    Save us all.... don't use imageshack.

Chak's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Helo, can u make maybe a BloodElf male into a Tauren? Male?

that would be soo nice =)

fenga's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ow i wish someone would ever make a perfect tauren to human edit.. ahh well ... cool stuff this is... +rep

Edit: What da fack, you changed teh rep button ? now i actually have to look for it
    Last edited by fenga; 08-02-2007 at 03:48 PM.

Chak's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Helo i used you Guide and my tauren hair is not white anymore =) but its now green any idea how to fix this?

Chak's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Svempy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Chak View Post
    I came across this aswell. All _Extra.blp doesnt work with all skins, so you need to change _Extra.blp with a diffrent number. I tried first to have brown hair on my tauren but it turned out green but it worked fine with black hair.

nono101's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can you do taurenmale to humanmale ?

Chak's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw, the size of my Tauren is also a bit smaller any idea how to fix that?

Svempy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Chak View Post
    Btw, the size of my Tauren is also a bit smaller any idea how to fix that?
    Yes im aware of that, and I have searched these forums and I dont think its possible. Blizzard put diffrent sizes on diffrent races to match for example mounts, gear, etc.

If you wanna change it I guess you need to be a kick ass dude on 3D editing wich I know nothing about :P

Mercer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i keep getting "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click ok OK to terminate the application" when i try to open DBC editor :/

trika's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would it be possible for u to do orc - gnome or dwarf
    +rep if u can thanks in advan

Svempy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Mercer View Post
    i keep getting "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click ok OK to terminate the application" when i try to open DBC editor :/
    I got your PM Mercer but I cant send messege yet.. Need to post more ^^

But as I said, im very new to model editing so I dont know how to change the hair style. I just found that guide here. I was happy with the hair style my tauren had so it didnt bother me to figure it out.

I dont know how to change the hair style. If someone knows, please post here, might be good for the future to know

And if you DBC Editor doesnt work, I guess just try to download a new one. Search on google and you will find plenty of links were to download.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast