Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Makes SWTOR So Good?

Hello ppl!

I Don't have the game, and im not sure if i should get it. Here are some reasons why i think this could be the worst MMO.

1. Gear. -> Lightsabers! They are AWESOME! but how long does this awesomeness last? Wouldnt you get tired of running around with the same lightsaber for months?
    And how in the world would you add a new weapon to the game? that would ruin the fact that it's star wars. I also think the gear, is a bit weak. Maybe because ive
    played world of warcraft with huge shoulders and awesome gear.

2. Graphics.-> im pretty dissapointed when it comes to graphics... i think world of warcraft looks better, and no im not saying that its bad graphics, but i had expected lot better since we are soon 2012, and wow came out 7years ago.

3. PVP.-> From what ive heard, the pvp should suck. I had hoped that there would be alot of world pvp. but ppl playing it now all say that the pvp in this game sucks. And if there is one thing i like, its pvp, always have been.

4. Why?.-> Why doesnt this game have Dungeon Finder, and Why cant you chose what BG you want to enter? Why is the UI so bad? Yes game is new, but cmon.. i mean? this should be in game from beginning.

5. Star Wars.-> My last thing is, this game is Star Wars. Not everybody likes Star Wars. i bet it would get alot more players if it was a made up game, if you know what i saying.

Yes, there are always gonna be haters and defenders. But i surely think everybody deserves to say their opinion. So please just read it, if u dont like it, tell me why? instead of hating, if u like, and got other things you think SWTOR needs post em here.

Alot of people say that this game is gonna Kill World Of Warcraft, i dont think so myself. And i dont see this game lasting longer than a year.

You cant judge a game on what people say, but please gimme some reasons why this game is so good. And please no hate, i copied my last thread to get some more answers, and it got closed cos ppl said some things and i said some things back.

If you hate ill report... So please stay calm.

What Makes SWTOR So Good?
    kjankoski's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about you stop spamming?

poonage's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How bout you read what i wrote in the end...

Shadowsteppa's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He isn't spamming. His thread got closed due to flamers.
    SIG TOO BIG!

MigIdiot's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok

poonage's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks ill take a look

edit:

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2011/...r-and-how.html

Made by a Star Wars fan boy...

That thread says star wars is perfect WoW is not...
    Last edited by poonage; 12-22-2011 at 10:25 AM.

Jaerin's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay first of WoW is not going to die. It has LONG way to go before death is even remotely on the horizon. I'm of the opinion that Pandas are going to be cool and fun....now on to SWTOR

I'm a skeptic and I'm playing it and having fun. Will it sustain my attention forever? Probably not, but unlike a vast majority of players I have no problem cancelling my subscription when I'm bored and playing something else. Why do you have to dedicate yourself to just one game?

1.) The gear/weapon issue with be interesting to see how they handle that. Will the mods and such be enough to sustain it? I don't know, but only time will tell

2.) The graphics are a disappointment, but I can understand why they are the way they are, accessibility. The problem with MMO's is you not only have to plan for the full gamut of computer levels, but you also have to account for what happens when you are standing by yourself in the middle of nowhere all the way to standing in the middle of Org with 500 people around you. The higher the base level of graphics the more likely someone's computer is going to cry when you get in the middle of Org. The problem is people always want to overestimate their computers capabilities because who wants to intentionally look at lower quality than is possible? Push it to the limit, but when it fails or lags or crashes its not the settings, its the developers fault. So you force a relatively moderate maximum settings that is "acceptable" and you work from there. If you give the option of Skyrim out of the gate people have to compromise constantly to get a good experience which means all
    they get is negative experiences over time.

3.) That's your argument? Some people said that PVP should suck? I'm not a hardcore PVPer, but what I can tell you is that the PVP seems fun and fresh. I can't tell you if its balanced or fair or whatever and no one can at this point. It's brand new and it will change I'm sure. Forcing a rotating queue means that everyone plays everything. You can't get people just exploiting one PVP match time to get everything because its the easiest. It's about playing the game and having fun. I'm sure in time they will give you the option to select the match type, but for now its not about competing its about playing to have fun. As far as I know there aren't even ladders and such setup yet for PVP so maybe at this stage PVP is just a side option for having some fun. BTW is really nice that you don't die in 2 seconds in PVP, gives you the chance to make moves and play.

4.) No dungeon finder means that you have to socialize with people on your server. Travel makes you look around and enjoy the world, yes it gets boring after a while, but you get faster travel. Insta-travel would mean that you would never explore the world. Do you know where the dungeon entrance to any of the new WoW dungeons are located other than because you died and ran back as a ghost? Why do they have an entrance in the world at all? The UI is adequate being able to scale or move it around a bit more would be nice, but for a new MMO its alright. Having everything built and set in stone on day 1 means that everyone has to accept the DEVS system. The AH in SWTOR is a perfect example...there is no reason you should have to select the category before searching by name and I'm sure they'll change that. If they had all these systems in place then that gives them no room to respond to player feedback and grow the game into what it will become. It's not WoW with lightsabers even if it does have similar feels and styles. SWTOR will become its own game

5.) No not everyone likes Star Wars, but no one said that you have to like the game. If you don't like Star Wars then don't play it. I'm not playing Star Trek online because I don't like Star Trek. Nothing wrong with STO, but that's because I don't have to like everything and more importantly I don't have to like what you like.

So now that I've answered your points I'd like to make an observation. The tone and wording of your message makes it sound like you have a couple things going on. One, you seem to like WoW and are annoyed that a lot of people are going to play SWTOR. Two, you seem to rely on everyone else's opinions to decide what you like. Three, you seem conflicted by the fact that a lot of other people like something that you don't think that you'll like.

With those observations in mind might I suggest you either keep playing WoW and just ignore SWTOR altogether, or you give SWTOR a try and see if you like it and just enjoy it for what it is instead of what you think it should be.

Just my 2 cents

shad8w's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent reply, rep to you sir

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jaerin View Post
    Insta-travel would mean that you would never explore the world. Do you know where the dungeon entrance to any of the new WoW dungeons are located other than because you died and ran back as a ghost? Why do they have an entrance in the world at all?
    Man, this does bother me about WoW! I've been playing Warcraft since a bit before BC hit, and a lot of my early memories have to do with finding that group (in trade chat, before LFG existed), or getting to the dungeon, or the gankfests that used to go on out in front of dungeons... that entire culture is gone now with LFG and instant-transporting to dungeons. Takes away a bit of the fun, for me anyhow.

Xiandri's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by poonage View Post
    Hello ppl!

I Don't have the game, and im not sure if i should get it. Here are some reasons why i think this could be the worst MMO.

1. Gear. -> Lightsabers! They are AWESOME! but how long does this awesomeness last? Wouldnt you get tired of running around with the same lightsaber for months?
    And how in the world would you add a new weapon to the game? that would ruin the fact that it's star wars. I also think the gear, is a bit weak. Maybe because ive
    played world of warcraft with huge shoulders and awesome gear.

2. Graphics.-> im pretty dissapointed when it comes to graphics... i think world of warcraft looks better, and no im not saying that its bad graphics, but i had expected lot better since we are soon 2012, and wow came out 7years ago.

3. PVP.-> From what ive heard, the pvp should suck. I had hoped that there would be alot of world pvp. but ppl playing it now all say that the pvp in this game sucks. And if there is one thing i like, its pvp, always have been.

4. Why?.-> Why doesnt this game have Dungeon Finder, and Why cant you chose what BG you want to enter? Why is the UI so bad? Yes game is new, but cmon.. i mean? this should be in game from beginning.

5. Star Wars.-> My last thing is, this game is Star Wars. Not everybody likes Star Wars. i bet it would get alot more players if it was a made up game, if you know what i saying.

Yes, there are always gonna be haters and defenders. But i surely think everybody deserves to say their opinion. So please just read it, if u dont like it, tell me why? instead of hating, if u like, and got other things you think SWTOR needs post em here.

Alot of people say that this game is gonna Kill World Of Warcraft, i dont think so myself. And i dont see this game lasting longer than a year.

You cant judge a game on what people say, but please gimme some reasons why this game is so good. And please no hate, i copied my last thread to get some more answers, and it got closed cos ppl said some things and i said some things back.

If you hate ill report... So please stay calm.
    I have played WoW on-and-off since the beta, and I still have a sub to it so I can play my feral druid sometimes. It's the game I go back to when I get bored or when an MMO fails.

I do enjoy WoW, but I hate the kind of people that WoW seems to create. People who have a 'us versus them' mindset, who are constantly comparing WoW to every other game on the planet and posting ridiculous statements about the game being an obvious WoW clone. It is possible to enjoy WoW and enjoy other games too, y'know? I mean honestly, do people compare stuff like this IRL? "my BMW owns!! your mercades is a piece of shit, YOUR CAR IS JUST A BMW CLONE, SCRUB. GET SHIT ON." -_-

I have never been a big star wars fan (I hadn't even seen all the movies untill a few weeks ago), so much of the lore in the game is new to me, and I am absolutely LOVING it. I am genuinely interested in reading quest info instead of just skipping past all the text so I can accept the quest (like in WoW), I'm having so much fun it has renewed my love for MMORPGs and brought some life back onto the stale MMO scene.

I do not agree with you about the dungeon finder. I feel that it killed server community when they added it to WoW because nobody needs to talk to eachother anymore, it also killed off world pvp because nobody even needs to leave the cities these days (oh I remember PVPing in blackrock mountain and lightshope chapel at lvl 60 good times!). If they added that crap to SWToR, I would be really disappointed...

I'm enjoying SWToR, and will most likely not go back to WoW unless I get bored of swtor and GW2.

Oh, one more thing:
    that is quite possibly the dumbest thing i have ever read. you, sir, are a ****ing moron.