Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SWTOR Worst MMO!

Hello ppl!

I Don't have the game, and im not sure if i should get it. Here are some reasons why i think this could be the worst MMO.

1. Gear. -> Lightsabers! They are AWESOME! but how long does this awesomeness last? Wouldnt you get tired of running around with the same lightsaber for months?
    And how in the world would you add a new weapon to the game? that would ruin the fact that it's star wars. I also think the gear, is a bit weak. Maybe because ive
    played world of warcraft with huge shoulders and awesome gear.

2. Graphics.-> im pretty dissapointed when it comes to graphics... i think world of warcraft looks better, and no im not saying that its bad graphics, but i had expected lot better since we are soon 2012, and wow came out 7years ago.

3. PVP.-> From what ive heard, the pvp should suck. I had hoped that there would be alot of world pvp. but ppl playing it now all say that the pvp in this game sucks. And if there is one thing i like, its pvp, always have been.

4. Why?.-> Why doesnt this game have Dungeon Finder, and Why cant you chose what BG you want to enter? Why is the UI so bad? Yes game is new, but cmon.. i mean? this should be in game from beginning.

5. Star Wars.-> My last thing is, this game is Star Wars. Not everybody likes Star Wars. i bet it would get alot more players if it was a made up game, if you know what i saying.

Yes, there are always gonna be haters and defenders. But i surely think everybody deserves to say their opinion. So please just read it, if u dont like it, tell me why? instead of hating, if u like, and got other things you think SWTOR needs post em here.

Alot of people say that this game is gonna Kill World Of Warcraft, i dont think so myself. And i dont see this game lasting longer than a year

SWTOR Worst MMO!
    JD's Avatar Fedora Potato Johnson V
    Thanks G/R
    12/89
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by poonage View Post
    I Don't have the game, and im not sure if i should get it.
    You can't judge a game on what others have said, play it before you form an opinion

1. Gear. -> Lightsabers! They are AWESOME! but how long does this awesomeness last? Wouldnt you get tired of running around with the same lightsaber for months?
    And how in the world would you add a new weapon to the game? that would ruin the fact that it's star wars. I also think the gear, is a bit weak. Maybe because ive
    You haven't seen any end-game raiding gear yet. Maybe that'll turn out really nicely. The vanilla WoW gear wasn't great either until more raid instances opened.

2. Graphics.-> im pretty dissapointed when it comes to graphics... i think world of warcraft looks better, and no im not saying that its bad graphics, but i had expected lot better since we are soon 2012, and wow came out 7years ago.
    It's an MMO, don't play an MMO for graphics. WoW's graphics are much worse than SWTOR's btw.

3. PVP.-> From what ive heard, the pvp should suck. I had hoped that there would be alot of world pvp. but ppl playing it now all say that the pvp in this game sucks. And if there is one thing i like, its pvp, always have been.
    You haven't played the game so you don't know how good PVP is.

4. Why?.-> Why doesnt this game have Dungeon Finder, and Why cant you chose what BG you want to enter? Why is the UI so bad? Yes game is new, but cmon.. i mean? this should be in game from beginning.
    A lot of what you just mentioned wasn't in WoW either and that became huge. They don't have Blizzard's money yet. Wait for it and they'll improve as their budget increases.

5. Star Wars.-> My last thing is, this game is Star Wars. Not everybody likes Star Wars. i bet it would get alot more players if it was a made up game, if you know what i saying.
    It's not just Star Wars, it's also a fun MMO. Not everybody likes warcraft either, but people play it.

poonage's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure its true that you cant judge a game before you have it, but you need to hear what ppl say, to know it its really worth getting.

And i know that World of Warcraft didnt have does features i mentioned when they started, but SWTOR could have copied them, knowing that they are great features, that probably would make the game alot better. plus it might add a few extra ppl to the game.

Thanks G/R
    12/89
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, but Bioware doesn't have the budget that Blizzard now does. They'll get added later on I'm sure.

poonage's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by JD View Post
    True, but Bioware doesn't have the budget that Blizzard now does. They'll get added later on I'm sure.
    Do you own the game? if yes? would u recommend? and would you say that its better than WoW? cos me and a friend will maybe buy this friday

Thanks G/R
    12/89
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the game yes, I don't play it half as much as I would like to. I do recommend at least checking it out if you like MMOs and if you like Star Wars at all. I think it's a better game than WoW was in Vanilla but it's not better than WoW in cata. It will become better though.

Hex00010's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Game it self is awsome i just got done selling my level 30 sith marauder

the instances are great BT , Hammerstation , and Athesis were great instances that i liked

I played i think BT was it? the other day and we had to go against 2 jedis and 3 smugglers = mini bosses

You had to think what to do because one of the jedi knights had a spell that would royally **** u up

then the other jedi was straight up DMG while u had 3 other guys ****ing with you

Without a strategy you would have lost

The end game is great i was a level 50 in Beta the gear is fantastic i love it

Who cares about running around with a light saber? If im not mistaken ever since the majority of all Star wars fans always wanted a light saber well now i get it virtually lool

+ who doesnt want to say in real life there a ****ing jedi? lol i did the day i got the game lol

But like it has been said previously you cant judge the game based on what others have said

that is the problem with society today they listen to what others say and believe it without doing any reserach on there own in this case you havnt played the game

best advice is just buy the game and see if u like it

Freefall552's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    16/25
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, this is the most smooth UI I've seen in a mmo. It took a whole to get used to it, but when you did it was wonderful. The way they tell the story is BRILLIANT. It sucks you in in a way that's undiscribable. Questing is the thing I enjoy most in this game. Judging something from what you've heard others say is bad. That's just like rasism (Just an example), people hear others say black people are the reason they're unemployed and their life is so shitty. So they all start ranting about it and it spreads like a locust swarm. And please, don't insult people. They won't take what you say seriously.
    Molested myself and got convicted.

Ground Zero's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cleaned up the thread, if I see anymore shit like that I'll just skip the warnings and start handing out the bans.

Keep it calm and clean and a civilized discussion.

loketar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stopped reading as soon as you wrote I don't have the game.

cdmichaelb's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    21/5
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a great game, I wish I had more hours in the day to play it.

Also, the devs posted that they will be maintaining a team for new content and another team for bug fixes.

PS. Don't name your thread something like this when you haven't played the game, and are trying to get advice.

DKVance73's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, you cannot, CANNOT have an opinion on ANYTHING if you haven't actually experienced it for yourself. That's like some moron telling a combat vet "I know what it was like because I saw Saving Private Ryan". No, end of story. Your opinion means jack and shit if you haven't even played the game.

Me, I've played it, I'm enjoying it. But yes the lack of some of the features mentioned are baffling because it is the most expensive video game in history. To use the excuse "Well WoW Vanilla didn't' have it" is weak. That was seven years ago, and there were little if any MMO's out there. BioWare for whatever reason decided to release a fantastic game that is missing some very plausible MMO tools that work. LFG, moddable UI's, meters. and so on. Also, it is set in a universe that is pretty well known and non-expandable. Which isn't a bad thing, but it does limit the options of how crazy you can make it. Meaning, you won't see any flying gunships trying to take down a giant dragon-god in armor that leaks fire in SWTOR. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

rages4calm's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their are more then lightsabers and their are tons of customization you can apply to your weapons including color crystals to change them.

Like JD said you don't play an MMO for it's graphics and it is indeed better then WoW graphics. The goal of most MMO's are to have obviously thousands of people playing if the graphics are equal to crysis do you really think the game would be popular? Most people can't afford computers to run some of the newer games, they would be kicking themselves in the ass as a mmo developer.

PvP is awesome granted the game just came out and their are quite a few bugs but it is a hell of lot more balanced then WoW pvp I can tell you that.

They already said why they won't release dungeon finder, it takes the social part of the game away. Blizzard over the years keep bowing to everyones bitching and needs thats how they work.. someone cries they make it easier till eventually everything is damn near automated and you find yourself bored.

Think about it I started WoW in patch 1.3. back when everything was a challenge, as WoW progressed the game got easier and easier and easier with the exception of BC content. You can level 1-85 now days without RAF in 2 days of playing... Dungeon ques are pretty fast for the most part you don't even have to talk to these people. Blizzard destroyed the social part of WoW.

So yeah I don't see a point in adding this and honestly it's easy to get a group anyways.

Yes, there are always gonna be haters and defenders. But i surely think everybody deserves to say their opinion. So please just read it, if u dont like it, tell me why? instead of hating, if u like, and got other things you think SWTOR needs post em here.

Alot of people say that this game is gonna Kill World Of Warcraft, i dont think so myself. And i dont see this game lasting longer than a year
    Not everyone is a fan of Warcraft, but I can promise you their are more sci fi star wars fans out their and more people who know what Star Wars is then their is people who know what Warcraft is...

As for how long it will last, I think it will last for years to come, WoW will likely never die, but they have been losing millions of players the past 2 quarters and with their new Pixar Studio "like" expansion they are going to lose even more. (I'm not saying the next wow expansion will be bad im just saying it's already hurting and it's not even out yet)

On a side note I played SWTOR in beta and I started early access on the 14th I have a level 41 Bounty Hunter Powertech (tank) and I love it... Everything about the game so far.. I still also play WoW but only log on during raid nights.

I say give the game about 2 months, then give it a try. If you base your decisions off what other people will say and not your own you will never really know.
    Last edited by rages4calm; 12-26-2011 at 03:14 AM.

Unicorn's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SWTOR is definitely not the worst MMO. It is the first MMO that has kept me playing without getting bored. The voice acting and the development of your character is outstanding. One of the only bad things about this game is the graphics (in a good way); Many players coming from WoW that have decent/old gaming rigs will have a tough time adjusting to the amazing graphics of SWTOR since they will be lagging a ton.

bts0uth's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the funnest game I have played in years. Leveling in WoW always felt like a chore and a grind.

This game masks the repeated quests quite well and it is the ONLY MMO I HAVE EVER ENJOYED LEVELING IN.

I raided end game in wow from TBC-Cata and this game is everything I wanted from WoW and more.

Once the UI is better and addons are available this game will be even better.

Also PVP is really fun, I hated it in WoW always and this game actually makes it fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast