0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scammed for 130k gold, what do i do?

Sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong section, but i wasn't sure where i should put it, and i really need some help.

I was fooled by a scammer today, one of the ones sellings mounts in trade chat. He told me he'd sell me a spectral tiger for 130k gold, and it proves that it was really too good to be true, so he took my gold and gave me a fake code that didn't work, then logged out and deleted the character.
    I surfed the net for a while on what to do, only to find out that according to alot of posts even writing to blizzard won't get me back my gold but hopefully his account will just get banned.
    What am i supposed to do? I didn't know that there's a difference in buying a Spectral Tiger code or just buying the tiger it self, but it seems that if you buy the code you won't get back ur gold.
    130k was all i had, and before earning all this on the AH on my old server (migrated, not the same economy on the new server so can't make gold the same way now) so i really want this back..

I hope somebody can help me out with what i should write to blizzard etc., so far i just explained the situation and i'm hoping for the best.

Scammed for 130k gold, what do i do?
    Ground Zero's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't really do anything mate, just be careful in the future and yea I know it sucks.

Killsomecero's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I got scammed for that amount I'd instantly quit WoW (Even though I don't even play it anymore.) Because I'm sick and god damn tired of people who don't give a single damn to a loyal player that's been giving them money and supporting them. If they return your money(after a long talk, ofc) then it's a truly caring company.

Vultus's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on age: "Hey Blizzard, my parents make me and my brother share an account and he gave someone a ton of gold and my parents grounded him but is there a way we can get the gold back?"

If they ask to speak to your parent, have a friend. Better if it's a girl as age is less easily determined.

Or:

"My son who plays on my account spent 130k on some mount and didn't get it. Can I get the gold back?"

Is probably your best shot at getting it back.

BaddyMcBad's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Vultus View Post
    Depending on age: "Hey Blizzard, my parents make me and my brother share an account and he gave someone a ton of gold and my parents grounded him but is there a way we can get the gold back?"

If they ask to speak to your parent, have a friend. Better if it's a girl as age is less easily determined.

Or:

"My son who plays on my account spent 130k on some mount and didn't get it. Can I get the gold back?"

Is probably your best shot at getting it back.
    Nope. Blizzard offers no support whatsoever in these types of claims.

TechnoKilla's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your best option would be to say to blizzard that you were hacked. They may return your money to you if they think that you were hacked.

Ground Zero's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TechnoKilla View Post
    Your best option would be to say to blizzard that you were hacked. They may return your money to you if they think that you were hacked.
    They could easily see that the IP was the same. =/

TheLordJesusHimself's Avatar Elite User Fuck am not Jewish. Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    141/268
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    see now what i wud have done is...

listen mate you use the code...

u get the tiger....

u trade me the tiger over trade with my cash?

if he said no then its bye bye

phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use a proxy to connect to WoW with a different I.P than your original one, make the ticket, and usually the GM is to lazy / doesn't care / etc to check the IP's, they just check to see if they match.

DeMoN's Avatar -==FiXeR==-
    Thanks G/R
    16/18
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if the conversation took place via in game chat there is a chance to get your gold back. as the gm can just look to see you were ignorant of game changes and naive enough to fall for this scam via the chat logs. file an in game ticket and be patient.

if the conversation was taken out of game say msn or the such you are sol.

3 restores per account, all tcg mounts and many items are now boe, try actually using google or doing some research on an item befor you mindlessly give gold away.

-DeMoN

TechnoKilla's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ground Zero View Post
    They could easily see that the IP was the same. =/
    Even if they see the ip is the same they may overlook that.

Clovian's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tigers are BOE, not very smart trading for the code. You are out of luck in this situation I believe.

Remus3's Avatar Hobby 3D Character Artist Ex-Super Mod CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TechnoKilla View Post
    Even if they see the ip is the same they may overlook that.
    Any wording of hacking goes to a level 2 csr. they do look at timestamps and ip changes.. getting on a proxy after the fact is also useless as per the other poster.

be straight with them. you failed to look up that the mount is boe and you thought it would have been safe to deal ingame. you got scammed and you're looking to get your gold back.

no need to lie to them.

Think before you post. You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

junkkiller's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok although you got most of the answers already let me sort it out for you as a former veteran scammer :
    DONT try to claim you was hacked cause they can see u wasnt and you will be banned for disturbing a GM'S work .
    do make a ticket if you had all the deal agreed in game chat since then u will be getting ur gold back and him banned.
    for the future : dont trust anything that seems too good to be true , if he is really selling for gold no reason he wont agree to redeem him self and just trade gold-mount.
    hope it clarifies everything and if u have anything regarding what you should do feel free to pm me , i have a large experience in the field and there is definetly something to be done

zaksterz's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks alot for the answers, not that they changed alot - i've always been the "polite" type of guy, i was never planning to lie at blizzard, just wanted to explain everything that happened etc., and yes it was all through ingame chat and if i was asked to go to MSN i would believe it was a scam or atleast illegal and i wouldn't have done it.

And yes, i'm not planning to EVER in my ****ing life buy a code or something like that, next time i'll get the boe items.

thank you everyone, i'll just hope to get a really nice GM

---------- Post added at 06:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 AM ----------

btw agree, my signature is retarded considering im a leecher, but i have forgot how to change it (made it like 3 years ago lol)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast