Thanks G/R
    16/25
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Tips&Trix] Things you may not know but will find useful.

Here's a few things you might not know about in Swtor.

- Press L > Codex > Persons of Note. Here you will find what your companions like and dislike. This will make it easier to gain affection with them through out the story.

- Shift Ctrl F = Show fps.

- If you chose the wrong conversation alternative and gained minus affection or good/evil, you can cancel the cinimatic by pressing Escape and do it all over.

- Pressing Ctrl + U twice reloads the UI. Useful when experiencing user interface bugs.

- You can reset your skill points by visiting a Skill Mentor, found in any major city next to the Guild Registrar in the Combat Training quarter.

- The daily Space Combat misson gives you a lot of XP and doesn't take you longer than 6 minutes to complete.

-
    In Illum battlefield there aren't any hostile Npcs. So you can gather nodes which require 290-360 skill quite easy. However, you might encounter players from the opposing faction there. If the opposing faction controls the area, you can take it back yourself and gain a buff that awards you up to 200 extra valor per warzone. You also get valor points and warzone commendations.

- On tatooine, there's a zone called Outlaw's den. 2-5 chests spawn there every 2 hours with 2k credits and 20 mercenary commendations inside. The whole run takes around 5 minutes. There's also a small chance of finding a rare vendor there which sells some rare stuff. VERY profitable with maxed slicing, you can earn 10-50k creds every day.
    Last edited by Freefall552; 12-20-2011 at 05:34 PM.
    Molested myself and got convicted.

[Tips&Trix] Things you may not know but will find useful.
    Seminko's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    35/89
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found out about the escape key just yesterday when I missclicked on a light side option

Duplicity's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ctrl Shift U, I believe, reloads UI if you get something bugged.

I'll confirm when I'm not lazy enough to log in.

Freefall552's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    16/25
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Duplicity View Post
    Ctrl Shift U, I believe, reloads UI if you get something bugged.

I'll confirm when I'm not lazy enough to log in.
    Doesn't work for me.

EDIT: Pressing Ctrl U two times however, reloads the UI.
    Last edited by Freefall552; 12-19-2011 at 11:34 AM.
    Molested myself and got convicted.

Drunn's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should use this thread to collect all of the tips and tricks, maybe even sticky it

On tatooine, there's a zone called Outlaw's den. 2-5 chests spawn there every 2 hours (not sure if it's every 2 hours or 2 hours after being looted) with 2ish k creds and 20 mercenary commendations inside. It's very nice to go there at least once per day before people catch up on this, as the whole run takes around 5 minutes, and you can pick up high level gathering nodes (290-360 skill) as well as have a shot on finding a rare vendor (unknown respawn timer, can be killed) with some rare stuff. VERY profitable with maxed slicing, netting me 10-50k creds every day.

You can also visit Illum battlefield (kinda like wintergrasp) and have a shot at gathering nodes (also 290-360 skill). If the opposing faction controls the area, you can take it back yourself and gain a buff that awards you up to 200 extra valour per warzone, and I also believe you get some valour and warzone commendations for doing it.

Space missions are a great thing to do every day, completing one for the 1st time awards around 20k xp, and doing daily space missions around 12k each. Considering none of them lasts longer than 6 minutes, it's a great boost to xp. Beware though at the moment some people are linking space missions with the pending bug (you can't complete missions, but they stay pending, making you unable to do any conversation, including leaving your own ship). So far I haven't encountered that bug so I can't be sure.

Auction house is a mess right now, you can get some materials for insanely low prices and sell them for more in a couple of weeks when the prices stabilise. Snatching rare or epic materials from mission proffesion for less than 500 creds each is a really great way to save cash, as most of the missions on higher skills cost 1k+ credits and you don't have such a huge chance to actually crit the misson and get epic stuff. For instance, i saw someone put 5 grade 4 epic medical supplies on AH for 2k creds and some epic biochem-only lvl 30 pots for only 1k each. Reverse engineered the pots and made my own stuff almost for free, granting me a couple of biochem levels as well. So far I've had little luck with making any credits on mission discoveries and rare weapons/mods, but that varies from server to server.

You can crit on reverse engineering, granting you a slightly better upgrade than normal upgrade. I reverse engineered a couple of green implants which I crafted, giving me a blue version of that implant with better stats. Afterwards, I reverse engineered more of the same green implant and got an "critical" blue vesion of it (with critical as 1st preffix) with slightly better stats than standard blue version.