Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making a fortune with lvl 77-79 Cata starters.

Cataclysm greens, alias the blooming market of twinking.

I've experienced on myself aswell, when you pvp in the 75-79 bracket, you will have around 15k hp at Max without these greens, making a huge gap between players, especially if you're not even using heirloom items.
    Most of the players will rush to the AH when reaching 77 to buy cata greens for every slot, practically willing to give hundreds of gold for a usual level 77 common green item.

What and what not to buy from the AH:

There are three levels which we will target here, 77-78-79 and the sell prices go down in this same order.
    Do NOT buy any crafted item, as they are usually low on price, and easy for mass production, which makes it not worth our time.
    The more types of stats it has, the more valuable it is. For example a Stam+int+crit+hit armor will be much more valuable than Stam+int, or worse, int+hit (since mass stamina is always vital for you in this bracket).

Methods of obtaining:

-You can either fetch them on the ah for 20-50gold at max,
    -go farm it yourself
    -or head to Vashj'ir or Hyjal and advertise in the general chat, something like "WTB all your lvl 77-79 cata greens for X gold, whisper the item and I'll tell if I need it".

People will whisper, if you see that the item is worth selling, well then, buy it, weapons, chest, legs are the most valuable.

I suggest you NOT to use the trade channel, since people will get a heads up and will start doing the same method as you, which you wouldn't want to happen.
    I tried to solo BRD with my mage since it has a really high chance of uncommon drops, but due to speed issues, it's not really profitable.

For those who use Auctionator:
    Armor/77/79/i272
    Weapon/77/79/i272

Profits:

Depending on the demand, a spellblade is sellable for around 160-250 gold, chest/legs for 115-180, other slot items for a few gold less than chest/legs, but you can experience with the prices.
    I can usually buy 10-12 items from the AH each day, and are sold within 24 hours.

Also a few extra non-related disenchanting tips:

-Greater Nether and Eternal essences have a high demand, you can make a little extra money by disenchanting greens:
    Armor/41/45
    Weapon/41/45
    Armor/51/60/i45/i65
    Weapon/51/60/i45/i65

-Greater Eternal Essences can be obtained in a more profitable and massive way:
    -
    [Enchanted Thorium Blades] disenchanting is quite a good method, altough you need a blacksmith (friend or character), it's possible to make thousands of gold if the mats are cheap, or you can also mine Thorium in silithus in no-time.
    Here's an excel spreadsheet for this:
    2shared - download AH Spreadsheet.xls

Last edited by Meltoor; 11-08-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Making a fortune with lvl 77-79 Cata starters.
    Spooch's Avatar Notice Me Senpai CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    134/62
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good job :)

I've been doing this for a while now, and it works perfectly +rep for the guide
    For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.