0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diablo 3 Beta Speedhack

Some guy posted a video of a D3 speed hack:

Diablo III Beta - Speedhack - YouTube

He's able to change his speed on the fly from really slow-motion running to super fast to speed past his enemies. The health globe, ability cooldowns and enemies all move at regular pace so there seems to be no video fast forwarding.
    Last edited by Alth; 09-29-2011 at 01:12 PM.
    why don't you?

Diablo 3 Beta Speedhack
    Jaerin's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umm this is a single player game which means that things like this will probably be super easy to do.

The only things probably protected by the server are going to be drops, inventory, character stats, that kind of thing. Game animations, position, and the like I'm sure are all client side. The disadvantages of non-dedicated servers.

*shrug* I'd guess this isn't that hard to do...

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/571
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jaerin View Post
    Umm this is a single player game which means that things like this will probably be super easy to do.

The only things probably protected by the server are going to be drops, inventory, character stats, that kind of thing. Game animations, position, and the like I'm sure are all client side. The disadvantages of non-dedicated servers.

This is not a single player game =P From what I have heard, the game structure seems to be similar to that of WoW, so you should expect that most things that work in WoW will work in D3.

eSko's Avatar YmxhY2tqYWNrJmhvb2tlcnM= CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    75/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that you play alone doesn't mean it's just regular single player game.
    As you can see from the emulation server section, you can't do shit without proper backend software - which means that almost everything is server-sided.

Sooo.. Yeah, thank you for your post. We all care about your opinion.

Update: I don't say that character speed is server-side protected or something, I just don't like your attitude. If it's so easy, go and make a speedhack yourself.
    Last edited by eSko; 09-30-2011 at 02:58 AM.

UnknOwned's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have tried with a bnet account and both speedhack and telehack works. The dirty telehack however did require some extra fiddling cause the game will crash if you don't update your scene pointers. But im pretty darn sure that Blizzard will go strict on this once the game comes out (RMAH and all). With that being said i fully agree with Sychotix, this is just another wow in terms of hacking.

One could hope that Blizzard actually take anti-cheat seriously this time around.

eSko's Avatar YmxhY2tqYWNrJmhvb2tlcnM= CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    75/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by UnknOwned View Post
    One could hope that Blizzard actually take anti-cheat seriously this time around.
    With real money auction house?
    Be sure they will... but there is always a way around. Look at Apple and jailbreak community.

Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by eSko View Post
    Update: I don't say that character speed is server-side protected or something, I just don't like your attitude. If it's so easy, go and make a speedhack yourself.
    Not sure why you're being particularly snarky to me considering all I was doing was insinuating that speed hacks and the like are more than likely not going to be that hard to do. Nowhere did I insinuate that I could make one, or that I was some how judging anyone. Considering virtually all single player games speedhacks aren't even protected, I suspected that the same would be true for D3. If that's not the case I stand corrected, but I doubted that Blizzard would be authenticating every piece of character location data without using dedicated servers.

So is D3 using dedicated servers or is one of the clients still considered to be the server with b.net acting as matchmaker?

DrakeFish's Avatar Lazy Leecher

Thanks G/R
    0/14
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure why you're being particularly snarky to me considering all I was doing was insinuating that speed hacks and the like are more than likely not going to be that hard to do. Nowhere did I insinuate that I could make one, or that I was some how judging anyone. Considering virtually all single player games speedhacks aren't even protected, I suspected that the same would be true for D3. If that's not the case I stand corrected, but I doubted that Blizzard would be authenticating every piece of character location data without using dedicated servers.

So is D3 using dedicated servers or is one of the clients still considered to be the server with b.net acting as matchmaker?
    Blizzard are using dedicated servers to host your games, those are not hosted by clients.

There is also no local single-player mode in Diablo 3. If you want to play alone, you will need to connect to your battle.net account, pick a character and start a private game.

Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DrakeFish View Post
    Blizzard are using dedicated servers to host your games, those are not hosted by clients.

There is also no local single-player mode in Diablo 3. If you want to play alone, you will need to connect to your battle.net account, pick a character and start a private game.
    I knew that much, but I didn't think that you'd be on your own dedicated server seems like it would be a really expensive method. I guess they want to make sure the game is secure even in private games.

DrakeFish's Avatar Lazy Leecher

Thanks G/R
    0/14
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew that much, but I didn't think that you'd be on your own dedicated server seems like it would be a really expensive method. I guess they want to make sure the game is secure even in private games.
    Why would they use a dedicated server for each game? They can host 20 games per server if they want.

Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DrakeFish View Post
    Why would they use a dedicated server for each game? They can host 20 games per server if they want.
    Dedicated servers as in not my hardware, I wasn't insinuating that they had 1 server per game.

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/571
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now now boys... arguing doesn't really get us anywhere. Try to stay on topic? =P

Also eSko, WoW will have a real money AH (tmk) as well. Unless they are continuing to beef up security in WoW, I don't really expect that much of a change. I would assume that whatever protection that Blizzard decides to implement in Diablo 3, it will likely be implemented into WoW as well.

I do (in a way) hope that they do beef up security, but that is more because I don't want to have the entire D3 community cheating. I'd prefer that most methods of hacking/botting remain fairly private, although I figure this will only be true for the first couple of months before an influx of free bots/hacks appear.

Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sychotix View Post
    Now now boys... arguing doesn't really get us anywhere. Try to stay on topic? =P

Also eSko, WoW will have a real money AH (tmk) as well. Unless they are continuing to beef up security in WoW, I don't really expect that much of a change. I would assume that whatever protection that Blizzard decides to implement in Diablo 3, it will likely be implemented into WoW as well.

I do (in a way) hope that they do beef up security, but that is more because I don't want to have the entire D3 community cheating. I'd prefer that most methods of hacking/botting remain fairly private, although I figure this will only be true for the first couple of months before an influx of free bots/hacks appear.

Not really arguing as much as a misunderstanding. Blue's have come out and emphatically denied there being a RMAH for WoW, but its only a matter of time really. Although with the reaction to even the announcement of the RMAH in D3 set off quite the shit-storm in the WoW community I'm not sure they are likely to tread into those waters anytime soon.

The main difference being, that D3 isn't really an MMO per se, and therefore anything you buy doesn't really affect others gameplay in the end. Its a subtle distinction, but I get the impression that Blizzard is using that nuance to make this a very grey area that allows them to ride the fence.

Thanks G/R
    75/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The WoW is slowly dying and there is no way they are bringing RMAH into it. In the "Titan", probably. But not in WoW.

zerrogh's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is not even a speed hack ... he just speedup his video...
    look at 0:30 the ping in the map, you gona see it speed it up

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast