4/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch Out: Diablo 3 Phishers

Hello fellow Owner's! Dr. Doom coming at you with another article about Diablo 3 Beta and letting you get a little sneak peak about what you should expect to see in the latest Diablo 3 Beta Phishing attempts. The people trying to scam your information are using Email. They are emailing letters to those of us in an attempt to snag our Battle.Net information for their own gains. Here is what you should expect to see in your email, these emails are often filtered into your "Trash/Spam" section, but some may get through to your "Inbox". Sorry if you have to squint a little, but I have to follow strict guidelines for images within my articles.

They are pretty easy to spot, because Blizzard Entertainment wouldn't go about that type of invitation system. You will most likely get an email that looks a LOT more professional and redirects you to a Battle.net link. As the phishers become more advanced, keep a better eye out for the fishy looking emails, no pun intended.

For those of you that are curious as to how they got your email, you can refer to this link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_crawler

I
    t's pretty general, but you'll want to focus on the "Web Spider" information. A spider is a program that can search for terms strictly relating to "@hotmail.com" "@gmail.com" and many more. It makes a list and people can use this for either good or bad. Primarily bad. Just thought I'd make a quick informative article for the public as we expect to see more official Diablo 3 Beta invites soon. I understand I may have talked about this with the "breaking news" article, but I didn't go into more depth with it.

What do you think? Will the phishers get more advanced as time goes on? Either way, just keep a closer eye out as more idea's and hacks come to the surface. We don't like seeing people get hacked! Thanks to my loyal readers and commenters!

User Pointed Out: "Blizzard wouldn't redirect you to a battle.net domain either. They would simply state that your Account is upgraded for the Beta and that you can download it in your account settings on battle.net or sth."

Last edited by Dr. Doom; 09-15-2011 at 06:56 AM.

Watch Out: Diablo 3 Phishers
    d3rrial's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Sir, I think everybody with common sense can see that those are scam mails. But nice of you to report it anyways
    Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    [...]They are pretty easy to spot, because Blizzard Entertainment wouldn't go about that type of invitation system. You will most likely get an email that looks a LOT more professional and redirects you to a Battle.net link. As the phishers become more advanced, keep a better eye out for the fishy looking emails, no pun intended.[...]
    Blizzard wouldn't redirect you to a battle.net domain either. They would simply state that your Account is upgraded for the Beta and that you can download it in your account settings on battle.net or sth.
    Last edited by d3rrial; 09-15-2011 at 06:28 AM.

Dr. Doom's Avatar Elite User

Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh really? I didn't know that, my bad. Thanks for the heads up, "_SkHiEnEgP_" I appreciate that. That'd make sense, that they just make it aware you're account has been upgraded. I'll add your opinion into the article.

dieguele's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I want to know if I can use wpe pro program in version 3.3.5a and if anyone knows some filters for that version, thanks

Dr. Doom's Avatar Elite User

Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea what you're asking dieguele :P