0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auto-Learn Spell Ranks

Hello all, I've been looking through Player.cpp and SpellMgr.cpp, and I'm convinced I can enable players to learn Rank 1 of a spell from a trainer (or begin with Rank 1 of a spell) and have the subsequent ranks auto-learned when leveling up. I know I can attach spells to be auto-learned like how the first two DK runes are auto-learned when you learn Runeforging, which can be used to learn abilities when you reach level 10 just like in Cata, but I'm trying to remove the lameness of spell ranks and returning to your trainer for a brand new Frostbolt when you should just get more proficient at it in the first place.

Any assistance in coding this, pointing me to the right direction, or simply slapping me and calling me an idiot and pointing out why would be appreciated. This community is usually pretty helpful so I'd really be thankful for some assistance. Thanks all!

Auto-Learn Spell Ranks
    Found's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be a table in db, that is called TrainerSpell blah blah blah, I can't remember, been too long. However just go in there and change the level to learn the spell down to what ever you wish, and remove *or just turn off* spells rank 10<. If this is wrong I may be WAAAAAY out of date, I just don't know.