Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blizzard Entertainment Offering Paid Guild Name Changes Soon?

There has been wide speculation as to why Blizzard's Game Masters don't allow guild name changes as often as needed. Might we have the answer here within this article? I believe so. Two different players (that I'm quoting) are complaining that they weren't allowed to get a name change for their guild's as requested, and both of them had replies from Game Master's or "blues" and they gave a vague reply that basically said they will be offering paid guild name changes in the near future. Here is the original post from a user named Preliatus, who asked,

Alright, so last night I submitted a ticket asking for a guild name change. Other than side tracking the Game Master at first this certain Game Master felt unprofessional, but aside from the fantastic 5 hour wait time, which I got to congratulate Customer Support on.

Anyways this Game Master told me there is a new Guild Renaming feature coming soon and even though I currently don't like my current guild name I was told to wait until this new service comes out to change my guild name.

I feel like I was either fed hogwash, or given a response that would be suitable to someone begging to get their name changed. So my question is is there -really- a service coming out that allows me to change the name of my guild without GM assistance, or was I just fed a big fat lie from a Gamemaster who was too lazy to help me out?
    After that little wall of text has critted you for over 9000, check out the response from Zenlyth, a blue poster.

Unfortunately, we do not have a service for guild name changes available upon request. There are very few times where we would grant a guild name change under certain circumstances. The new feature is in the works as mentioned in the previous blue posts, and when it is available you will be able to change the name if you wish, but for now this is not a service we offer.

Another user posted in Preliatus's thread and quoted a segment of another blue post from Netherea.

Guild leaders who do not want a change of scenery may also choose to pick a new guild name using another new service. These services are in development and we will be providing additional details at a future point in time.

Another user named Hardkore also asked the same question, quoting:

Blizzard needs to do something about this issue. I have had several friends that have had this done by a gm and two of them had it done recently within the past few months. Yet for some reason when I ask to have it done they can't help me. I have already gotten over my initial frustration and I have not renewed my account because I really feel like it is a bunch of bs. All I want is a straight answer or a solution to solve this issue. I don't wanna hear "sorry, we can't help you at this time, go read our forums". I've read every thread, forum, and have done hours of research. If Blizzard is going to charge real money for this service (like they do with everything else) I would most likely pay to have it done because I'm that aggrevated by this. You should not be doing this for some people for free and then say it can't be done for others. It obviously can be done and I'm sure it only takes a few seconds for your game techs to make the change so why the big run-around??? I have quit playing WoW and do not plan on returning unless I get some real answers for such a simple issue.

Another wall of text, and more of a rant than a question, but there was also a reply from Zenlyth, the same person who was giving gratification to the fact that there is a guild name change service in the works. Here is Zenlyth's reply to Hardkore:

I answered this yesterday for a similar issue, which applies to your request:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3082033175#10

Unfortunately, we do not have a service for guild name changes available upon request. There are very few times where we would grant a guild name change under certain circumstances. The new feature is in the works as mentioned in the previous blue posts, and when it is available you will be able to change the name if you wish, but for now this is not a service we offer.
    Enough of the quotations, you guys get the idea! What I'm getting at is, that there is more than enough proof that there is a Guild Name Change Service in the works, and I am curious as to when it will be announced. Us as players can only speculate so much, as there are multiple things to consider. Will it be released before Patch 4.3? Will it be released before the next WoW Expansion? How do they go about preparing people for it? Those are the type of things to consider, and ask yourself. I am more than positive as soon as that option is available, you'll see it put to use. I am curious as to what they are going to charge us for this "service," $10? $25? Most likely a price people are willing to pay. Does the decision stem from greed? or efficiency? Most likely greed, but clearly people are willing to pay for something as silly as this. A lot of players won't be surprised by this action as Blizzard is offering pets, mounts, and more for the sweet greenbacks. All we can do at this point is simply wait, and speculate how this is going to turn out. What is everyone's opinion on the subject? Thanks for reading.

SOURCES:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3082213760
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3082033175#10
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...90574?page=1#1
    Last edited by Dr. Doom; 09-01-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Blizzard Entertainment Offering Paid Guild Name Changes Soon?