2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DotA 2 Gamescom 2011 Debut Trailer

So they finally put out a trailer at this years Gamescom.

To be honest my expectations on the game are still pretty low. It seems just like the original DotA running on a new engine, with slightly better graphics.

What are your guys thoughts?

DotA 2 Gamescom 2011 Debut Trailer
    Parog's Avatar Kitsune Da-O! M.L.G. CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    540/266
    Trade Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's a bad thing for DotA 2 to be extremely close to the original, with polished graphics and a new engine ( as long as it's smooth. )

DotA was an exceptional game and with how extensive the different scenarios can be when you factor in so many variables ( Damage of every skill at each level, buffs, champion utility, items and how they affect everything, how all of this work in a teamfight, ect ) it pretty much is as balanced as it can get. Most RTS players, including me, want a game that require skill to play, without lag and good graphics are a bonus as long as they're not a screen clutter.

I will be playing DotA 2 until my eyes bleed, until the noobs cry and I will carry randoms until I get into a team that gets somewhere.

Expect to see a champion review for each champion once it comes out.
    What's a Parog?
    Looking for competitive Valorant team!

Igzz's Avatar ✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    59/76
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Parog View Post
    I don't think it's a bad thing for DotA 2 to be extremely close to the original, with polished graphics and a new engine ( as long as it's smooth. )

DotA was an exceptional game and with how extensive the different scenarios can be when you factor in so many variables ( Damage of every skill at each level, buffs, champion utility, items and how they affect everything, how all of this work in a teamfight, ect ) it pretty much is as balanced as it can get. Most RTS players, including me, want a game that require skill to play, without lag and good graphics are a bonus as long as they're not a screen clutter.

I will be playing DotA 2 until my eyes bleed, until the noobs cry and I will carry randoms until I get into a team that gets somewhere.

Expect to see a champion review for each champion once it comes out.
    Parog we should queue up together

If you're good I can see and maybe get you into eMazing Gaming [eMg]

Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the trailer looks smooth and all but as I might have said before, a cartoon style is always a cartoon style. Not that I don't like it, it's good Valve made dota2 something unique.
    Polished graphics are good, and I'm glad they didn't go for big changes on heroes and gameplay style. Can't wait to get into dota 2 team matches, they will be awesome.

Igzz's Avatar ✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    59/76
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Xel View Post
    Well, the trailer looks smooth and all but as I might have said before, a cartoon style is always a cartoon style. Not that I don't like it, it's good Valve made dota2 something unique.
    Polished graphics are good, and I'm glad they didn't go for big changes on heroes and gameplay style. Can't wait to get into dota 2 team matches, they will be awesome.
    The graphics were expected to be somewhat cartoonish, since it is after-all ran on the TF2 engine.

Dr. Doom's Avatar Elite User

Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the CryEngine was from Crysis? Aye ya yaye, I can't keep up with it all! D: