Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Rigs For BF3?

Hey Guys,

I was just curious as to what rigs people are using these days, and what they plan to use to play Battlefield 3. I am really curious as to what people still use these days and what people are able to put up with, because games seem to be moving forward, but the people aren't seeming to be able to keep up with the intensity. You can even post your dream rig, or pictures of your own and let us know the specs and what you were able to run Battlefield: Bad Company 2 at and so forth.

I recently saw a website that offered nice pre-built boxes that have some real kick to em. I'm saving up for this at the moment, might take a little bit but I'll just have to put up with what I have now for Battlefield 3.

Here's my dream:

http://www.falcon-nw.com/promo/icon2

Has some pretty interesting information on the whole setup. I know you don't need an i7 for gaming, but I like to do video/music producing, as well as some photoshop stuff, so it wouldn't hurt to have it. These rigs will hold you off for quite some time, so the investment might be great.

I wouldn't mind having a transparent case, and some nice lighting within it, but it just doesn't look too good if you don't have the $$ for the whole setup.

Anyway, that's the rig I REALLY want before BF3 comes out, so I can max the settings and give the game some wear and tear

Lemme know what you guys are rocking, or are going to be rocking soon!

Thanks,

Dr. Doom

New Rigs For BF3?
    ally4821's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, won't be updating my Xbox 360

shadowsx's Avatar Bawx Lurker CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My current rig is about 1.5 years old and it cost me 1400$ usd or so to build and it has run every game ive thrown at it on max settings.

Tbh BF3 doesn't look all that much more better than BC2 so I should be fine running it maxed, that is if i don't get it for xbox or at all for that matter.

More of a COD fan myself.

Also Falcon NW is insanely overpriced. I would recommend building it yourself, it will save you tons of money.

Dr. Doom's Avatar Elite User

Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like PC gaming more than all those other consoles, just personal preference.

I agree on Falcon NW being over priced, I mainly just want those parts so I can have a beast setup. I usually purchase my computer stuff on directron or amazon

What is inside ur rig? I'd imagine really nice components since its 1400 dollars

Andeby's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still want to get Sandy-Bridge but I have a 6990 so I hope I will be quite set.
    Pigpoo//Sleep~Away:
    One day I try to get it on, nothing happens

Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah my friend, whos a total techy was telling me about the Sandy-Bridge i7's and what not. I might be doing some jobs soon, so thats what I'm aiming for processor wise. I really estimate a new rig for me, including a monitor (to match the hd graphics) is gonna run me like 1800 bucks >_<

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    Yeah my friend, whos a total techy was telling me about the Sandy-Bridge i7's and what not. I might be doing some jobs soon, so thats what I'm aiming for processor wise. I really estimate a new rig for me, including a monitor (to match the hd graphics) is gonna run me like 1800 bucks >_<
    I'd go for an i5-2500k unless you do video rendering and photo editing. i7 Sandy Bridge doesn't add much gaming-wise.
    Pigpoo//Sleep~Away:

phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just built my dream computer on Falon, 24 grand 0.0 Don't think I'll be grabbing that anytime soon

Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, yeah I was just dreaming phantom :P and yeah thats what I was thinking Andeby. Since I'll be doing stuff with Photoshop. Nothing crazy like video rendering, and I plan to get an SSD drive, I guess those are one of the biggest upgrades as well.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    Haha, yeah I was just dreaming phantom :P and yeah thats what I was thinking Andeby. Since I'll be doing stuff with Photoshop. Nothing crazy like video rendering, and I plan to get an SSD drive, I guess those are one of the biggest upgrades as well.
    Well you won't see an fps difference getting an SSD, just much faster load times. Anything that concerns reading and writing really.
    Pigpoo//Sleep~Away:

Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah that makes sense, my friend said he could boot up his computer and be working, within like 8 seconds. I really want an SSD drive! I just got a job too, so I'll be thinking of my new beauty

d3rrial's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SSDs are pretty expensive atm... I have a 60GB SSD four about 140$ and its just way too small: It only contains Windows 7, Adobe Master Suite CS5 and some Images for my RAMDisc. And its full... I would rather recommend a 256GB SSD (But they cost a damn lot of money) or 2 Western Digital Velociraptors in RAID 0. For CPU I would recommend an i5 2500K and some overclocking. Graphics: For lower Budget I would recommend 2x 550Ti for SLI for higher budget a 580 or equal AMD Cards...

I am waiting with an upgrade until Ivy Bridge is released, because it promises much lower power consumption (thus less heat) at the same arithmetic performance.

ATM I run a 965BE as CPU, a single GTX460 as GPU, MSI 870A-G54 as Mainboard, 4GB Corsair CM3X2G1600C9DHX Kit + 8GB Mushkin 991770 Kit

I guess that'll be enough for the first few months of Battlefield gaming

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    550Ti's are so shit dont waste your money, your better off crossfiring XFX 6870 Black Editions.
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.