Trade Feedback
    29 (93%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OwnedCore Daily Raffle FAQ

1. What is the OwnedCore Daily Raffle?
    This is a daily raffle that you automatically can participate in, we will be giving away (to start) $5 gift cards to Amazon.

2. How do I enter the raffle?
    You are automatically entered each time you make a new thread or post. Sometimes we will have specific forums we'd like you to post in order to gain raffle tickets.

3. How do I get raffle tickets?

Every single time you make a new post or thread you will gain raffle tickets which will add up to get a % of all the raffle tickets from other members. If you are a DONATOR then you get double the raffle tickets.

4. +1 can you explain that please and % of raffle tickets?
    Sure. Think of this like March Madness, but with 128 "Basketball Teams". It's a bracket.

I'll break it down for you:

- There are 512 'Spots' up for grabs each day
    - Every time you make a new post or thread, you get +1 raffle ticket (Not spot, but raffle ticket)
    - We take your total number of raffle tickets and divide that by the overall number and that gives us your total amount of Slots you get.

Here's an example:

There's 512 Slots (Or brackets remember) up for grabs.

Looks similar to this:

You did 20 posts and 2 threads and got +30 raffle tickets
    ALL the users did a total 200 raffle tickets

200 raffle tickets total, you did 20 of those. So you get 10% of the SLOTS.

10% of the slots (128 total remember) means you get 12.8 slots.

Wow that's clear as mud, can you explain it better?
    It will makes sense once it's live. We will show you the brackets and breakdown

5. How is the winner chosen?
    We will go round by round, just like the March Madness in Men's College Basketball. Each round will be a coin flip every 5 minutes. You can watch the progress. You will be matched up head to head against someone. So we start with 512 then flip a coin, down to 256, down to 128, down to 64, down to 32, then 16, then 8, then 4, then 2 then a winner.

6. So question, if I have 12 slots out of 512, I could be competing against myself?
    Yup

7. What else do I need to know?
    You will have 24 hours to claim your prize, so check the page often. Also, new members will have to wait 7 days before they can participate in this new promotion.
    Last edited by Ket; 08-11-2011 at 03:32 PM.

OwnedCore Daily Raffle FAQ
    TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you need to sign up or Opt in for this or are all members automaticly entered for this (disregarding previously mentioned exclusions)

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

shadowsx's Avatar Bawx Lurker CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds uhh.. confusing.. but i'll play along for chance at money. :P

Ket's Avatar Legendary
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    600/313
    Trade Feedback
    29 (93%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Each time you make a new thread or post you automatically gain raffle tickets and are eligible to gain a spot in the bracket.

bonehand's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't it just be easier to select one out of the ~2000 points earned in a day, say #634, the person who earned point #634 is shadowsx for example, thus he gets the prize?

I mean, I love using random functions, hell, even programming my own random functions that I learned in my graduate statistical analysis courses...but dividing up eveyone into a bracket that statistically nullifies probability (a persone with 1 point might be matched against someone with 99 points if there were only two posters all day). In all likelyhood, the person with 99 points is going to be just as likely to win the first round as the other, however shadowsx with 1 post has a .1953% chance to win, despite him having 1% of the points. This is the counter to small sets.

If there are MORE than 512 people earning points ever day, then certainly there must be rules to choose whom is nominated to fill those 512 spots. If on a heavy day such as wow patches or new game releases then any method to limit the number of participants in the raffle is defeating the purpose of the raffle. If it is just based on post count, you choose the top 512, then what is the point in posting that one epic thread shadowsx created that provides a massive exploit to game XYZ. He worked all day on a post, making important videos to assist the commmunity in a way that is much more than some random spammer trying to compete to be in the raffle, but he is totally excluded on the grounds that there are only 512 spots for the top posters...this is to counter limiting the selection pool.

Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ket View Post
    Each time you make a new thread or post you automatically gain raffle tickets and are eligible to gain a spot in the bracket.
    That makes more sense. Thanks .

Btw these smiles are weird lol.

Zab's Avatar OC Owner

Thanks G/R
    6/63
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bonehand View Post
    Wouldn't it just be easier to select one out of the ~2000 points earned in a day, say #634, the person who earned point #634 is shadowsx for example, thus he gets the prize?

I mean, I love using random functions, hell, even programming my own random functions that I learned in my graduate statistical analysis courses...but dividing up eveyone into a bracket that statistically nullifies probability (a persone with 1 point might be matched against someone with 99 points if there were only two posters all day). In all likelyhood, the person with 99 points is going to be just as likely to win the first round as the other, however shadowsx with 1 post has a .1953% chance to win, despite him having 1% of the points. This is the counter to small sets.

If there are MORE than 512 people earning points ever day, then certainly there must be rules to choose whom is nominated to fill those 512 spots. If on a heavy day such as wow patches or new game releases then any method to limit the number of participants in the raffle is defeating the purpose of the raffle. If it is just based on post count, you choose the top 512, then what is the point in posting that one epic thread shadowsx created that provides a massive exploit to game XYZ. He worked all day on a post, making important videos to assist the commmunity in a way that is much more than some random spammer trying to compete to be in the raffle, but he is totally excluded on the grounds that there are only 512 spots for the top posters...this is to counter limiting the selection pool.
    We've been using this system on PokerOwned for awhile.

Basically what it does, instead of us saying HEY, BoneHand won today, you can watch yourself. We figured it would be sort of lame to just 'announce' a winner.

We've actually been kicking around ideas of earning 'weighted coins' where you could perhaps get a 60\40 advantage in one round sort of thing. Instead of your standard raffle, we decided to make it little more fun to watch.

To answer your question if more than 512 people earn points, we have fixed that issue. When you get points, you don't earn a SLOT. You earn a % of the slots. So the more points you have, the more % you have thus the more Slots you will earn.

If you own 256 points out of 1024 TOTAL points (25%) then you would get 25% of the slots (512 * 25 = 128 slots). Clear as mud?
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

Ket's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    600/313
    Trade Feedback
    29 (93%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The person with 99 points would 5% of all the slots which would be 25 spots while the person with 1 point would just get one so odds are far better.

CimSlunt's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like this. Although im presuming you have some sort of forum plugin handling all this and not someone having to sit watching each thread for everyone's posts lol.

Ket's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    600/313
    Trade Feedback
    29 (93%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes the actually raffle page will be shown soon. Just doing some finishing touches on it.

Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Besides this raffle will there be any more contests soon (like the ones in the past)?

eSko's Avatar YmxhY2tqYWNrJmhvb2tlcnM= CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    75/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wonder how much spamming will this spawn...

Zab's Avatar OC Owner

Thanks G/R
    6/63
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by eSko View Post
    I just wonder how much spamming will this spawn...
    You need at least 100 characters to get credit. Which is about 1 1/2 sentences for the normal user.

I am sure mods will mod the forums like always and ban the spammers
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

eSko's Avatar YmxhY2tqYWNrJmhvb2tlcnM= CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    75/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the clarification
    That's good there is a minimum character count requirement...

TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does one claim there prize

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast