Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you make lots of money botting SWTOR?

People were making 40k$ back in wow days of 2004-2008. Then prices plumeted and wow is dead.

Will SWTOR be the new WOW for botters and gold sellers to make big money?

Can you make lots of money botting SWTOR?
    Clovian's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Impossible to say until the game is released. There is no way we can no how easily it will be to acquire currency, how many people will play, how big the gold sinks are, etc. There are too many variables to make an educated guess at this point. The main thing that will decide the profitability of this game will be the gold sinks and popularity of the game.

thomasden2's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well from what i understand it's very easy to get the currency, like ekstremly, if you don't send out your companions out all the time, then you should have enough and way more, so i don't think there will be a bi market for gold sellers, sure there will be some, that happens to almost any mmo. Maybe powerleveling can be a hit, since from what there has been released, and a somethings that hasn't it takes a long time to get to max level

piree's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by thomasden2 View Post
    Well from what i understand it's very easy to get the currency, like ekstremly, if you don't send out your companions out all the time, then you should have enough and way more, so i don't think there will be a bi market for gold sellers, sure there will be some, that happens to almost any mmo. Maybe powerleveling can be a hit, since from what there has been released, and a somethings that hasn't it takes a long time to get to max level
    Well, they said the mobs wouldn't give you much experience, so farming mobs with a both will take very long to reach the max level.
    As for botting in general, I don't know how easy it is to farm materials for things you want to make, but as you can send out your companion to get some of the materials for you, i don't see a huge market in it. Unless you can provide an unlimited supply at prices lower then the costs to send a companion out to get it for them.

Maybe for rare items it's possible, items only some mobs drop and can't be acquired by sending your companion out, but that would mean there will be others also looking for the same material, and they might report you.

But as long as the game isn't out yet, we can't be sure about how good it is to bot in swtor.

Ket's Avatar Legendary
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    600/313
    Trade Feedback
    29 (93%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People will certainly try as demand for credits should be very strong. I don't expect tor to be bigger than wow but it will be a major game.

Clovian's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hope this game has some decent gold sinks. I remember when people were paying $25 for 100g in vanilla wow, and things like epic mounts at 1000g took quite a long time to solo farm.

DeMoN's Avatar -==FiXeR==-
    Thanks G/R
    16/18
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as with every new game the real money is going to be made by those who know how to exploit game mechanics and what to look for. historically there has never been a game that on release hasn't had multiple item/currency dupes or the game protection remain unbroken. until more information about economy, crafting, etc etc comes to light everything else such as botting is just mere speculation.

zycamzip's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    17/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The people who have beta accounts, and learn to level the fastest, will be the ones who make the most money. These are the people who will initially control the market, till the Chinese get into the game and start farming. In new games, it takes 1-2 months for chinese farmers to get in the game, so you will have the greatest chance of making money in the first 1-2 months. After that, prices will sink with Chinese farmers and bots sliding into the game.

Omidus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the beta and I have to say seeing a thread like this isn't surprising to me, but still seems rather pathetic to be already planning on botting when the game isn't even going retail.

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it is very unlikely it will be like WOW back when it started. Why?? Because, the MMO gold seller infrastructure and market wasn't in place then like it is now, which allowed the few people that were doing it to make a lot of money.

You see MMOs were around, but they weren't multi-million person MMOs. I think everquest was the top dog back in the day with a whole massive 450k membership. So, people caught on, and flooded the market with competition and more and more creative ways to farm gold, allowing the prices to get cheaper and cheaper.

Also, just because it's easy to make gold doesn't mean you will be able to make more, it just means the gold will be cheaper for larger amounts. Think of it this way. When Vanilla WOW first came out, having 1000g was a lot of money. It used to cost as much as 150-200 dollars for 1000g in vanilla days. I know that may seem shocking, but gold was much harder to earn back in the day. Also, there is something we call inflation. The more gold there is in the market and the more money everyone has, the less it's worth. TBC rolled around, higher rewards from questing... but also daily quests and more years of gold piling in caused about a 500% inflation over 2 years. So, while 1000g was a lot in Vanilla, in TBC, 5000g people would be more inclined to say was a lot. Same thing happened in WOTLK, and the same thing is happening in CATA. All I am saying is just cause it's easy to earn gold, doesn't mean it'll be more valuable. More than likely, it means it'll be worth even less cause people will have less a demand to buy it if it's that much easier.

Anyway, there is always potential to make some good money though at the start of these ventures, so I think it's a worthy risk. But, be aware that it is still an unknown on how well it will actually do. IMO, the real money is going to be botting in Diablo 3, but that's just my speculation.

Sirmabus's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could make good money and farm items from boting.
    Killing MOBs and just like most MORPG have elite MOB/bosses that drop rare loot that will sell well, etc.

Also a nice thing there are a lot of private/group instances with good potential for boting unseen.

Although it does look like they have anti-cheat people working on the game.
    There are some things in the client called "Antihack", so it remains to be seen..

Also there could be reason to bot for crafting skill and resources.
    Last edited by Sirmabus; 10-21-2011 at 05:59 PM.

Evilphtbstrd's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO I think swtor is already eliminating the need for bots . Need some mats farmed send out your companions while you sleep , log back in and mats are there . The reason I bot in wow is to take the boredom away , flying around a zone for hours farming ? Screw that .

I don't think the average player like me will need to bot anymore , they are bringing the "game" back to this MMO and removing the boring parts.

Most people start botting cos they get bored of having to take time away from the game to farm for hours.

Thunderballs's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Omidus View Post
    I'm in the beta and I have to say seeing a thread like this isn't surprising to me, but still seems rather pathetic to be already planning on botting when the game isn't even going retail.
    Pathetic we are not lol.

I'd love you to explain your logic.

What I would say on the gold issue is that there are always players willing to buy game currency becasue they want an advantage. Simple economics dictate that if there are items available that are in relatively short supply and relatively high demand thast the price of those will rise. If game currency is plentiful, then the price will simply rise.

The real issue for currency farmers is what the overall level of demand will be after a few months. If you can sit at end game and not need to spend hours getting currency and still buy all the items you can for your character, then there simply isn't any need for more currency ... so no decent market will exist for it.

The alt issue offers some potential though. People will want to play and gear up alts and if they can do this with bought gear many will buy currency for that.

Any mmorpg that doesn't have a vibrant economy suffers because the economy gives players a very strong incentive to carry on playing and adds complexity.

There will be a market for accounts and there will be bots developed for the game.

How good Bioware are at finding them and shutting them down without knackering their customer base , we will see.

There may be good money to be made buying accounts after the first month is up and selling on their assets but only if you can get them cheaply and there is a market for the currency on them.
    Last edited by Thunderballs; 11-04-2011 at 06:31 AM.