Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No approval of ads after 10hrs but already receiving spam from sites...

I posted my first two ads today on the site after being told this is the place to sell accounts. I signed up, posted the ad and it showed up. Then a few hours later I went to add a second one and it said it had to be reviewed by moderators before posting. A little while later I went back and edited my first one (adding a link to the armory for the toons). Now that ad is listed, but there is no ad when you click on it. Have not heard about approval from the second one either.

But now i'm suddenly getting email advertising from other Owned sites. I find it rather disheartening that a site with such a rep would quickly put a new users email into spam mail lists right away but won't spend a second to check/approve their ads. Seems a bit rude.

I hope this was a simple oversite.

No approval of ads after 10hrs but already receiving spam from sites...
    Multitask's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have no idea what your talking about. but prob has to do with you being a new user and lack of forum knowledge?

awownoob's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've read enough to know that approval takes awhile could be a day or so.. but with suddenly receiving email advertising from other Owned sites.. that seems a bit well unprofessional is all I am saying. I plan on doing the ID Verified thing once I sell my accounts (if I do) as I have other accounts coming up that will be ready to sell.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what sort of emails have you received then? since we dont send out spam, only a newsletter. (to my knowledge)
    Awownoob the approval system is to fight the spam We receive quite a lot of spam from china and russia so that is to prevent that, once you get above 10 posts then this should not be a problem anymore. IF i remember correctly

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kurios: like I stated i'm not concerned about the emails themselves.. but its the fact that we are not approved for posting yet we are instantly put into emailing lists. From experince, thats very unprofessional. The emails were from your Poker Owned site (received 5 of them within 30 minutes last night). THey were the same, so I am guessing a glitch caused the duplication.

And even now after acknowledge of an admin on this post, my 2 ad's are still in their hold state (one is posted but blank) and the other has not been posted at all. If it takes creating 10 posts to make it happen, I request something be put on the posting page stating that you won't get to post your ad til you post 10 times elsewhere. Or put a lock some where in the system that prevents it all together.

The 'approval' system needs an overhall i think as its lacking seriously.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    yes we only want one thread at any given time in trade, if you wish to sell multiple accounts then put them into one thread

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats cool.. totally understandable.. but my currently posted ad is blank.. so ya... no ability to edit it or nothing when I load it up.

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the threads you are creating just wait for the section mod to approve it. As for the emails, PM the site owner Ket about this as he deals with the majority of owned sites
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.