0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How profitable is Rift?

Hello, I figure platinum is the main currency of Rift(never actually played the game), now I ask those that do play. Does Rift allow for trading platinum for real world money, are the prices good compared to the time it takes to gather the platinum and do they actively ban people who do trade platinum for real currency? And as last, do they have a warden-like program embedded in the game client?

How profitable is Rift?
    Narugold's Avatar Sergeant Major

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Market is somewhat expanding bots are starting to appear, tough to say atm, the next 2 months look good, but after that its tough because things might change.

People might leave, game might lose it's appeal , for me rift is in the same pot as AION,AOC,War.

Game deffinately has some protection, it has "gold farmers" and sellers just like any other game

Daeity's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Erlarkar View Post
    Hello, I figure platinum is the main currency of Rift(never actually played the game), now I ask those that do play. Does Rift allow for trading platinum for real world money, are the prices good compared to the time it takes to gather the platinum and do they actively ban people who do trade platinum for real currency? And as last, do they have a warden-like program embedded in the game client?
    You can sell platinum for about $0.08/p to Chinese resellers and about $0.10-0.30/p to US-based operations (however their demand is far lower, and they typically deal with regular/trusted suppliers only). Prices are about comparable to WoW based on the amount you can obtain (maybe a little bit above for now anyways). By the time you hit level 30, you should have at least 100-150p just from questing and auctioning drops.

Trion isn't banning gold buyers/sellers and they won't for a while - so right now is the best time to buy/sell gold. It's not in their best interest to ban those players since they're trying to make as much revenue and subscribers as possible. They'll ban _botters_ however if there's a complaint brought forwards, so it's the highly visible ones that get caught. They have mechanisms in place to detect botting, although is very simple right now and not actively utilized.. like I said, the highly visible botters that cause customer complaints will get banned, the others have a free pass for at least the next few months. Even hackers/cheaters have been given a free pass since launch with no repercussions or bans (e.g. item duping, stacking weapons in one hand, infinite nodes, boss exploits, etc). Right now, it's more important to grow subs.

fredrik1984's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daeity, according to Trion they did ban quite alot of people in the first few days of launch. Those that were actively exploiting teleportation and such methods. Ive yet to get a single whisper ingame on my EU server about gold selling though so it can't be widespread yet.
    Those exploits you refer to were fixed within a day of it going public, not sure how long it took them to fix it after it was known to a small amount of people though.

Daeity's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by fredrik1984 View Post
    Daeity, according to Trion they did ban quite alot of people in the first few days of launch. Those that were actively exploiting teleportation and such methods. Ive yet to get a single whisper ingame on my EU server about gold selling though so it can't be widespread yet.
    Those exploits you refer to were fixed within a day of it going public, not sure how long it took them to fix it after it was known to a small amount of people though.
    Can you link a source to that ban information? I haven't seen anything like that yet, but would be interested to see that statistics.

Since launch, I've been PVP AFKing, teleporting/speed hacking, gold selling, and I was using that infinite node for a couple days with a bot, etc. I'm being pretty obvious about it too on the client end (e.g. not trying to mask the software I'm using). It's been a month and still no problems.

There were plenty of forum bans of course, but that's a completely different matter.

lostsk8r's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    15/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only there were reliable bots around though, I prefer injected ones not autoit.

fredrik1984's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Daeity View Post
    Can you link a source to that ban information? I haven't seen anything like that yet, but would be interested to see that statistics.

Since launch, I've been PVP AFKing, teleporting/speed hacking, gold selling, and I was using that infinite node for a couple days with a bot, etc. I'm being pretty obvious about it too on the client end (e.g. not trying to mask the software I'm using). It's been a month and still no problems.

There were plenty of forum bans of course, but that's a completely different matter.
    I wish I could link it but Ive spent the last 30 minutes trying to find the page where I saw the post. It was around the end of the headstart where Trion wrote about what had happened during the headstart and what their plans for the close future was.
    So, Im sorry but I cannot back up my post atm with a link. Also wether or not they did ban someone or not in the beginning doesnt really matter because from reading forums and such alot of people are complaining about botters and platinum sellers. So chances are they might have banned a few in the headstart but are now keeping quiet about it.