0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] Instance Swapping

I am copy and pasting this from my other post so other people can see it too and we dont have people asking the same question

Please Note this is a rough version of what is to come and is simply a synapsis for those who pick it up from this great.. for all others.. ill do the work later=)

Ill take the time to write a more detailed guide up if you really need it, but for now.. Find the instance you which to change TO in both the patch.mpq and the terrain.mpq and extract them both. overlay all of the patch.mpq files into the terrain.mpq folders to make sure you dont miss anything. Now take the file you know it fits with (The most common is Scholo-ED) and use a batch renamer to do all the work. I.e Change all of the .adt's .wpl, and .wdt from say EmeraldDream_25_29.adt to SchoolofNecromancy_25_29.adt. Be sure not to change the tile panes (the #'s) Just the names.

1) Go into MWCS and create your speech2.mpq.
    2) Add the folder with the correct treepath, For Scholo it should be world\maps\schoolofnecromancy\schoolofnecromancy_*_*.adt, wpl, wdt ect.
    3) once all of the files are correctly implemented save and close under (p)
    4) Drop the speech2.mpq into your data folder and zone into scholo.

Note: Make sure you have at least 76% health when you zone or you will die, as you typically fall quite a ways.
    Extended notes: You cannot do all instances to all instances, sometimes the files just dont fit. So alot of it will be trial and error.

Hope this helps, Best of luck

Somethingcool

[Guide] Instance Swapping
    Dullface's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Instance Swapping (lazy mans guide, to be updated further)

I'm quite clueless.
    Please water me.

Lazyman234's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lazyman's guide? =p
    If you had a vag, I'd pound you.

Iazin12192's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sweet this is a straight up guide. it helped me do the emerald dream and scholomance thing. im currently walkin around the emerald dream actually...but i have a question mabye you would know. is there any OTHER instance you could do with the emerald dream? cause Scholomance gives it a like dark tint of haze, kinda like tirisfal glades. mabye you would know?

thanks,
    Anthony

epicxsg's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a mega-noob at this stuff, though trying to learn as much as I can. So I can try this, what program would I use to do this?

SomethingCool525's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea this isnt really a guide for the noobish, learn the basics of modelchanging and you'll know exactly what im talking about. ED works with a few other instances however i wont directly tell you which ones. Just try it out.

To lazyman.. wow thats amazing:P I thought I was just lazy=)

Fault's Avatar Retired Super Moderator

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im quiet sad because i dont wanna call myself a true modelchanger, cause ive never even attempted instance swapping, because i cant dl a batch renamer. so 2 questions,
    1. Can i manually rename all the files (yes i know itll take a while)
    2. Can you explain the thing about the patch.mpq and the model.mpq

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    "If I and everyone else could contribute to MMOwned like you do it would be a terrific place." Don't PM me with request, only Questions

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Yes you can rename all of the files manually, however just google "Batch renamer" and you should get about 5 billion hits. Most of which will work.

2) Yes i can explain further. In some cases there are 2 version of the files, the original (terrain.mpq) and any changes made (patch.mpq). Both if kept serperate will work, but will be incomplete. To correct this issue you extract both versions. Patch.mpq to one folder and terrain.mpq to another. Now select ALL of the files in the Patch.mpq version and Copy. Move to the terrain.mpq version and paste. Rename anything that conflicts due to names, but hitting the override all or w/e when it pops up. This way you will not miss any files from either version and the model change will be complete. Ie. no invisi walls or something to that extent. Hope that helped clarify.

-SomethingCool

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by SomethingCool525
    1) Yes you can rename all of the files manually, however just google "Batch renamer" and you should get about 5 billion hits. Most of which will work.

2) Yes i can explain further. In some cases there are 2 version of the files, the original (terrain.mpq) and any changes made (patch.mpq). Both if kept serperate will work, but will be incomplete. To correct this issue you extract both versions. Patch.mpq to one folder and terrain.mpq to another. Now select ALL of the files in the Patch.mpq version and Copy. Move to the terrain.mpq version and paste. Rename anything that conflicts due to names, but hitting the override all or w/e when it pops up. This way you will not miss any files from either version and the model change will be complete. Ie. no invisi walls or something to that extent. Hope that helped clarify.

-SomethingCool
    This is a family comp, cant download programs, thats my issue. So I paste it into the terrain.mpq? Thats a little weird but ok

"If I and everyone else could contribute to MMOwned like you do it would be a terrific place." Don't PM me with request, only Questions

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No the terrain.mpq Version. Extract two copies of the file(folder).. The verion from patch.mpq and the verion from terrain.mpq then do as i said, copy the patch.mpq version over the terrain.mpq version.

Error's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Terrain.mpq opens just fine for me in MWS and I can extract. Although when I go to open up patch.mpq. It shows no files in the MPQ. I tried finding an .MPQ extractor...and I found ones that should of worked. But when it started loading them it would get an overflow error.

I almost understand this completely. There is just not any files inthe patch.mpq.
    Last edited by Error; 09-16-2006 at 04:09 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Error
    The Terrain.mpq opens just fine for me in MWS and I can extract. Although when I go to open up patch.mpq. It shows no files in the MPQ. I tried finding an .MPQ extractor...and I found ones that should of worked. But when it started loading them it would get an overflow error.

I almost understand this completely. There is just not any files inthe patch.mpq.
    Its because u dont have the right version of MWS. In 1.11 blizzard made it so MWS could not open patch.mpq(the largest and most important .mpq) and then a new MWS came out. Its all over this site, like MWS v .8 .88 .9 all work

Error's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, I see. I never even knew.

Thanks alot.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been recieving a lot of PM's asking me to post pictures, and explain in extreme detail. As for a response, it is simply something I cannot bring myself to do. I've certainly left more than enough info to teach the outgoing the very method, and im my personal beliefs spoonfeeding is a no no.

I appologize for not being able to explain further, or give you a "true" guide.
    If someone else feels up to it or cares to please by all means make an indepth guide. I just don't feel its right for me to say here do this and itll work. We all had to learn somewhere, and somehow, and this site has a TON of great guides to teach the basics, So it shouldnt be a matter of learning how, as much as a matter of exploration, expanding your mind, and working towards a greater goal. Satisfaction is something to be achieved via YOUR work, me posting a method for you should not give you the kind of satisfaction your own completion of the challenge should. So again I am sincerely sorry, It is more to me than "hording my methods" but something i strongly desire people to learn from trial, error, and hard work.

Best of luck,
    SomethingCool

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks dude, finnaly finnaly instance swapped and i can now happly say, i am a model changer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast