Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blizzard really wanted to scare me?

Hello!

I know there are tons of threads discuss about Warden and how it scans your computer, but I've confused a bit when I've got a suspension and when they answered me why did they suspended me...

Facts:
    - I use a bot with several account at same time. There was situations when I had few running bot attached to wow-clients but I started another wow-client after this. (ergo I started a wow-client when there was running bot on my PC)
    - Bot's name shows in exe's description also it has its own "bot-like" program icon/logo (maybe this last doesn't matter)
    - I quite sure about not reported by any player, in fact I was offline since 5-6 hours when I've got the only e-mail I need to reset my b.net password.
    - I've got a suspension and when I've asked why (I didn't get any e-mail for this so I had to ask them) they told me this:
    Code:
    Your account was suspended due to use of third party programs, which is against the Terms of Use ( http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/about/termsofuse.html
    ), the relevant part of which can be found in capital letters in Chapter 17 entitled Acknowledgements, and states:

"When running, the World of Warcraft client may monitor your computer's random access memory (ram) and/or cpu processes for unauthorized third party programs running concurrently with World of Warcraft. An "unauthorized third party program" as used herein shall be defined as any third party software, including without limitation any "addon" or "mod," that in Blizzard Entertainment's sole determination:

I. enables or facilitates cheating of any type;

II. allows users to modify or hack the World of Warcraft interface, environment, and/or experience in any way not expressly authorized by Blizzard Entertainment; or

III. intercepts, "mines," or ot herwise collects information from or through World of Warcraft. In the event that World of Warcraft detects an unauthorized third party program, Blizzard may

a) communicate information back to blizzard entertainment, including without limitation your account name, details about the unauthorized third party program detected, and the time and date the unauthorized third party program was detected; and/or

b) exercise any or all of its rights under section 6 of this agreement, with or without prior notice to the user."

The use of such programs or files is clearly unfair to the World of Warcraft community playing regularly and is not tolerated on our servers.

Following a review of your case, we can confirm that such program has been used on several occasions by your account, and that the subsequent action taken is appropriate. We would not look to enter into any further communications on this issue as the matter is now considered closed.

etc., etc...
    Before you blame me, I'm not here to arguing or make stupid questions. I've read several thread about Warden. (on the other hand I'm not a well-experienced programmer nor hacker/reverse engineer) What was confused me is this, watch for this part:
    "When running, the World of Warcraft client may monitor your computer's random access memory (ram) and/or cpu processes for unauthorized third party programs running concurrently with World of Warcraft."

So their conclusion was:
    "Following a review of your case, we can confirm that such program has been used on several occasions by your account..."

I think the real reason was they scanned my process list and got a "bot-like" name in it, and maybe this was when I run another wow-client, but in this moment I had already another running bot (so when wow-client started it scanned my process list)

So far I know that wow scans only when it's starting. Right?
    Then what this suppose to mean: "When running, the World of Warcraft client may..." It's maybe my lack knowing of english language (ye, it's poor, I know) but "when running" is not equal with "When starting"

That's why I confused and getting think of that wow CAN scan on the fly not just it's start.

What do you think? What is your opinion? Or they just wanted scare me with this?

regards

Blizzard really wanted to scare me?
    Garneth's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought they were not allowed to access your RAM because it was an invasion of privacy?

Despoiler112's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm no expert on warden, but I do know how they ban. And if you bot and bot frequently, there's no telling which instance or instances they saw you doing it and banned you for it.

sitnspinlock's Avatar Elite User CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i actively watch warden scans, and it dosent scan as much as you would think. im not a fan of botting though the one bot I did write was based off an injected module for data read, and then sendinput for character control, I dont really keep up to date on how most bots are written today so I couldnt say for sure.

also keep in mind that its highly likely that someone reported you, and then got his friends to report you as well. believe me, people do that quite often. and their gamemasters do indeed respond to it, they will monitor you for awhile and even send you messages, I had a friend get one the other day "Excuse me 'playername' could I speak with you for a minute?" etc

the email they sent you could just be a bullshit copy pasta to scare you out of doing it again, but I would bet that someone did indeed report you.

/edit

also, maybe you could say what bot you are using? and if you rolled your own, your methods of character control and data reading.
    Last edited by sitnspinlock; 03-31-2011 at 03:35 PM.

Pimpace's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using GPBot.
    Code:
    http://www.gpbot.com/forum/showthread.php/4542-Prevent-Blizzard-to-detect-GPBot

guizmows's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GPbot is and out of porcess bot.

It uses sendmessages for sending imputs to wow.

syphilis's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should read the warden post. In short, it does not scan out of process, and hasn't for a long time.