0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plat Making Strategies

So. I figured I'd open up a thread for people to post their Plat making strategies. Just try and be as detailed as possible when posting your strategy and I'll throw a link to your post in this one for people to easily traverse the thread. Coords, mob names, values of items on your server, etc are all useful.

Farming

As Teryon pointed out, Rare quality artifacts sell for insane amounts. In some cases, if the artifact is needed for 2 sets, you can sell it for as high as 50 plat. Did it with 3 Freemarch rares yesterday.

I usually make my plat by farming and selling artifacts. Obviously a small undercut if there's any on the AH. If not, Common = 50g, Uncommon = 75g, Rare = 1p, Epic = 2.5p. Few hours of farming a day and I'll bring in about 30-40p a day. Great thing about artifacts is that they only have a 1s deposit. (Note: I do not use MMOninja or whatever so I have to keep my eyes open for artifacts. Using the artifact tracking in that hack could potentially increase your results by a LOT)

SjoeyK

Misc

zycamzip + Guide to Puzzles and Cairns

Item Shuffling

Toughguy000 + (2) + (3)
    Last edited by Xyborg; 03-31-2011 at 10:42 PM.
    Darkness is only a veil for those that refuse to live in the light.

Plat Making Strategies
    zycamzip's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    17/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do puzzle quests, and sell the loot, profit = 3-5 platinum per item gained

SjoeyK's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine's a more brutal strat. I farm on the cultist in Shimmersand picking up about 200-400 Firebrands. I turn in 50 of those for the quest in Wyrm Spyre (forget the name). The quest gives 33g per turn in, and 600 rep to Dragonslayers. Also this is a decent way to farm cloth.

Make around 100p a day if I keep this going.

I'll go back and edit this with more detail later.
    ¿SjoeyK?

Toughguy000's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Buy a shitton of leather, highest you can make with outfitting and break with runebreak (don't go over exotic as its not worth the price for soulbind) - Average price is 2-3g per while making decent profits for exotic leather
    2) make a ton of boots, break them down into components with runebreak
    3) combine all into blast/burst/flares
    4) search AH to see what is selling for the most profit, transform them all into that with the transmute skill
    5) Sell stacks of 10,25,50 on the AH (average price on my server is 35-30g ea)

If your on a server with a good market its about 100p/h if your quick.
    Last edited by Toughguy000; 03-28-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Teryon's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Camp near ore or artifact nodes when you are doing warfronts. They often respawn while you're in the warfront. My usual spot is in the front of the flatyard main gate in Shimmersand.

BTW, blue artifacts are worth a lot more than 1 p. I usually put them for 20 plat on AH, and they sell.

montgola's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Server (economy) dependent here we have my 12 50s on defiant and our economy really hasn't been established that well yet.

Wesk.'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, It's easy finding artifacts if you are using my gatherer

Xyborg's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Wesk. View Post
    Haha, It's easy finding artifacts if you are using my gatherer
    It sure is lol. Now we just need a few tweaks hehe

lostsk8r's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    15/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Toughguy000 View Post
    1) Buy a shitton of leather, highest you can make with outfitting and break with runebreak (don't go over exotic as its not worth the price for soulbind) - Average price is 2-3g per while making decent profits for exotic leather
    2) make a ton of boots, break them down into components with runebreak
    3) combine all into blast/burst/flares
    4) search AH to see what is selling for the most profit, transform them all into that with the transmute skill
    5) Sell stacks of 10,25,50 on the AH (average price on my server is 35-30g ea)

If your on a server with a good market its about 100p/h if your quick.
    How much per unit would you do for thick leather? exotic is at 4g at the moment but thick at 1.90g.. gonna check back tomorrow during the day

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lostsk8r View Post
    How much per unit would you do for thick leather? exotic is at 4g at the moment but thick at 1.90g.. gonna check back tomorrow during the day
    I was able to get exotic for 2g -3g on my server. Thick leather around 1.5-2g.

I seem to have completely crashed my market tho... Took me 5 days to sell 8 stacks at 5g under the market.

Your generally always going to make profit considering 1 blast/burst/surge sells for 20-30 gold, and the cost is max 4-6g/boot. Your more then likely to get at least one of them within the 25 boots you create, even if you don't the crystal stack you do get will at least sell for 1plat min.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got home from work...

Purchased 10 stacks of exotic leather (250 boots worth) at 1.70-1.80 each, so a total investment of ~10p

Will document how many of each rune is obtained, and average profit.

Edit:

That should have been an edit before but anyways..

Sentience Blast - 49 - Average market price 40g each - 19p 40g - Undercutting 35g each - 17p 15g

Perpetual Flare - 59 - Average market price 29g each - 17p 11g - Undercutting 25g each - 14p 75g

Kinetic Blast - 55 - Average market price 50g each - 27p 50g - Undercutting 45g each - 24p 75g

Flickering Crystal - 300 - 6p @ 1p/stack (will be used for conversions, not including in profit)

Posting costs for 2 days run time = 1p / stack = ~3p

Total losses: 13p
    Total profit: 56p 65g
    Sum Total: 43p 65g

You can increase your total next profit by buying out the competition and re-selling at a higher price. You can also convert the mats into a higher tier with the transmute option.. note that not all of them sell as quickly as the rest, splitting your stacks into smaller amounts also allow for quicker profit.

Check your auctions every couple of hours, ensure no one is under-cutting you and buy them out if its only a small amount.

If your profits are willing to take the hit and the competitor is posting a large amount, cancel your present postings and undercut them, or bribe them to delay their posts by a few days so you can sell.
    Last edited by Toughguy000; 03-31-2011 at 10:32 PM.

Thanks G/R
    15/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, I went through today and raised my runecrafting up so I could runebreak all my left over cloth items from maxing outfitting.. I also bought all thick leather at 1.8-2g per, and i got some soulbind for 3g each, I also messed with silk bags for 1.15g per silk cloth and reselling at 30g per bag..

I did calculate the price per break down of like crystals to shards to powder.. and then did same for kinetic tier and perpetual tier.. sentience tier.. found that usually the lowest combination netted the most money per 50 crystals (breaking all the crystals into the lowest form).. then posted stacks of 50, 25, 15, 10, 5 but didnt want to put too many so i'd go to the next item by combining powders to shards.. or arcs to blasts (or w/e).. i'll let you know how it goes ;p

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lostsk8r View Post
    Yea, I went through today and raised my runecrafting up so I could runebreak all my left over cloth items from maxing outfitting.. I also bought all thick leather at 1.8-2g per, and i got some soulbind for 3g each, I also messed with silk bags for 1.15g per silk cloth and reselling at 30g per bag..

I did calculate the price per break down of like crystals to shards to powder.. and then did same for kinetic tier and perpetual tier.. sentience tier.. found that usually the lowest combination netted the most money per 50 crystals (breaking all the crystals into the lowest form).. then posted stacks of 50, 25, 15, 10, 5 but didnt want to put too many so i'd go to the next item by combining powders to shards.. or arcs to blasts (or w/e).. i'll let you know how it goes ;p
    I attempted to break then down myself, but it seems that they don't sell very well in stacks, only in amounts that the newbies are able to purchase. I know it nets larger profit if you post them all with tier 1,2 instead of all tier 3, but they sell so slowly on my server it seems not worth it.

Thanks G/R
    15/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I havent sold all my stuff as fast as I thought.. hmmph. So 1 and 5 stacks? lol

Xyborg's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to know if you guys like the links to peoples posts, or if you'd prefer that I copy/paste or rewrite the info of other people (with credits and link to original post of course) in the main post. So please, let me know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast